D-Day Part 1

Never stopped loving you

 

Sojin's POV
 
"A-Appa... Are you using Umma?" I question trying to look brave even though on the inside I'm falling to pieces. 
 
"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YOU USELESS BRAT" The drunken man answered. I took a step back giving him space incase he collaspses. The bitter smell of alcohol filled my nose causing me to crinkle my nose in disgust. The feeling only made me crumble more, but as much as I wanted to curl into a ball I couldn't. I had to show him I wasn't going to let him push me around.
 
"A-are you ch-cheating on Umma!" I shouted my vision blurring. He turns to me giving me an undescribable look before standing up in his seat, knocking over the empty bottles in the process. " Who told you that?" He questioned taking slow but menacing steps towards me. I gulped " N-no one" 
 
" TELL ME!" His voice echoed through the house. " I-I s-s-saw y-you " I whimpered trying to calm myself down. 
 
'SLAP' I grasped my red cheek, staring at him in horror. What happened to the happy family I grew up with for the past 6 years of my life? Was it all just a lie? Tears were streaming down my face as I looked at him with wide eyes. His face showed no signs of guilt as he made his way back to the couch picking up another bottle. I ran to my room shutting the door behind me. I slid down the door curling myslef infront of it. If only I hadn't said anything that one day... We could have been living happily. My one mistake was confronting him without my umma. I was young and didn't understand anything.
 
That was the day my life turned into hell...
 
----
 
I woke up shaking, tears running down my face. Even though it happened all those years ago, it was still so vivid. It felt as though I was reliving that horrible day again. Those memories that I wanted to forget wont disappear. I slowly make my way to the bathroom, glancing in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy, my hair was a mess and my nose was pink. At least it was Saturday, and there was no school. I quickly changed into denim shorts and a yellow baggy shirt. Feeling refreshed I walked into my living room  just when the door bell rang.
 
Dongwoo POV
 
My hands were sweaty as I made my way down the side walk looking out for the apartment complex on the corner of the street. When the grey building came into view my heart started racing.
 
I found myself at her door in no time.  
 
I pressed the doorbell taking a step backwards. The door opened to reveal a very surprised looking Sojin. She stared at me with wide eyes, before letting me inside. "I hope you don't mind me coming early." I sheepishly said rubbing the back of my neck. "Oh its fine, It just kind of slipped my mind." She answered staring at the ground.
 
Hearing that made my heart drop. She forgot. My shoulders slumed as I pouted. She looked up at me feeling guilty. "OMO! I didn't mean it like that, it's just that I was sidetracked with school and stuff. I'll just grab my bag and we can go... Ok?" She asked before disappearing into the hallway. 
 
I looked around the cozy living room, admiring the pictures of her and a woman, who was probably her mother. My thumbs grazed over her adorable face. I placed the frame back onto the mantle piece and took a step back. That's when I noticed, all the photos are of her and her mom, there wasn't any of her dad or siblings. She never talks about her family, I wander where they are.
 
As if cue, Sojin reappeared. But something was off about her. Her eyes had a dull look to them instead of their usual shine, her smile seemed almost forced. However, I pushed those thoughts aside and linked my arm with hers pulling her out of the house. 
 
Sojin's POV
 
After a while of traveling, we arrived in the city. I was just stepping off the bus when Dongwoo grabbed my hand and pulled me along the sidewalk. My heart started jumping at the sudden contact. My cheeks turned a light pink, but fortunately he was too busy weaving through the crowd of people to notice.
 
I was too busy fussing over our my racing heart to realize that we had already arrived at the destination. I looked at the place and excitement instantly washes through me. He brought me to see the new romantic comedy movie I have been dying to see. Even though its was only the movies, it still made me jump around in joy. I've never actually been to see a movie before, let alone with a friend. Friend, a slight pain runs through my heart at the word. 
 
It was fun being around Dongwoo. I felt as though I could be myself. I felt...free. We shared the popcorn causing us to sit closer than ever. I didn't really mind, it was just a little awkward. Every time we laughed, our heads inched closer together. I never noticed it until there was a kiss scene, making me turn my head in the direction of Dongwoo.
 
I could feel his warm breath brush against my face, the smell of his cologne filled my nostrils. His pink lips were so close to mine that if I just shifted my head a few centimeters our lips would have met. We quickly jumped apart leaving an arms length between us. Our faces turned red as we focused on the movie, too embarrassed to look at the each other. 
 
Soon the movie finished and the audience filed out. We walked around the shops for a while, looking at the different goods that were being sold. We were in a store selling a variety of accessories, when a shiny object caught my eye. It was a mushroom keychain that reminded me of Dongwoo and I. 
 
 
"Dongwoo Oppa!" I called, he turned his head towards me glancing at the item I was gesturing to. He ran over like an excited little kid on Christmas Day and picked the keychain up. He smiled widely at me before rushing to the cashier. I shook my head chuckling at his childishness, making my way over to the boy. He opened my hand and placed the girl mushroom in my hand, taking his phone out on the process.
 
"Let's take a picture with it~" He chimed pulling me closer to him. We took a couple of cute pictures, setting them as our wallpaper. We smiled in satisfaction before heading out of the store. 
 
---
 
Sorry for not updating for a while... 
Hope you liked that chapter. 
 
Please comment and subscribe ^^