That Girl

Never stopped loving you

 

 
Sojin POV
 
I felt my whole body freeze under the intense stares coming from everyone in the room. I squirmed underneath the immense amount of weight that was on me thanks to Dongwoo, who was still too shocked to move an inch.
 
"Yah! What are you doing with my Oppa?" The girl yelled as she stormed towards us, pulling the surprized boy off me. 
 
"I-I-I.." I struggled to get the words out as I fumbled to make an excuse. I quickly shook my head and regained my confidence. Who is she to barge in like that and claim that my boyfriend was hers. That girl has nerve. 
 
"I believe he is my boy friend." I retorted in a matter of fact tone. The mischievous glint didn't go unnoticed by me and I brace myself for whatever trouble there was to follow her. 
 
She was about to make a rude comment when the elder woman, who seemed to be her mother, forcibly removed her daughter's arms off Dongwoo. "That's enough." She sternly said through gritted teeth before she turned to me with a gentle smile.
 
"I'm sorry about that. You must be Sojin." She stretched her arm out as she stared at me with kind eyes. I gladly took her hand and shook it as I questionably glanced at her. "And you are?" I asked with a raised brow ignoring all the frantic shaking of the heads from the boys.
 
"I'm Dongwoo's mother."
 
---  
 
"Wait I'm confused, So if you're his mother then who are you?" I asked motioning towards the girl who was still clinging onto Dongwoo. 
 
After Dongwoo's mother introduced herself in the disastrous kitchen, 7 boys and I quickly dashed up the stairs to wash up before coming back down to greet them properly. And now we were all lounging on the couches in the living room.
 
In the whole duration of this time Dongwoo has not uttered a single word which was starting to worry me. I barely knew anything about his family, their personalities, likes and dislikes. Dongwoo has failed to even mention a thing about his family besides the fact that they live and work overseas.
 
The other boys weren't helping because they were too busy trying to contain their laughter for some unknown reason. Oh, what great friends I have.
 
The girl straightened herself and bowed, shocking me. "I'm Dongwoo's sister." She greeted with an eye smile. I awkwardly bowed back and return her a smile. 
 
"But Dongwoo only mentioned having two elder sisters, he never said anything about a younger sibling." I turned to Dongwoo with wide eyes as thoughts kept circulating in my head. 
 
The room started to erupt with laughter leaving me even more puzzled than what I already was. "No I am his older sister. I just found it amusing watching you get all jealous and such." She smirked causing me to hide my face in embarrassment.
 
"Ok that's enough teasing, now lets get back to the serious side of things." Dongwoo's mother clapped her hands bringing everyone's attention back on her. The atmosphere in the room immediately died down and was immediately replaced with a more serious one.
 
I shivered under the intense stares I was receiving and lowered my gaze down to my fingers as I started to fiddle with the hem of my shirt. "So I'm guessing you're his girlfriend, am I right." She asked. I could almost feel the coldness coming off of her voice and slowly averted my eyes to meet her hard gaze. 
 
I fumbled with my words but none the less truthfully answered her, "Y-yes, I'm Lee Sojin." Her eyes travelled from my head to toe as she carefully scrutinized me. All of a sudden her frown was turned into one of a genuine smile. 
 
"Aigoo, no need to be nervous I'm just messing with you." She giggled and reached over to ruffle my hair. I felt the uneasy feeling melt away and was instead replaced with one of relief. 
 
"Dongwoo You weren't lying when you said she was pretty." I stifled a laugh at the latter's reaction as his cheeks tinted a light shade of pink. 
 
"Umma~" he whined desperately trying to stop her before she embarrassed him further. She mischievously elbowed my ribs "He calls me every night and would never stop talking about you." We all burst into a fit of laughter.
 
"Ah I'm just teasing you." She said as she tried to console the pouting boy. "How about I get us some drinks." I suggested before standing up and making my way over to the now clean kitchen, courtesy of the boys.
 
"Hmmm, what would they like to drink..." I thought out loud to myself as I scanned through the variety of drinks. "I think these would do." A hand reached out and grabbed a few bottles of juice.
 
I quickly snapped my head towards the direction of the voice and found Dongwoo's sister innocently smiling at me. "I thought I'd come to help. It's better than watching my little brother throw a fit." I nodded in agreement and swiftly walked past her and reached into the cupboard grabbing a few glasses. 
 
"Oh and call me Unnie." I grinned at the statement and set the glasses on the table which she then poured the juice into. "Thank you Unnie." I flashed her a smile and placed them onto a tray. 
 
We ended up engaging in a very interesting conversation about Dongwoo, just before we were going to serve the refreshments. I told her the story of his confession in exchange for one of his most embarrassing moments. 
 
"This was the time where he dressed up in my clothes and makeup for his birthday party. All the boys thought he was weird and left as soon as he walked down the stairs." She opened her wallet and showed me a photo of a young Dongwoo wearing a puffy pink skirt with lip stick roughly drawn on his face.
 
 I doubled over in laughter and wiped the tear that managed to fall due to laughing so hard. "Is everything alright in here?" She quickly shoved her wallet back into her pocket as Dongwoo's head popped through the door. 
 
"Yeah we were just bringing the drinks out." I said trying hard to contain my laughter. He raised a questioning brow at both of us, "Does it really take half an hour to prepare drinks."  
 
"Geez, we were just getting to know each other. I'll return your girlfriend back to you now No need to get all jealous boyfriend on me." She turned around and winked at me before exiting the room with the drinks in hand. 
 
He turned to me grinning in triumph and linked his hand with mine. We entered the living room causing all conversations to come to a halt as they stared at our linked hands.     
 
"Aww, look how cute they are." Dongwoo's mother exclaimed causing the boys to gag at the cheesiness. We settled down on the couch in between Hoya and Sungyeol. 
 
"It's only a matter of time now before I get grandchildren." This statement caused me to start choking on my drink. Noticing this, Dongwoo quickly patted my back while sending desperate pleads through his eyes to his mother to stop. 
 
But much to his luck she ignored the signs he was giving and continued, "What?! I'm getting old and your sisters are too lazy to find themselves a boyfriend." She complained making the boys snicker.
 
"Umma!" Both of the siblings yelled at the same time before burying their flushed faces in their lap in complete synchronization. 
 
I laughed at how alike the three were. Their behavior, their features and even the way they laugh. I even noticed that Dongwoo and his sister had the same dancing technique as we danced around to our favorite songs. Which ranged from girl group dances to boy group dances, Michael Jackson was even thrown in their. 
 
But all good things come to an end and soon we were all biding them farewell. "Come and visit again Unnie." I said as I was pulled in for a warm embrace. 
 
"Thank you for coming into Dongwoo's life, Sojin. You don't realize it but, he seems to be smiling a lot more now that you're here. You helped him found out who he was as a person." She smiled as she pulled away and ruffled my hair. 
 
"See you soon Sojin!" She waved before she was pushed out of the way by her mother.  
 
"Sojin, if he ever breaks your heart. Tell me and I'll fly down here and give him a back hand" She grinned then leaned towards me, "And I do want to see little people running around next time I come for a visit." She winked causing my face to turn a deep shade of red. I slowly nodded my head as she turned to leave. 
 
The boys said their goodbyes and we watched as the taxi drove off into the distance. 
 
I then locked the door and walked down to the dance studio getting ready for another long night spent in prepariation for my audition.