School

Cinderella Life

   Math, Physics, Geography.

   After listening to the Geography's teacher voice for what seemed like an eternity, the bell signaling the break finally rang. 

   Just like everyday, Zelo and I would be the first ones to run out of the room towards Dae Hyun's and Il Hoon's classroom. My school is a secondary school, high school and college at the same time, just so you know. The secondary and high school classes are in a different building than the college ones. College classes finish 10 minutes after high school's, so we have plenty of time to walk leisurely to their building and wait outside their class so we can get something to eat. We dash out of the class just because we hate staying in there for any second more than necessary.

   We take an average of five minutes to reach their classroom. We walk down four flights of stairs, cross the street, say hi to the security guard, who always lets us in without asking anything, and go up to the third floor. About 15 steps to the left and here we are ! It depends on the day, but sometimes we take less than three minutes to arrive. I guess I'm just too hungry to walk faster today.

   Their bell rang, but those two always take their time to do everything. We see all kinds of boys and girls leaving the room until there's no one else going through the door, so we go inside and they are copying what's on the board, or finishing an exercise which was supposed to be homework, stuff like that.

   "Oppa !" I yell from the door. Not even the teacher is inside anymore. They both look back surprised.

   "With which one of us are you talking to ?" Il Hoon asked pointing to both of them.

   "Both. Hurry up, I'm starving !" I whined holding my stomach. Being hungry hurts.

   "Me too. Let's go." Dae Hyun dropped his pen on the desk and rushed outside, passing by me and walking towards the stairs.

   "Wallet." Il Hoon screamed from inside while closing his book and Dae Hyun came back.

   "Oh, right." He said as he entered the room. Zelo and I chuckled. Silly.

   We headed to a nearby cafe. You already know that Dae Hyun and I are not healthy people when it comes to food, so let me tell you something else, Zelo and Il Hoon aren't either.

   Everyday we have cakes, cupcakes, fried stuff, milkshakes, smoothies and things like that. Today was not different.

   "So, how are the preparations for your wedding ?" Il Hoon asked, obviously eager to attend the event.

   "What ?" Dae Hyun kind of choked with his cheesecake. I just giggled slightly.

   "I'm 16, oppa. I can't legally get married yet."

   "So what ? You can start getting ready for it. You know, getting a nice place to hold the party on the day you want is really difficult nowadays." He moved his fork up and down as he spoke.

   "Yeah, but there's no need to book it two years before the real thing, right ?" I put his hand down, afraid that crumbs of his cake would fly to my face and hair.

   "Have you thought about the name of your kids ?" Zelo asked brightly.

   "WHAT ?" Dae Hyun and I choked and got wide-eyed.

   "Well, you are going to get married. That's what married couples do. They have babies, right ?"

   "Dude, you are either too naive or too bold. What kind of question is that ?" Dae Hyun barely screamed the last part. I, on the other hand, was too shocked to be able to even move.

   "Did I say something wrong ?" His innocent look really annoys me at times like this.

   "I guess she thinks so." Il Hoon pointed to my frozen self.

   "Rika, you said almost the same thing to me last time, remember ? Why are you acting like this ?" 

   "It's different, idiot. You and me, me and him. Totally different." I had a slightly desperate tone in my voice

   "And why is that ?" Dae Hyun asked, before Zelo had the chance.

   "Because I know that there will never be anything between Zelo and I, but you and me ? We are already engaged, so that's totally awkward." I said avoiding everyone's eyes.

   "Listen, if you are so against it, we can talk to my dad. He really cares about you, you know ? I'm sure he would understand." 

   "That's not what I mean, but what about you ? What do you think about this whole marriage thing ?"

   "Honestly, if you don't mind, I don't mind." That answer got me off guard.

   Il Hoon nudged Zelo and with a discreet change of looks they left us alone. Not good. There was an awkward silence, which Dae Hyun soon broke.

   "About what Zelo said, why did you get so shocked ?"

   "You also did."

   "But you were worse."

   "Well, that was unexpected."

   "As I said before, we used to swim , so as bad as it may sound, I've already seen you and you've already seen me ."

   "That's totally different. We were kids. Things have changed." 

   "You mean phisically ?"

   "And mentally, but yes, we grew."

   "Looking at you, you don't seem to have grown much." He let out a mocking laugh.

   "I don't think you did either." I smiled sarcastically.

   "What do you mean ? I'm tall enough." He seemed a little confused.

   "I don't mean height." I immediately regretted having said that. Could this get any more awkward ?

   We were awkwardly in silence for about 10 minutes, before I looked at my watch and noticed it was time to go back to class. Thank God. We walked in silence and separated without even saying bye. I'm glad we only have classes in the morning today, so I don't have to face him during lunch.

   The rest of the morning went by fast, but I didn't focus in any of the lessons. I kept on mentally slapping myself for saying such an embarassing thing for the both of us. I just wish I could turn back time and don't say that again, but what's done, is done. There's no turning back now.