Awkward

Cinderella Life

   I woke up and I was lying on Dae Hyun's chest. When I realized it, I got shocked and accidentally gave him a little push, which got him awake. The night wasn't cold, so I kicked the blanket away at some point. He started looking around and stared at me, chuckling.

   "Hey, don't do that. You're my little sister, but I'm still a guy with raging hormones." His voice was husky and I liked that. But still, I didn't get what he meant with that.

   "What ? Sleeping on your chest ?"

   "No." He moved his eyes down, showing me what he was talking about.

   I forced him to face the other side and sprang out of bed. Damn it. I was wearing an old white shirt of his and it was pretty fine, as it reached my knees, so it was like a nightdress, even longer than the dress I wore to the party. But, apparently, I moved too much during the night and somehow the shirt went up, which means I was sleeping on him bottomless. He woke up to the sight of my blue underwear. Awesome. I immediatelly ran to the bathroom to try to get rid of my burning red face. Great way to start the day.

   "Rika yah." Dae Hyun knocked on the door, chuckling.

   "Go away, I'm busy." I said while applying some liquid concealer after washing my face with cold water.

   "Busy with what ? Hiding your blushing cheeks with make up ?" I froze. How did he know ? "Come on, we used to swim when we were children. It was not that bad."

   "What happened to the two of you ?" I heard dad's voice. I thought he would be at work by this time, but anyway.

   "Nothing much."

   "Oh, come on, you can tell me." I could imagine dad's elbow poking Dae Hyun's waist with that naughty grin on his face.

   "I saw her underwear." I froze again. Did he really have to be so straightforward ?

   "Only that ? I was expecting something more. I even slept listening to music not to be woken up by pleased sounds." Wait, what did he just say !?

   "What are you talking about, dad !?" I could feel he was as surprised as I was. Maybe even more.

   "I thought something would happen or had happened when I saw you like that." He sounded disappointed.

   "Saw us like what ?"

   "Here, take a look." What is he telling Dae Hyun to look at ?

   "Dad !"

   "What ? It's cute, isn't it ?" I couldn't handle it anymore. I stepped out of the bathroom in a blink of an eye and took a picture from dad's hand.

   "What is it ? When did you take it ? Why did you do it ? And no, nothing happened." I didn't know what to say or how to react to that.

   "Well, when I got home I decided to check on you. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer, so I assumed that you were already asleep. I went in and saw you like this. I'm sorry, but I couldn't help taking a picture of it !"

   It was a picture of Dae Hyun on the right side of the bed with his left arm under my neck, going around my upper back and his hand resting on my left shoulder. I was on the left side of the bed, lying on my right side, with my head resting on his chest, right arm kind of hugging his left arm, left arm on top of him with my hand holding his neck and my left leg was bent on top of him. Luckily, the shirt was still fully covering my body at this time.

   "But how can you already have it printed ?" I was still shocked, but somehow managed to ask it. 

   "Well, I was going to work, but then I thought that this was a great picture to use in your wedding party, so I printed it not to take the risk of losing it and came back home to upload it on my computer and on Dae Hyun's notebook after saving it on a pen drive." He admited totally satisfied.

   "Dad, you know I'm only 16, I can't get married yet." I tried to reason.

   "We can wait. Right, Dae Hyun ?" He looked at Dae Hyun, who was speechless.

   "Y-Yes.." He mumbled after having his foot stepped on. Dad smiled at me and I just smiled back awkwardly.

   "Ok, now I have to go to work, so I'll leave the two of you alone." He patted both of our shoulders before leaving us there speechless.

   I went back into the bathroom to organize the mess I had made just now. As I used to always be in this house, I left a toothbrush, some make up and slippers here, so I wouldn't have to remember to take many stuff when I came to Dae Hyun's house. In the rush of hiding my blushing cheeks, I accidentally dropped basically everything that was on the shelf. I even destroyed one of Dae Hyun's perfumes. Sorry about that, oppa. I'm kind of glad that I didn't drop my favorite perfume of his, otherwise I would have the need of buying him a new one. In this case, I'm sorry, but you're not getting anything from me, Dae Hyunnie.

   I'm not good at cooking, so I asked Dae Hyun to get me something for breakfast. Just then I realized it was already 12 p.m. and he told me to get dressed, so we could go out to have lunch. 

   "I have no clothes, oppa." 

   "Oh, right." He went into his room and came out with another shirt of his, a black and newer one, and my slippers.

   "You want me to go out only wearing your shirt ? And slippers ?"

   "Yes, think about it as a new style. You're a fashionista, Rika." He smiled mockingly.

   "You can't be serious." He couldn't be serious.

   "Well, if you prefer to go back to your house to get clothes and never go out again anymore, that's your choice." He pretended to leave, but I stopped him.

   "Ok, you win. But why black ? I'm going to feel hot, can't you see the sun outside ?" I whined while taking the shirt and the slippers from his hands.

   "White is not a good color for you to go out. It's almost see-through."

   "But I slept with you in that see-through shirt."

   "But I wouldn't do anything with you, it's totally different."

   "If I remember your words from this morning, you said that I was doing something to your raging hormones." I smirked.

   "Erm, don't take that seriously." He scratched the back of his head. "Anyway. I'm hungry, go get changed."

   "Come oooooon, don't you have any other color besides black and white ?"

   I ended up wearing a lilac shirt. It was really cute. Even if I loved the shirt, I was feeling ridiculous. My slippers were really cute too, but to stay at home, not to go out and have meals.

   "Don't worry, we'll stop somewhere to buy you some clothes before having lunch." Dae Hyun looked at me trying not to laugh.

   "But I'm hungry." I whined.

   "You won't even be allowed to enter the restaurant dressed like that." As Dae Hyun and I are people with a considerable amount of money, we only go to really nice restaurants, so he was right, I wouldn't be able to even go in dressed like this.

   We went out and stopped at the first shop we saw. I only bought white shorts and a pink tank top. I could wear my slippers, no big deal. On top of my just bought clothes I wore Dae Hyun's shirt and I actually felt really fashionable. It fits me well, I might not give him this shirt back. Dae Hyun and I gave up on going to a restaurant, so we went to the nearest mall and ended up eating fast food.

   "Want to go shopping ? I know you haven't gone shopping for seven months and I know you love shopping."

   "I wonder why Hee Yeon hasn't called yet."

   "Because you're with me." He winked. I laughed.

   "Anyways, let's go." I dragged him around the mall for 3 hours. We were carrying 12 big bags of clothes, shoes, purses, accessories and make up. In fact, he was carrying 10 and I only had 2. I mean, I'm the girl, he's the boy, it's self explanatory. Oh, and he was the one who bought me everything. Yes, I had my credit card with me, but he offered to pay and I didn't think twice. Just to remind you, he's the guy and he's richer. No more words needed.

   Time to eat again. You have to eat every three hours, ok ? We were tired anyway, so we stopped at a cupcake shop and enjoyed the sweet taste. Just to say we're not unhealthy people, my cupcake had strawberries in it and Dae Hyun's had pineapples on top of it. And we drank water afterwards. Water is really important to your body.

   "I know you got bored while I was shopping, so let's go shopping for you now." I clung to his arm and smiled at him.

   "I didn't get bored. I'm happy when you're happy, ok ? And I like seeing you trying some clothes on and showing me." He pushed my forehead lightly with his index finger. I pouted.

   "But I want to shop for you, pleeeeeease !" I shook his arm like a spoiled kid and he chuckled.

   "You really are a baby, aren't you ?" I nodded and he laughed. "Let's go then. You will choose me some clothes."

   "Yes, sir !"

   Just like that, my day went by. We went back home to leave our bags and shower before going out for dinner. I showered first, while he took his new clothes out of the bags and placed them in his wardrobe. There are 6 showers in his house, but for some reason we only shower in this bathroom since we were kids. None of us really know why.

   I should go home after dinner, but I don't want to. I really don't. As soon as I step into the house, Hee Yeon will make sure to not let me sleep for the next three days or so. Maybe I should just stay here for one more night. I don't know. I'll think about it during dinner.