Party I

Cinderella Life

Hey, guys ! Honestly, I started writing fanfics to improve my English skills, so are there any native English speakers reading this ? If you guys notice any grammar mistakes or any kind of mistakes, please let me know, so that I can correct it ! ^-^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   We've got a party to go today, yay ! Just so you know, I'm being sarcastic here. Today is Dae Hyun's dad's birthday part. My dad's party, actually, as he told me to call him dad when I was about 9 years old.

   You must be wondering if I actually got permission to go to the party, right ? Well, yes. But just because I was the one invited. Il Hoon was kind of invited too. Dae Hyun invited him, but not his dad. To sum up, if I don't go, they are not welcome.

   I have a party to go and I don't have any clothes, just great ! I hardly ever buy clothes to myself, as I can't really leave my house. And, obvioulsy, that woman doesn't ever buy even socks for me. I rummage my wardrobe, but, as expected, there's nothing appropiate for a party.

   *Knock knock*

   I just hope it's not Hee Yeon. "Come in."

   "Hey there !" That smile. I can live well just seeing that smile everyday.

   "Oh, oppa ! What brings you here ?" I ask while still trying to find a nice outfit. Not that I had any hope left anyways.

   "Let me guess. You can't find an outfit to wear today, right ?" He smirked, sitting on my bed.

   "Yeah.. Your mom never lets me go shopping, so I have no clothes to wear." I pouted.

   "No worries. Your savior just arrived !" He held out a box in my direction.

   "What ?" I hadn't even noticed he was carrying a box. I took it anyways, kinda confused, and kept staring at it. It was rather big, pearly white and had a sparkly silver ribbon on it.

   "Won't you open it ? I'm feeling bad here, it's like you're rejecting my gift." He pouted and pretended to cry.

   "But what it is for, anyways ?" I asked after slapping his arm playfully and beginning to remove the ribbon.

   "You'll see."

   I opened the box and saw a black dress folded inside. It was plain black, nothing else. The simplest the best.

   He then handed me two more boxes. Ok, not to notice one box is fine, but three ? Anyways. They were wrapped exactly like the other one. I opened the first one. Shoes. Beautiful, 5" heels, fuchsia shoes. I opened the second box right after and there was a small black purse with some shiny details here and there. I was touched. In fact, I was petrified. Silly me.

   "Didn't you like it ?" His smile was slowly disappearing. "Why don't you say anything ?" He lowered his face to look at me, who was still staring at the gifts. Without a warning, I jumped on top of him, embracing him in a bear hug.

   "Thank you, oppa ! Thank you, thank you, thank you !" I kept on hugging him and kissing his entire face.

   "I'm glad you liked it." He smiled while taking me off of him.

   "But won't it be a problem for you ? I mean, because of your mom."

   "Don't worry, I used my own money." 

   "You didn't have to." I suddenly felt bad.

   "I wanted to."

   "But still. I don't want you to spend your money with me, you know that."

   "Hey, I also have a lot of money, ok ? The amount of money my mom gives me as allowance is more than what a lot of people receive as their salary."

   "If you say so. Thanks again then." I kissed his cheek and he ruffled my hair.

   "Get ready. We're leaving in 30 minutes." I nodded and he left.

   I rushed to the bathroom to take a quick shower and get dressed. I put on a little makeup, but nothing much. Earrings, a necklace and a bracelet. Done. I still had about 5 minutes left.

   As you may imagine, Hee Yeon doesn't allow me to ride her car, so I have to find my ways of getting anywhere I want. Luckily, Zelo was invited to the party. Actually, I kind of forced Dae Hyun's dad to invite him, saying that I wouldn't go without him. I called Zelo and he was already waiting outside with his mom. Yes, she would drive us there. His mom knows everything about my Cinderella life. I consider her my own mom, so I tell her everything. She has invited me to live at her house several times already, but I refused all of them, saying I didn't want to be a nuisance. She insists up until today and I'm really thankful to her, but still, I'm not willing to leave Il Hoon.

   On our way to the party I kept on telling Zelo not to leave me at any time. I didn't want to give dad a chance to lock Dae Hyun and I in a dark room or something like that. Zelo kept on laughing and so did his mom. I like their laughter. It kind of cheers me up.

   After a lot of chatting, we arrived. I really didn't want to go in. While I was deciding to go or not to go, Hee Yeon and Il Hoon arrived. I had no other choice then. Hee Yeon bumped into my shoulder on purpose, rushing me inside. Il Hoon caressed my hurt shoulder and placed his hand on my back, pushing me lightly. I took Zelo's hand and we went in.

   As soon as we got inside, dad hugged me. I was slightly shocked, as always, and I could only hear Zelo giggling behind me. I awkwardly broke the hug and he took me to meet Dae Hyun. I pulled Zelo with me by his wrist.

   Dae Hyun was as awkward as myself. We bowed and avoided looking at each other in the eyes.

   "Hey, dude. How's life ?" Zelo tried to break the silence. Thank you, ma giant baby.

   "It's ok, I guess. You ?" He was confortable with Zelo and his dad didn't like it.

   Dae Hyun's dad pushed Zelo away and dragged Dae Hyun and I to the stage. Zelo yah, don't leave me, please. Zelo followed us, but dad locked the door to the stage before he could go in. As we were under the stage lights I saw Zelo looking at me apologetically. I just shook my head, smiling, telling him it was ok.

   "Good evening, everyone ! Thank you all for coming to my party. It's really touching to have all of you, people who are part of my life's story, attending such a special event for me. But ! This night is not only mine. I have a really important announcement to make !" Dad had the mic in his hand and sounded really excited. Everyone's attention was on the stage. About 300 pairs of eyes were on the stage. I kind of hid behind Dae Hyun. His dad looked back and smiled at us.

   "What is your dad planning ?" I whispered to Dae Hyun.

   "I have no idea." He shrugged. "But he told me to warm up my voice and dress especially well today. He is probably going to tell me to sing for you or something like that."

   "But what about this important announcement ? He said this night is not only his, then it must be something related to the two of us."

   "I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid." As he said it, his dad motioned for the two of us to go to the front.

   "Today I have the pleasure to announce that my son, Jung Dae Hyun, and this lovely lady, his childhood best friend, Kim Rika, are getting married !" Everyone started cheering and clapping, besides 4 people. Dae Hyun and I looked at each other desperated. Zelo was looking at me with eyes wide open and a fallen chin. Hee Yeon was cursing under her breath. Dae Hyun was wealthy, even more than my dad, and Hee Yeon didn't want me to live a good life. Besides, she knew we used to be best friends and she definitely didn't want me to be happy. Her life's purpose of ruining my life couldn't end like this.

   You must be wondering about Il Hoon, right ? Well, he was clapping. He knew Dae Hyun was a nice guy, and if we got married I would finally get rid of my Cinderella life, so, yes, he supported our nearing marriage.

   We were still shocked, when Dae Hyun's dad spoke once again. "Now my son will dedicate a song to his finacée."

   "What ? Dad, I didn't prepare anything, how can I sing in front of all these people ?" He whispered to his dad discreetly.

   "I told you to warm up your voice beforehand, didn't I ? You're good then."

   "But I didn't practice any song, what if I mess up ?"

   "You're a good singer, son. I know it. Don't worry, it's a song we used to listen to a lot when it was released not that long ago, so you know it. Just pour out your feelings for her." He patted Dae Hyun's back.

   "But, dad, I'm not in love with her. We are just friends."

   "For now. But let's make sure she's not taken by anyone else until you realize your true feelings." Dae Hyun was speechless and dad handed him the mic.

   His dad the background music and I immediately recognized it. It was Lee Seung Gi's "Will You Marry Me ?". Dae Hyun missed the first beats, as he wasn't expecting the song to start yet, but as soon as he got his senses back he started singing. We didn't make eye contact not even once while he was singing. It was too embarrassing. When the end of the song was nearing, I saw Dae Hyun's dad whispering something into his ear and handing him a little black box. Oh no, he can't be thinking what I think he is thinking. 

   Before he sang the last "Will you marry me ?" of the song, he approached me awkwardly and got on his knees. He sang the last words, handed me the mic and opened the little box. I froze.

   "Just go with the flow." He said in a low tone for people not to hear it.

   "Yes." I said after placing the mic in front of my mouth. Everyone cheered and clapped again, while he put the ring around my finger and sighed before standing back up. I was still frozen in the spot.

   After some time I decided to give the mic back to Dae Hyun's dad, but he motioned me to keep it. I didn't understand at first, but kept it anyways. I saw him handing Dae Hyun another mic and I figured what he was trying to do.

   "Dad, I can't sing !" I tried to convince him, but he just smiled.

   "Don't lie to me. Dae Hyun once told me that you used to sing to him whenever he couldn't sleep and that you were pretty good." I glared at Dae Hyun, but he didn't notice. "Better get ready, the song is going to start."

   "Wait, what is the song ?" He didn't answer and the song was already playing. It was "Our Love Like This" by Jung Eun Ji and Seo In Guk. I love this song and always sing it when I'm alone at home, but I would never expect that my first time singing in public would happen like this.

   We had given up on fighting against it and decided to just pretend we were real lovers. During the song we would hold hands, look deeply into each others' eyes, smile sweetly, tons of lovey dovey actions. Dad seemed to be totally pleased when the song ended.

   He finally let us leave the stage and I immediately ran to Zelo.

   "Zelo yah, I guess I'm getting married." I said with a concerned look in my face.

   "At least you are friends. It could have been a lot worse." 

   "You're not really helping." I pouted.

   "Sorry. I'm still shocked with the news too." He awkwardly smiled and I just pushed him to an empty table and waited for the dinner to be served.

   Not even an hour has passed since the beggining of the party and I'm suddenly engaged. Awesome. 

   This is going to be a long night.