Hoodie

Cinderella Life

   I asked Dae Hyun if he knew why his dad had a picture of my mom in his room and he said he didn't, but when I kept on asking him if he had any idea why he just ignored me. Suspicious...

   Anyway. It's 10:32 a.m. right now and I'm lying on the sofa doing nothing again. Zelo is soon coming over to give me my iPod back. He borrowed it from me when his iPod fell inside his instant noodles and died about seven months ago and he never gave it back to me. I never asked it back, as I don't really use an iPod to listen to music. I think my cellphone or the computer itself are better choices, but now I will need it in the plane, so, yeah.

   "Rika, where is my black hoodie ?" Dae Hyun screamed from upstairs.

   "How am I supposed to know ?" I screamed back.

   "You were the last one to wear it !"

   "No, I wasn't ! Why would I wear your hoodie ?"

   "Because you asked me to lend you one of my hoodies on the day of your History test, as you wanted to feel more comfortable and have something on you to give you some luck !" Oh, right.

   "Maybe it's in the laundry !"

   "Maybe ? That's my favorite hoodie, Rika !"

   "I'm sorry, ok ? I can't remember ! I can't think properly when I have a History test to face !"

   "You're really... Aish !" I didn't dare to say anything else. It was really my fault after all. It took me about 40 seconds to feel guilty and go upstairs to talk to him.

   Dae Hyun was on the floor, still packing his stuff. When I opened the door he just looked at me and turned his attention back to his clothes. I crouched next to him, trying to use some of my missing aegyo.

   "Look, I'm so so so sorry ! I really didn't mean to lose it, I swear ! I will find your hoodie, ok ? And even if I don't, I will buy you a new one, so don't worry."

   He looked back at me and chuckled. "Silly." He pushed my forehead with his index finger and I fell backwards. "I can buy it myself if I want, you know ? But do you remember who gave it to me ?"

   "I did. And that's why I can buy you another one and it will be just the same."

   "Not really. Do you remember when you gave it to me ?"

   "I don't think so." I tilted my head.

   "Think about it. Even if you buy me another hoodie, it won't be the same." He stood up after zipping his suitcase and left the room.

   I stayed on the ground, trying to remember. I soon moved to the bed, tossed and turned, but nothing came to my mind. I gave him the hoodie about two years ago, how am I supposed to remember what happened that day ?

   My thoughts were interrupted by Zelo's voice. I went downstairs just to hear some last words of their talking about Dae Hyun's lost hoodie. Damn it.

   "Here." Zelo handed me my iPod.

   "Thanks." I smiled. "What were you guys talking about ?"

   "Men's stuff." He shrugged.

   "You're not men." I mocked.

   "Boys' stuff then." Zelo corrected himself.

   "You're not boys either."

   "Young men's stuff." Another correction. Dae Hyun face palmed himself.

   "You are so lying." I rolled my eyes.

   "What ?" Zelo had a blank expression on his face.

   "You don't need to be a man to talk about men's stuff, idiot. What if a 10 year old talks about marriage ? Does it make him a man ?" Zelo probably didn't understand, as he still had that clueless expression on his face.

   "Either way, a male's talk is not meant for girls." I would probably get mad at Dae Hyun after this sentence, but he said it smiling jockingly, so I let it pass this time.

   "ist." I jockingly frowned and turned to go back upstairs, but he backhugged me.

   "Don't get me wrong, babe. It's just something you don't have to know about." I just nodded.

   "Yah, hyung, before I leave there's one thing I have to warn you about." We both looked at Zelo. "Don't you dare touch my bestie." I giggled and released myself from Dae Hyun's arms.

   "Got it, Jung Dae Hyun ?" I clung to Zelo's arm. "Don't you dare touch me." Dae Hyun raised a brow and pulled me away from Zelo.

   "I won't promise anything, dude." He pulled me closer to him and I kind of ran away.

   "Save me, Zelo !" I hugged Zelo from behind, as if using him as a shield against Dae Hyun.

   "Just don't get pregnant, ok ?" He chuckled as he took my arms off of him and pulled me to the front. "We still have to go to Stanford." He patted my head and I nodded, smiling.

   "If he tries anything, he will end up in jail anyway." I glared at Dae Hyun and he raised a brow. "You can't speak Japanese, sweetheart." I smirked.

   "Of course I can." He crossed his arms.

   "I don't mean asking for food or for directions to the bathroom, oppa." I rolled my eyes. "I can easily say you attempted to harrass me and you won't even know what hit you." I cutely smiled at him and Zelo chuckled.

   "If I were you, I would sleep on the floor, hyung."

   Dae Hyun hesitated for a moment. "I already told you I wouldn't do anything to you, silly." He sulked.

   "I'm just making sure you won't do anything that will ruin your dream of becoming an idol, oppa." And suddenly I remembered. I remembered the day I gave him the black hoodie.