Revenge

Cinderella Life

   He sighed and picked the bear up from the floor. He walked back to my side and sat on the bed, holding the teddy bear on his lap. He looked up and sighed again.

   "I gave up. So don't even think about it."

   "Huh?"

   "I still have a lot to do in this world. How can I just leave you here alone? The girl who doesn't even know how to cross the street." He mocked and looked at me. "I made you cry again. I won't go anywhere before making up for that." He handed me the teddy bear.

   "Not after it either." I gazed at him.

   "If you want me to stay, I will."

   "Jerk." I tried to turn my body to sleep, but I had forgotten it would hurt. I stopped moving right after letting out a painful moan.

   "Just stand still. Your body can't take it yet." He turned me back to my original position gently.

   "I won't be able to sleep like this." I pouted, looking down.

   He sighed and slightly smiled for a second. Then he started singing and, after some time, I finally relaxed and fell asleep.

   "Rika, you have to come here right now!" Zelo screamed, panting.

   We were back in Seoul, in a random building. I wasn't wearing casts anymore and I could breathe without feeling that sharp pain in my chest.

   I ran after Zelo to the rooftop and Dae Hyun was there, standing on the edge.

   "Jung Dae Hyun, what do you think you are doing?" I slowly approached him.

   He turned around and looked at me. "Go away. I don't want you to see this."

   "I'm not letting you do it. Be aware that if you jump, I'll jump right after you." He hesitated for a moment, but didn't step down. "Please, Dae Hyun. Please, don't do it." I was allowing some tears to roll down my cheeks, and that probably had some effect on him.

   He sighed and was about to leave the edge, but Shi Hoo came out of nowhere and pushed him off the roof.

   With his scream, I woke up.

   I wanted to scream his name, but I couldn't wake everyone in the house up. I wanted to run to his room, but I realized my body wouldn't be able to. So I decided to call him.

   "Rika?" He answered with a sleepy voice.

   "C-can you come here now?"

   "Sure."

   He hung up and I started crying. Why am I like this? I know it was nothing but a nightmare, so why do I feel like I need to see him to make sure he's fine?

   I closed my eyes in an attempt to calm myself down. It didn't really work, but at least it stopped my tears from falling.

   "Are you awake?" I shot my eyes open and tried to sit up in a flash, but it was as if a hundred swords were piercing through my body, so I fell back.

   He ran to me and tried to put me back in a comfortable position, but I couldn't care less about the pain. I touched his face, his arm, his chest. Maybe to feel if he was...whole? Maybe just because I missed him.

   "What's wrong with you?" He held my hand, waking me up from my trance. "I've been talking to you for the past minute and you don't seem to be listening."

   I said nothing. I hugged him with one arm, not caring about how much it hurt, and started crying again. He was frozen for a second, but then he just sighed and my hair. I cried for about five more minutes and moved away.

   He touched my chin and lifted my face gently. "Will you tell me what's wrong now?"

   I hesitated for a moment. "I had a nightmare and you were in it." He nodded. "It wasn't only you. And it made everything worse."

   "Who els-" His question was interrupted by a "YAH!" from...Il Hoon? Hurried steps followed right after. "Hold on." Dae Hyun left to the room he was sharing with Il Hoon.

   The only thing in my mind was: Did someone break into the house? Is Il Hoon ok? I wanted to check it myself, but my body wouldn't let me.

   After about ten nerve-racking minutes, Dae Hyun came back. "What happened? Is Il Hoon ok? Is there a robber or something in the house?"

   "Relax. Everything is fine." He sat back on my bed. "Apparently there's someone looking for me."

   "What?"

   "Il Hoon said a random guy was calling my name in our room, but when he woke up, the guy realized I wasn't there and ran away."

   "Who?"

   "I don't know. Probably someone who knows the family and has the key, because there's no sign of forced entry."

   I froze. Could it be...Shi Hoo? If it is, then we should go back to Seoul. If he creeped inside Dae Hyun's room in the middle of the night, I'm sure he didn't come for a friendly chat. I'm not saying he would kill Dae Hyun, especially not before getting reven-...Wait a second.

   "Oppa, go check if Zelo is fine." I would have gone myself, but this damn body stopped me.

   "What? Why?" He asked clueless.

   "Just go, please." He was still a little confused, but left anyway.

   I breathed in and out deeply. Those ten nerve-racking minutes were nothing compared to what I was feeling by then. Shi Hoo didn't get the chance to punch Zelo back on that day, and he doesn't look like the kind of guy who will be punched and just forget about it.

   Dae Hyun came back running and panting. "He's bleeding and doesn't answer. I'll take him to the hospital."

   "Take me with you!" I asked as he turned to leave.

   "I'm sorry, but it would take longer. Ask Il Hoon to take you there later."

   He left and my mind was a mess. I needed to go after them. The hospital was nearby, so I could get there easily, but not in my current state. After some minutes of mental suffering, I couldn't take it anymore, so I called Il Hoon.

   "Hello?"

   "Let's go to the hospital."

   "Are you not feeling well?"

   "It's not because of me."

   "What do you mean?"

   "Just bring me the wheelchair, please."

   "Hm, hang on."

   Il Hoon helped me up and sat me on the wheelchair. He helped me wear a hoodie over the pajamas and rushed to put on jeans and a hoodie himself. We left the house and dashed to the hospital. Luckily, there was no one on the street, because I was still wearing my pajama pants. Though it wouldn't make much difference, as the hospital was just two blocks away from the house.

   A lot of nurses and people working there asked if there was something wrong with me, but I just ignored them and asked for Choi Jun Hong. Apparently, Dae Hyun didn't even talk to the receptionist, as she didn't know who he was, but she told us to stay at the waiting room, as the beat up Asian boy was in the ICU.

   When we got there, Dae Hyun was sitting, shaking his leg uneasily. "Oppa?"

   "He got beaten up pretty badly. He is unconscious."

   Awesome. I've just woken up from a coma and now Zelo is in ICU. And it's all my fault. Just great.