Alive

Cinderella Life

   "His vital signs are back to normal, so you don't have to worry. He just needs to rest." The doctor told us after about two hours of intensive treatment.

   It's 5:49 a.m. right now. Zelo's parents should be waking up soon. Will they look for us? Or will they just assume we are still sleeping and go out to wander around? I don't want to get them worried, but I think they should know what happened to their son.

   "Is he awake?" Dae Hyun asked the doctor while I was still lost in thoughts. And yes, they could talk. In English.

   "Not yet, but he should be waking up in a few minutes. You can go to his room and wait if you want." The three of us were heading to his room, but the doctor stopped us. "I meant only one of you. Too many people may be harmful. He's too frail right now, even the slightest noise may be a nuisance for him." He excused himself and the three of us exchanged looks.

   "You go." Il Hoon told me. I looked at Dae Hyun and he just nodded. "I'll take you there." Il Hoon pushed my wheelchair to the room and left.

   I stayed there only looking at him for about twenty minutes until he slowly opened his eyes. I didn't say anything for some time, giving him the chance of getting used to the...environment? Anyway. After two or three minutes he noticed me.

   "Hi." I said in a whisper. He just groaned a bit. "How are you feeling?"

   He groaned a little more. "What do you think?"

   "Maybe just like I was."

   "I don't know how you were feeling, but probably."

   We were in silence for some time. "I'm sorry."

   "For what?" He frowned, probably because of the pain.

   "For what happened. You only got beaten up because of me."

   "I'm alive, ain't I? Then it's fine."

   "Let's go back to Seoul." I said after a sigh.

   "What? Why?"

   "Shi Hoo has the keys to the house, we can't guarantee he won't go back there, after you."

   "So?"

   "So what? Do you really think you can fight him like this?"

   He moved his head from side to side, frustrated. "Even if I have to die afterwards, I'll beat that guy to death."

   "Don't say stupid things. You would die even before punching him once."

   "Thank you." He gazed at me bitterly.

   "I'm just worried about you, . Let's go back, Zelo." Even if my mouth wasn't saying it, my eyes were begging him to agree.

   He sighed. "Have you told my parents?"

   "Not yet. Do you want me to?"

   "No. Am I being discharged?"

   "I'm not sure."

   He pressed the button on the wall, calling the nurse. She arrived in a few seconds. "What can I do for you?"

   "When is he being discharged?" As I said before, my Portuguese is terrible, but I managed to get her to understand me.

   "We just need his parents to sign some papers."

   "But his parents are not here..." 

   "Then someone over 18 can do it as his guardian." She smiled and left after I thanked her.

   Zelo slowly got up from the bed and I felt slightly bad for not being able to help him. "Did you actually understand what she said?"

   "Nope, but I'm leaving regardless of it."

   "Idiot." I rolled my eyes. "We need someone over 18 to sign some forms. Want me to call your parents?"

   "No, call Dae Hyun hyung. No one has to know my parents are just two blocks away."

   I called Dae Hyun about 15 times, but he didn't pick up, so I decided to call Il Hoon instead.

   "Yeah?"

   "Why isn't Dae Hyun picking up his phone?"

   "He went out to do something. He said he would be back soon."

   "Hm. Can you be Zelo's guardian for today?"

   "I don't know. Can I?"

   "Yep, you just need to sign some papers."

   Il Hoon signed the forms and we were free to go, but Dae Hyun wasn't back yet. What could possibly have come up at this time in the morning? And was it so important for him to just leave us in the hospital? "Where did Dae Hyun go, oppa?" I asked Il Hoon as we were sitting in the waiting room.

   "Erm, I don't know." He hesitated a little.

   "Yeah, right. Just... Please, just tell me it has nothing to do with Shi Hoo." I looked at him, but he stayed in silence, looking everywhere but my eyes. "Great. Then that means there will be one more broken person in that house."

   "Maybe not..."

   "Aish, let's go back home." I stood up to leave, but Zelo grabbed my wrist.

   "NO! My parents are there."

   "So what?"

   "If they see me like this, they will ask me what happened, and, to explain, I will have to tell them everything from the day that guy slept with you." I face palmed myself.

   "Wait. What!?" Il Hoon looked at me and Zelo alternately.

   I shot Zelo a killer gaze and then turned back to Il Hoon. "Nothing much." I said, after letting out a nervous laugh.

   "No, now you are going to tell me everything from the beginning. Both of you. Come on, spit it out." I sighed and Zelo made a regretful face.

   "Fine." I gazed at Zelo one last time. "That Shi Hoo guy called me "babe" a lot of times, which pissed me off, but that was bearable. However, when I woke up in the following morning, I found him next to me. He said he felt like sleeping with me, argh." I closed my eyes, calming down. "Zelo punched Shi Hoo after I told him what had happened and that's why he is like this, Shi Hoo got his revenge."

   Il Hoon had that unreadable expression on his face. "That's it?"

   "Well, he is also the reason why I am like this. I had a lot on my mind because of that guy. He was the cause for my distraction and hence my accident." I lowered my eyes, remembering everything.

   Silence filled the room for some time. "At least you both are fine, I mean, alive." Il Hoon smiled at us after a sigh.

   Not long after that, some nurses passed by us running and, right after that, I got a message on my cellphone. From Dae Hyun.

   Can you come back to the house? Please.

    The three of us left the hospital and headed to Hye Ji's house. We went in and there was no one in sight, they were probably still asleep. I went to Dae Hyun's room and he was there, lying on the bed, which was covered by some towels. There was some blood on his face and clothes and his expression told me he was in pain. Well, at least he was alive. I approached the bed slowly and sat on the edge of the bed.

   "Are you alive?" I joked.

   He groaned. "No." He kept his eyes closed. 

   "Then you don't need me anymore." I stood up, but he held my hand.

   "How can you be so cold?"

   "I'm just kidding, oppa. But you seem to be fine enough, you even had the energy to cover the bed with towels. Don't be so dramatic." I sat back on the bed.

   "I couldn't get the bed stained with blood, right?" He finally opened his eyes. "Stop being yourself and start being a girlfriend, take care of me." The mention of the word 'girlfriend' made me smile. That means we are not really over. Thankfully.

   "Hm. Hold on, I will get the first-aid kit." I stood up again and headed to the door. "Wait a second. You are really over the suiciding thing, right? Because if you went after Shi Hoo to get him to kill you, I will kill you myself."

   "I don't want to die anymore, so can you please just go?" I furrowed my brows at him and left.

   When I reached the living room, Il Hoon and Zelo came to me.

   "How is he?" Il Hoon asked.

   "He's fine. Even ordering me around." I rolled my eyes.

   "But did he get hurt?"

   "Yeah. But nothing serious." I got the first-aid kit and went back to the room.

   I, once again, sat on the bed and started cleaning his wounds. We stayed in silence as I cleaned and put bandages on his face. After finishing, I unconsciously touched his face and kept looking at it.

   "What? Am I still that handsome even all injured?" He smirked and I cleared my throat, noticing I was staring for too long.

   I looked around, feeling my cheeks burning. "Hurry, take your shirt off."

  "Are you that eager to see my body?" He smirked again and I was reactionless for a moment.

   "You know what? I don't care if your chest and back got hurt. Stay dressed and bleed to death." I left the room, ignoring his complaints and apologies.

   Not long after that, I got a new text from Dae Hyun.

   By the way, I didn't get defeated. I took that guy to the hospital before coming back home. I accidentally got him unconscious.ㅋㅋ So I guess I am strong enough to survive, even if my girlfriend doesn't want to take care of me.

  I giggled. But then something came to my mind. That time at the hospital, when the nurses passed running by us.. Were they taking Shi Hoo to the ICU? Aish, whatever. He deserved it anyway.

  I sighed and smiled for unknown reasons before going back upstairs to take care of my overdramatic boyfriend's wounds.