Faint

Cinderella Life

   "KIM RIKA!" I woke up, startled, and reached for my phone.

   "Oh, come on, it's 5 a.m. and it's a freaking Sunday!" I said out loud, but not loud enough for her to hear. "Why is she up at this time, anyway?" I mumbled to myself.

   I walked down the stairs lazily and Hee Yeon was there, glaring at me. "Why are you so useless, huh? You didn't even throw this water away!" She pointed to the bucket of water I used to scrub the floor. On that day I was so tired that I went straight to bed and yesterday I was out all day with Il Hoon oppa, so I totally forgot about the cleaning and its traces. "I came to the kitchen to get a glass of water and almost tripped on it!" She sighed. "You know you are going to be punished, right? If you're going to do something, at least do it properly!" 

   I tried not to show it, but I was terrified. "And what is it going to be? The punishment."

   "I haven't decided it yet, but... wait, I actually did. Come here."

   I walked to where she was, uneasily. "So, what should I-" She drowned my head in the bucket.

   "OPPA!" I screamed once Hee Yeon pulled my head out of the water, but she immediately put it back in.

   She did it a lot of times, I was just like those people who are tortured in movies, but the difference is that I am not a criminal, nor do I have any confidential information. She is getting a lot worse these days. Hee Yeon never really liked me, but she wouldn't try to kill me like this back then. It looks like the kinder Il Hoon is to me in front of her, the more that woman hates me.

   When I was about to pass out, she let go of my hair and I was pulled back. Il Hoon had pushed Hee Yeon away and made me sit on the floor. I coughed, trying to take the water out of my lungs and to recover my breath.

   "Are you okay?" His voice sounded like it was far away.

   I didn't get the chance to answer, as my head started hurting like hell. I pressed it with my hands, in an attempt to make the pain go away, but it was only getting worse. As the pain became unbearable, I fainted.

   I woke up and looked around. Hospital. My head was throbbing and I was a little dizzy. Not long after that, Il Hoon came in.

   "How are you feeling?" He wasn't smiling.

   "Could be better. Look, I've been holding it in for a really long time, but I'm definitely going to kill that ."

   "I won't stop you."

   "What?" I looked at him, confused. "I expected you to tell me off for calling your mom a and saying I would kill her."

   "Well, after what she did to you, I have no right to interfere. She deserves whatever happens to her. But don't worry, I called the police and she is already on trial."

   "I'm sorry for putting you against you mother like this."

   "I know you tried not to, but she asked for it." I smiled slightly, glad he wasn't mad at me.

   "But what about me? Lack of oxygen in my brain?"

   "That's what the doctor said first, but then I told him about your accident and you went through a few more exams. The results aren't out yet."

   "Oh, right. The accident." I lowered my eyes.

   "It's not like you are going to die, so cheer up!" As he said it, someone knocked on the door. "Come in."

   "Good afternoon, miss. How are you feeling?" The doctor came inside.

   "I'm fine, I guess." I smiled a bit.

   "That's good. So, I have your exams results, do you want to know what they are?" 

   "Sure, why not? I will know it sooner or later anyway." I shrugged.

   "Very well. Apparently, your accident is related to your faint. We examined your brain and it looks like you can't take extreme situations. We couldn't figure the reason out, but if you go through extreme circumstances, in which you are pushed to your limits, phisically or emotionally, this whole scenario will repeat itself. I'm sorry, but your case is a mistery we couldn't solve. We have no ideia what is causing it, nor what happens inside your head before you pass out." He looked at me and I just lowered my head.

   "Well, thank you, doctor." Il Hoon bowed to the man in white.

   The doctor smiled back. "No problem. I will get going then. Take care, miss." I nodded weakly and he left.

   "Awesome. Now I'll start fainting everywhere."

   "You won't go through extreme situations all the time, don't be so dramatic."

  "Living with your mom will put me in extreme situations all the time, so being this dramatic is totally reasonable."

  "We don't even know if she will go back home, she may go to jail. And if she does go home, you can always go to Dae Hyun hyung's house, right?"

  "Yeah, I guess. I just didn't want to be a nuisance anymore. But I guess that will be the only way."  I sighed.

   Aish, what the hell is wrong with my life?