Wandering I

Cinderella Life

   "Hello ?"

   "Ma baby, are you busy ?"

   "Not really, why ?"

   "Let's go out."

   "Hm, ok. When ?"

   "Now."

   "What ?"

   "I'm leaving Dae Hyun's house soon and I really don't want to go back home. Can you come pick me up ?"

   "Yeah, but let me shower first, I'll be there in 30 minutes."

   "Ok. See ya."

  I ended up sleeping over at Dae Hyun's place for one more night. During our shopping spree I bought pajamas, so that no other incident like last morning's would happen again. No, I didn't plan to sleep here one more time, I just really needed new pajamas, so.. To be honest, I'm really afraid of what Hee Yeon will make me do when I get back home. But now I have to leave, I've been a nuisance for too long already. Thank you, soon-to-be husband.

  Zelo took 28 minutes to arrive. Almost perfect timing.

  "What is all that !?" He was surprised, or most likely shocked, with the number of bags I had around me.

  "Dae Hyun and I went shopping yesterday." I smiled.

  "But why all this ? Don't you have anything else to spend your money on ?"

  "Come on, I haven't gone shopping for seven months ! For someone who used to go shopping at least twice a month, it's like an eternity ! And Dae Hyun bought more stuff than I did, anyways." I pouted and he couldn't hide how shocked he was.

  "You know, you two really are soul mates."

  "No way. I'd rather marry you."

  "What ?" He was totally bewildered.

  "We get along well, you're the one who understands me the most, I feel the most confortable when I'm around you. Yeah, I think I wouldn't refuse marrying you."

  "Rika yah, I don't see you like that, you know ?" He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

  "Are you rejecting me ?" I pretended to be offended. But not an arrogant offended, more like a sad offended.

   "No, that's not what I meant !" He was taken aback. "I just don't think we are meant to be together like lovers or..." I cut him.

   "Don't get too desperate, I'm just playing with you, my naive baby." I giggled and pushed his shoulder lightly. He was petrified. Too many emotions for him, I guess. "Zelo ?" I waved my hand in front of his face. "I don't want to marry you either, silly." No response. I gave up on being delicate and slapped him on both cheeks at the same time. Not that lightly.

   "Yah ! What was that for ?" He shook his head and seemed a little mad for having been slapped out of nowhere.

   "What were you thinking about ? If our kids would have my height or yours ?" I smirked and he froze again. "Oh, come on, not again, Zelo." I shook his arms forcefully and got him out of his daze. "I won't say anything else, so stop it." I said while handing him the bags.

  "Are we really taking it all ? I mean, if we go around carrying all this until twilight, I'm pretty sure we're going to be robbed."

  "Yes, we're taking it, but we're not walking around carrying it all day long." He had now seven bags in his hands.

  "What ? Yah, stop !"

  "Stop what ?"

  "Handing me so many bags, you also have arms and hands, you know ?" He put his arms behind his back, so I couldn't give him any more bags.

  "But i'm a girl and you're a boy, you should be a gentleman !" I pouted and tried to pull his arms to the front. He was stronger than me though.

  "I'm already being a gentleman by giving up on doing my own stuff to go out with you."

  "You said you had nothing to do, liar."

  "But if it wasn't for you I could be taking my mom to a skateboard shop." He pouted.

  "I can go there with you, so stop whining."

   "Ok then." He suddenly brightened.

   "By the way, can I sleep over at your house tonight ?"

   "What ?"

   "I don't want to go home yet and I've stayed here for too long already."

   "I guess my parents won't see a problem with it." He scratched his tilted head.

   "Thank you, ma baby ! Let's go back to your house and leave my purchases there." I picked up the remaining five bags from the floor.

   "Why did you tell me to come here if you were planning to go to my house ?"

   "I wasn't. I didn't know if I would be allowed to stay at your place. And besides, you wouldn't let me walk all the way to your house alone with 12 bags in my hands, right ?" I frowned sadly.

   "Why are you so helpless ?"

   "I didn't ask to be born a tiny little fragile girl, ok ?"

   "Got it." He hit me lightly with the bags in his left hand, chuckling. "Let's go."

   We were on the way to his house and some of the bags in my hands were reaching the ground, as the handles of it were way too long, or because the bag was too big itself. Zelo sighed and tried to take them from my hands.

   "It's ok, I can carry these." I swerved my hand away from him stubbornly.

   "Oh yeah, and in a matter of time you'll manage to trip on one of the bags and twist your ankle, and I'll end up carrying all 12 bags and my childish friend too, which won't happen even if I want to, so give it to me." He took three of the bags from my hands and I pouted. I was really happy though.

   We got to his house, I left the bags in the guest room and we left. Before I knew it, I was being dragged to a skateboard shop. Awesome. 

   It's 10:27 a.m. right now. We have a whole day to waste. It's going to be fun, I guess. Better than being Hee Yeon's maid, that's for sure.

     Tomorrow we have to go to school and I don't have my books, but if I go back home to take them I'm sure I won't go to school tomorrow, so I don't want to take the risk. I hope the teachers understand.