Reunion

Cinderella Life

   On the next day I didn't go to school. I wasn't in the mood to. I actually spent the whole morning watching B.A.P's MVs and some of the shows they once appeared on. But at one point, something caught my eye in the "related videos" section. A music video teaser of a song called "WOW" by a group called "BToB". It wasn't the name of the song, nor the name of the group that got my attention, but the fact that Il Hoon was the one in that mini picture.

   I was reactionless for a moment. Was that really him? I decided to watch the teaser and found out that the actual MV was already out. And, damn, that was really Il Hoon. After some more videos and reading, I called him.

   "Why didn't you tell me anything!?"

   "About?"

   "About you being in a boy group, what else?"

   "I don't know, it's been a reeeeally long time we don't talk to each other, it could be anything."

   "But it's not, so tell me, how did this happen?"

   "You know, a 'how are you' before the interrogation would be awesome."

   "Sorry. How are you, oppa?"

   "Busy. What about you?"

   "Confused. You have no idea what happened yesterday."

   "The messages during broadcast?"

   "How do you know?"

   "Dae Hyun called me right after the show ended. He said he was hoping you would see that, but hoping you wouldn't at the same time."

   "Why?"

   "Well, I don't know. I guess he wants you to know he still loves you, but he still remembers how much he hurt you, so maybe there's a part of him that doesn't want you to go back to him."

   "That's stupid."

   "Maybe."

   "But anyway, what about you? I never thought you would want to be famous."

   "Zelo was the one who convinced me. You know, sometimes, when Zelo was at home waiting for you to get ready or something, we would playfully do some rap battles. Not long after you left, we met in a cafe and he told me that I used to be pretty good at rapping, so I should try to become a trainee. I hesitated at first, but my mom was getting on my nerves, annoying me because there was no more you in the house, so I thought that moving to a dorm was a good excuse to get rid of her, and so I did. I was going to try TS Entertainment, B.A.P's agency, but Zelo told me that they would probably take too long to debut another boy group, so I gave up on the idea and decided to go to Cube, which would hold auditions near home."

   "Hm."

   "Hm? That's it?"

   "Yeah. What else do you want me to say?"

   "Congratulations for your debut?"

   "Why didn't you tell me? You debuted almost a year ago. Yes, I searched about your group."

   "Well, you never called me back, so I thought I shouldn't call you either."

   "Idiot. I had a hard time in here at first. Everything was going wrong, so I didn't have the energy to call you. I don't know why I didn't call you later, but you could have called anytime. Anyway. Congratulations on your debut, oppa!"

   He laughed slightly. "Thanks, sis. But how are things now? Are you okay?"

   "Yeah. Things now are working out pretty well for me. I mean, except for the fact that I couldn't even sleep properly last night because of what Dae Hyun said. I want to call Zelo, but then I would have to talk to Dae Hyun as well and I don't know what to say."

   "Then think about it. I'm sure they miss you. They are in Japan now, so don't waste this chance, go and meet them." Just then someone knocked on the door.

  "Hang on, oppa. There's someone on the door. But yeah, I will think about it." I opened the door. "Ryosuke!?"

  "Ryosuke? Who is he?"

  "Erm, oppa, I will call you later, okay? Bye."

  "Wait, wh-" I hung up.

   "Are you busy?" Ryosuke asked.

   "Not really. May I ask you why you came here? You never come to my house. But, erm, come in."

   "Thanks." I closed the door after him and we sat on the sofa.

   "So, what brings you here?"

   "I watched the show yesterday. Are you giving Dae Hyun another chance?" I hesitated for a second.

   "Of course not. I'm with you now, aren't I?" I tried to sound as sincere as possible.

   He sighed. "Listen. I don't want you to face our relationship as an obligation. You are free to go whenever you want. No resentment."

   "But I-"

   "Look." He sighed again. "That Dae Hyun guy seemed to really love you. And I know you still love him as well. I am only someone you found that reminded you of him and it was fun while it lasted. You know, I really like you and that's why I'm telling you to go back to him." I didn't know what to say, so I just looked down. "Hey, want to go to the mall?"

   "What? I thought you had just dumped me."

   "I didn't dump you. It's just a friendly advice. I don't care being in the friendzone, as long as we can still keep in touch."

   I laughed a little. "Thanks."

   "Instead of thanking me, let's go." He grabbed my hand and we walked to the mall. Thankfully, I was planning to eat out, so I had already changed my clothes.

   When we got there, there was a ridiculously huge crowd of annoying girls, but Ryosuke led me all the way in. Then I looked to the center of the mall and there was a gigantic B.A.P banner. It was a fansign event. The six of them were sitted and just then Zelo lifted his head and probably spotted me.

   "Did you know about this?" I glared at Ryosuke.

   "Isn't it obvious? We are friends now, so I will help you. Get ready, because Dae Hyun is coming this way."

   When I realized what was going on, it was too late. The screaming of the fangirls was getting louder and louder behind me and when I turned around he was there. It felt like there was no one else but him in there. Nothing else but him. I couldn't hear the screaming anymore. I just looked at him and unconsciously a lonely tear escaped my eye.