Aftermath

Cinderella Life

   Two weeks went by and I only talked to Dae Hyun once, through the phone. He was always practicing his singing and dancing, and when he got back to the dorm he was too tired to talk or to meet me somewhere. This is not being as nice as I expected. Not for me.

   Zelo is arriving soon and he is going to meet B.A.P. I bet he is going to make it, so I guess I will have no boyfriend and no best friend for the time being.

   I went back home and, after a few seconds inside, mommy greeted me with a bucket filled with water and a floor cloth. "Scrub the floor. The house hasn't been cleaned for ages."

   I sighed and did as she said, leaving all my stuff at the front door. "Yes, ma'am." I crouched on the floor and took the cloth, ready to start working.

   "No, ma'am. Come on, sis, stand up." Il Hoon showed up at the bottom of the stairs. I stood up hesitantly, looking at Hee Yeon, who was glaring at Il Hoon.

   "What do you think you are doing, Jung Il Hoon? Go back to your room and let her finish the chores." It doesn't matter the time, the place, nor the situation. I will always be afraid of her.

   "You do it." He walked to the front door and took one suitcase.

   "Excuse me?" She raised her brows.

   "You heard me. Or just pay for a maid, I don't really care." He passed by me with my suitcase and I stayed frozen in the spot.

   After a few moments, I started walking towards the front door, but Hee Yeon stopped me. "You stay right there, little wench. It's not because my son has developed some sympathy for you that you are getting rid of your duty." She dipped the cloth into the water and threw it to me, soaking the front of my shirt. Then she walked to the stairs, mumbling to herself. "Aigoo, that detergent will totally ruin my nails."

   Il Hoon came back downstairs. "What are you still doing there? And why are you wet?"

   "I'm sorry for saying this to you, but I hate your mother." I threw the cloth forcefully on the floor.

   "I don't blame you for that." He laughed and ruffled my hair. "Take this. I'm doing all the hard work here." He threw me my backpack and took my other suitcase upstairs.

   

   "KIM RIKA!" I was tidying up my room, which looked like it was devastated by a hurricane, probably that wicked witch's demonstration of love towards me, when Hee Yeon screamed my name from downstairs.

   I sighed. "Coming!" I dashed downstairs and, as I reached the kitchen, Hee Yeon flung a glass in my direction, I got it, but it ended up breaking in my hands and cutting them. Again. "Ouch!" 

   "Oh, I'm sorry, sweetheart, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you, I was just trying to help you with the dishes, but I guess I'm not helping much, so I will let you do it by yourself. Don't take too long, you've still got clothes to wash, rooms to clean and floors to scrub. Oh, and my car also needs to be washed." Then she left.

   I obeyed. I did everything she asked me to. Her clothes may be a little stained and her car a little scratched, but it's her fault for assigning me those tasks in the first place. I don't want to be a burden to dad, so I have to bear with Hee Yeon. At least for now... Well, may the odds be ever in my favour~

   After finishing everything, I went to Il Hoon's room. I don't really care about what Hee Yeon will say about my visits to him anymore. "Come in." He said, after I knocked on the door.

   "Can you help me here?" I smiled meekly, holding the first-aid kit.

   He walked to me. "What happened?" He took the kit from my hand and examined the cuts.

   "What do you think?"

   He sighed. "You are a tough girl. If I was in your place, I would have run away a long time ago." He opened the box and started cleaning my hands.

   "That's exactly what she wants. To get rid of me. I'm not letting her get what she wants that easily." I smirked and Il Hoon chuckled.

   "If I had to bet, I would definitely bet on you." I smiled, while he bandaged my hands.

   "Damn, I should have showered before it." I looked at my two bandaged hands.

   "You don't want my help for it, right?" He stared at me, slightly wide-eyed.

   I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Idiot. Just take these off, you will have to do it again later." I extended my hands.

   "No way, I'm not doing it again." He kept a straight face and I couldn't believe what I had just heard, so I stayed frozen in place for a few seconds. "I'm just messing with you." He took my hands and removed the bandages. "Just don't hurt yourself anymore."

   

   When I was about to fall asleep, I got a new message from Zelo.

   I'm officially part of B.A.P now!

   It was really difficult to text with completely bandaged hands, but I made an effort.

   That's awesome! Just don't forget me like that boyfriend of mine did, okay?

   He didn't. He has about ten pictures of the two of you on the wall next to his bed annd you are his phone's wallpaper.

   He barely talks to me since he moved to the dorm, Zelo. Pics mean nothing in this case. It looks more like a platonic love than a real relationship.

   I'm sure he doesn't mean to make you feel bad. It's just that our day is pretty packed up and we haven't even debuted yet! Today was my first day and I'm all sore from dance practice.

   But you found some time to talk to me, didn't you? And stop complaining, you are a good dancer.

   Then think about it. I've already won a few dance competitions and I'm still having a hard time, imagine how tiresome it is for Dae Hyun hyung, who has never danced before.

   Maybe... But sending me a good morning message once in a while is not that impossible.

   Give him some time, he still hasn't got used to this new life. But there's something you need to know, During our first year, maybe a little more, maybe a little less, we are not allowed to date, so, from the day we debut, you and hyung won't be able to date publicly anymore.

   Not that I believe that we are dating right now.

  Take it easy on him. Try to look at it from his point of view.

  Yeah, maybe.

   No dating? Whatever.

 

   "Good morning, sunshine." Il Hoon went to the kitchen to have breakfast.

   I giggled. "Good morning, oppa."

   "So, what are you up to today?"

   "Being a maid, yeah." I placed a plate of omelet and toast in front of him.

   "Let's go out. I missed having you at home."

   "I can't. Going out means less time to do the chores."

   "Just ignore my mom, you don't have to do what she tells you to."

   I sighed. "She might set my hair on fire if I don't."

   He chuckled. "I won't let her do it, so come on, cheer up a bit!"

   "Fine. But I will use you as my shield forever."

   "Deal."

   Il Hoon and I went out before Hee Yeon woke up. We walked to a park and just sat on the grass. Couples passed by us, holding hands, and all I could think about was Dae Hyun. Damn it. 

   "Why do you look so uneasy, sis?" Il Hoon was staring at the sky.

   "I don't know. I really don't know." I lied on the grass.

   "What? This is about hyung, isn't it?" He turned to me.

   "I haven't talked to him for the past two weeks. He called me on his first day in the dorm and then he never picked up my calls anymore. I don't know what to think." I sighed.

   He lied next to me. "Just give him some time."

   "That's what Zelo told me. But if it's hard for him to find time for me now, it will be impossible after the debut. Maybe I should just put an end to all of this and stop torturing myself with this uncertainty."

   "Don't be so extreme. You know, I have never seen a couple fight so much like the two of you do, but you are still together, aren't you? You will overcome this. You two can overcome anything. You just need time. Trust your older brother. The 'older' means something, after all." 

   I smiled, still staring at the sky. Maybe he is right. But just maybe.