Chance

Cinderella Life

   3 weeks later, we were heading back to Seoul. And, by "we", I mean Dae Hyun, Il Hoon and myself. Zelo and his parents decided to stay for one or two more weeks. We could stay there a little longer if we wanted to, but after traveling to a different state every three days, we were starting to miss home. Zelo was complaining a lot about not being able to communicate properly with people, but I guess Hye Ji alone is more than enough to make him bear it.

   In the beggining, it was really hard for me to follow them around on a wheelchair, even though I constantly had someone pushing me, but I believe it was an incentive for me to get healed faster. The doctor had said I would be on a wheelchair for about two weeks, but I was up on my feet in just six days. My legs and ribs hurt quite a lot in the first few days, but who cares? It was the perfect excuse to have Dae Hyun piggybacking me around. And, yes, he was fine already. His injuries were only superficial, a few cuts that completely healed in three or four days.

   Zelo wasn't really well, but he tried to conceal it when we were with Hye Ji. He didn't want to look weak in front of her. But as soon as we were alone, he would start complaining that "it" hurt. He would always say "it", but I never figured out what it was. Probably everything. Or nothing. I don't know, he is always overreacting anyway.

 

   At the airport, I stopped and gazed at Dae Hyun. "If you leave me this time, I'll go back with Il Hoon oppa and leave you here alone so that you get lost and lose the flight."

   "Don't worry, I won't. Your brother is here to stop me this time." We both looked at Il Hoon.

   "Don't look at me. I'm not going against the guy who beat someone to unconsciousness."

   Dae Hyun chuckled and I glared at Il Hoon. "Pfff, coward."

   "Come on, sis. You know I don't have a chance against him."

   "But still, you are my brother." I knew he was right, but I pouted, having fun with the whole situation.

   He was dumbfounded for a moment. "I-I..." He sighed, lowering his head.

   "I'm kidding, oppa." I looked at him from beneath. "I wouldn't let you fight Dae Hyun. And if, for whatever reason, he hurt you, I would kill him myself." 

   "Yah!" Dae Hyun complained.

   "You know, it doesn't feel so good to be protected by a teeny tiny girl." He tilted his head.

   I was about to tell him off, when an annoucement echoed through the airport. Our gate changed from 7 to 38.

   I sighed. "We'd better get going." We walked to the gate and waited for the boarding to begin.

 

   We sat in a four-seat row and this random man sat next to Il Hoon. As soon as he sat, Dae Hyun stood up and bowed, greeting him politely. I was wondering who that man was, but stayed quiet.

   "Hello, Dae Hyun-ssi. Can we talk for a while?" The man smiled and Dae Hyun nodded before changing seats with Il Hoon.

   In a normal situation, I would ignore whatever Dae Hyun was doing and just talk to Il Hoon, but this time, we were both too curious. We pretended to be reading the Duty Free magazines, but we were actually trying to listen to their conversation. It was totally impossible because of the plane's engine, though. I could only hear a few words. "Singing". "You". "Again". And one sentence. "We actually need you." After it, I kind of figured out that man was related to that group Dae Hyun should have joined. P.A.B? B.I.P? Aish, whatever.

   I decided to just ask Dae Hyun what that guy wanted with him later. Sleeping is a lot more important to me right now.

 

   I'm not sure for how long I had slept when Dae Hyun woke me up. "Rika?"

   "What?" I'm not the friendliest person on earth when someone wakes me up. I'm kind of like Grumpy from The Snow White.

   "That man asked me again to debut with B.A.P." I looked to his seat and the man was asleep.

   "Shouldn't they have already debuted by now?" My voice wasn't coming out that well, but it was understandable.

   "Yeah, but the man said they only have one vocal, who has talent, but isn't ready for high notes, and a screaming vocal is a must for any group, thus they can't debut."

   "A screaming vocal. That is so you." I laughed slightly. "Why don't you give it a shot?"

   "Dad wouldn't allow me to. And besides, he told me to go to the company tomorrow at noon, we will have just arrived, I'll be too exhausted to be able to do anything."  

   "If you really want to be a singer, this shouldn't be a problem. You know, a lot of idols stay up for two or three days straight, are you really going to give up just because you were in a plane for 22 hours?"

   "Sometimes I think you are too harsh on me." He made a totally cute face.

   "Harsh? I said nothing harsh, though." I tilted my head. He made his super duper cute face once again. "Fine, fine. I won't be harsh with you anymore, so stop it."

   His face brightened. "Wait, did it actually work?" He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

   "Anyway. You're going, right?" His smile faded.

   "I don't know. Aish!" He messed his hair.

   "Then I will know for you. You're going and that's it. Good night." I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

   I felt him chuckle and he kissed my head. "Good night, sweetie."

 

  As soon as we arrived in the airport, we dashed off to Dae Hyun's house for him to eat something before going to the... audition? Well, to the company. Il Hoon went to our house because, apparently, Hee Yeon had this terrible flu since last week. Serves you right, witch.

   "Crap, dad is home." Dae Hyun noticed dad's car in front of the house.

   "Wait here." I went inside by myself trying to be as quiet as possible.

   Fortunately, dad wasn't in the living room. He was probably in his room or in his office upstairs. I went to the kitchen and got some leftovers that were in the fridge and put them in the microwave. I almost threw it on the ground when it started beeping, signalling the food was ready. I put the food in a tupperware and went outside.

   "Here. Now leave." I handed him the food and he stared at me confused.

   "What?" He tilted his head.

   "If you go inside, your dad will see you and you will have to tell him where you are going. But I know you, you can't lie, so you will start stuttering, blinking crazily, your hands will start sweating and your dad will immediately realize you are lying, so you will have to tell him the truth and then he won't allow you to go, so just eat on the way and good luck." I turned him and pushed him away.

   He walked slowly, looking back with his confused expression a few times before getting too distant.

   I sighed. "Do well, oppa."