Call

Cinderella Life

   We did nothing interesting on Christmas. It was just like an ordinary day. What matters is that, on the 26th, we went to the airport to go back to Korea, and guess what ? Those two girls who got our tickets were there.

   "Dae Hyun aaaaaah~" His noona screamed with her high pitched voice as soon as she spotted us.

   "Can we go back to Korea tomorrow ?" I held him in place just long enough to make the question.

   "Then you would miss the plane to Brazil." He put his arm around my shoulders and forced me to keep walking.

   The two girls ran towards us and the noona immediately clung to Dae Hyun's free arm. "I have been waiting for you for the past three days, Dae Hyunnie." Dae Hyun let go of me to try to push that girl away, but the other noona used this chance to push me to the side and cling to Dae Hyun's other arm.

   I stood on the side in disbelief. "See you later, Dae Hyun." I rolled my eyes and walked to a snack bar. We were supposed to have dinner at the airport, but it doesn't look like we'll be able to eat that soon, so I'll just grab a snack before I die of hunger.

   After I bought myself a sandwich and a glass of orange juice, I called Zelo to complain about my life. Yes, I am a drama queen.

   "Yeah ?"

   "Dae Hyun is surrounded by girls again."

   "Then take him away."

   "I can't, those girls are scary."

   "What do you mean ?"

   "Their heels are about my height, they can kill me with those!"

   "Then what are you going to do ?"

   "I'm eating."

   "Like, seriously ?"

   "Yeah."

   "Random girls are flirting with your boyfriend and you have time to eat ?"

   "They are not really random. Remember the girls who caused everything that happened to me in the airport that day ? Well, they are back."

   "W-w-what ? They followed you all the way to Japan ?"

   "Actually we gave them the tickets..."

   "Why would you..."

   "It doesn't matter! I called you to waste some time while Dae Hyun deals with the girls."

   "Why don't you help ?"

   "What do you want me to do ?"

   "I don't know, but what if he doesn't get rid of them ?"

   "Then there's nothing I can do. I don't blame him, you know ? My height is totally below average, I don't wear revealing clothes, my body is not appealing, my face has nothing special.. and he's a guy."

   "You really have no confidence, huh ?"

   "Well, being the way I am, there's not much to be confident about."

   "If you weren't a girl and if you weren't in another country, I would punch you right now."

   "Huh ?"

   "Do you really think your body is the only thing you should be confident about ?"

   "Well, kind of. I mean, until people get to know you, they can only judge you by what they see."

   "Then let them think what they want, but stop saying such things as 'I have nothing to be confident about'"

   "Ok, then tell me what I should be confident about. Because the only thing I have in mind is getting good grades, which makes me nothing but the nerdy girl no one likes."

   "Look, I'm not good with comforting words and you know that, so don't push me too much. But, seriously, the nerdy girl no one likes ? As far as I know, your boyfriend is a damn appealing guy. Think about it, he has girls running after him all the time, but he still chooses to be with you. Do you really think there's nothing special about you ?"

   "I don't know... We've been friends for a long time and maybe we are just mistaking it with love. Maybe he is mistaking it. Maybe I'm the one who is forcing him to be in this relationship. After all, he might pity me. Why would he like the ugly duckling ? He..."

   "SHUT UP! Just shut up, ok ? You are really stressing me out. Aish."

   "Erm, sorry..."

   "You know, sometimes it's really hard to be your friend." ... "Why aren't you saying anything ?"

   "You don't have to." Then I hung up.

   Maybe I had already used up all my tears, because I didn't feel like crying. I was simply mad. Zelo and I had thousands of arguments already, we only need some time and everything will be back to normal.