Visit

Cinderella Life

   1:01 p.m.: Waking up in Hokkaido because of hunger.

   I sat up on the bed and looked at the sleeping prince next to me. He looks so peaceful. I am hungry, though. Should I wake him up ? He might be having sweet dreams. But my stomach is growling. He must be really tired. Ah, whatever. If I get any hungrier I might just bite his ear off.

   "Oppaaaa~" I cutely called for him, while poking his cheek. He growled, but didn't wake up. "Dae Hyunnie~" I gently removed his hair from his face, but he just turned to the other side. "Yah, Jung Dae Hyun !" He growled again. "I'm hungry, oppa !" I whined, shaking him, and in a flash he turned back to me and pulled me down, hugging me.

   "I'm awake, babe." Oh, how I love that messy hair and that husky voice.

   "Then get up, let's eat." I tried to get up, but he held me down.

   "Nah, let's stay here." He tightened his hold on my waist, still not opening his eyes.

   "Aish." I snorted. I removed his hands myself after some struggling and went to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and do everything you usually do in the morning.

   When I left the bathroom, Dae Hyun still had his eyes closed, so I decided to change my approach. I walked to the bed and sat on top of him, with my legs on each side of his waist. He immediately opened his eyes. I leaned forward and pecked his cheek.

   "Are you sure you don't want to wake up, babe ?" I whispered in his ear and gently bit it.

   In a blink of an eye he pushed me off of him and got on top of me. He was about to kiss me, but I placed my hands on his chest, pushing him away.

   "Hands off, teenage boy." I smirked and pushed him to the side. He had his trademark puzzled expression on his face and I stood up. "Now that you're up, go get dressed. I'll be waiting for you in the lobby." I said while putting on my shoes and left the room.

   After lunch, we decided to visit my mom. We bought some flowers and candles and took a taxi to reach the cemetery. As we walked, all those thoughts about my mom filled my mind. Is it a good time to ask Dae Hyun what happened to her ? Or would it just ruin our trip ? Mom, now that I'm here, please give me a sign. Should I ask what happened to you ? Am I wrong for being curious ?

   As if she had actually listened to me, a sudden gush of wind blew on me and shook the trees in the area causing some leaves to fall. But is it a yes or a no ? Is it really a sign from my mom or is it only Aeolus getting mad at my lasting curiosity ? When I realized I was walking randomly, I immediately stopped.

   "What's wrong ?" Asked Dae Hyun, who had bumped into me, because of my sudden halt.

   "Nothing." I smiled meekly and realized we were right in front of my mom's grave. "Look, we are here !"

   We got closer to the grave and I touched the cherry blossom tree dad and I planted next to it when I was four, before kneeling in front of my mom, lighting a candle. "Hey, mom." I smiled, put my palms together and bowed.

   "Long time no see, mother-in-law." Dae Hyun kneeled next to me and placed his candle next to mine. He bowed and I kept staring at him with a raised brow. "What ?"

   "Mother-in-law ?"

   "I don't think she would like to be called ahjumma."

   "Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

   "I'm sorry for not granting your wish, mother-in-law. You asked me to make sure Rika would always be happy and I made her cry." He said, looking at the grave.

   I pushed him, but he used his hand to support his body and didn't fall. "Don't try to act cool in front of my mom, you jerk." I frowned playfully.

   "I'm apologizing, not acting cool." He regained his balance.

   "In this case, it's just the same. She knows everything even if you don't say it, anyway. She is everywhere, oppa."

   "I know. But I still should officially apologize for making her baby girl cry."

   "Then are we coming back here everytime you make me cry ?"

   "No." I raised my brows. "Because I will never make you cry again." He pecked my lips and I quickly turned my face.

   "Mom is watching."

   "It's not like she hasn't seen it before. After all, she is everywhere." He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

   "What do you think, mom ? Is Dae Hyun the right choice for me ?" I closed my eyes, pretending I was listening to her answer. "She said no." I looked at him seriously, but he ignored me.

   "Do you think I'll be a nice husband for your baby girl, mother-in-law ?" He closed his eyes, copying me. "She said yes."

   "Yeah, sure." I rolled my eyes.

   "That's my answer for you too, sweetie." I rolled my eyes once again.

   We stayed there for about twenty more minutes. I was communicating with my mom. Just like telepathy. And she was actually answering me. In fact, I don't know if we still keep that mother-daughter bond, or if it was only my mind making up answers that sounded just like her. I may be going crazy, but I don't really care. Talking to her was comforting. There was only one thing she didn't answer. And you already know what it is.

   "Bye, mom. I'll come visit you again soon." I waved, standing up, as if she could actually see me and wave back.

   "I'll bring her here more often, mother-in-law. It's a promise." Dae Hyun bowed.

   "You know ?" I hugged him from the side and he put his arm around my neck. "She said you are perfect for me." I looked at him and he turned to the side to hug me properly.

   "It's impossible to be perfect, mother-in-law." I giggled. "But I promise I will try to get the closest to perfect I can."

   Another sudden gush of wind blew and we looked up. This time, instead of leaves, cherry blossom flowers were falling on us. Should I thank you, mom ? Or should I thank you, Aeolus ?

   "Excuse me, mother-in-law, but this scenery is too good to be wasted. I really need to kiss your daughter." As I giggled at his dorkiness, one more gush of wind blew on us, causing even more flowers to fall.

   I guess this time it was you, right, mom ? But please tell me what should I do. I really want to know what happened to you, mom. I really do. Why won't anybody tell me ? And I'm afraid to ask Dae Hyun.. I'm afraid it will get him uncomfortable again and our relationship will get awkward like last time. Why did you have to do whatever you did, moommy ? You are only giving your baby girl a terrible headache.