Missed Calls

Cinderella Life

   4:58 p.m.: Dae Hyun dropped me at home. He was so scared I would keep asking things about my mom that he didn't even care if I wanted to go somewhere else, he just took me home in silence and walked away. Of course I wanted to know more about the "they killed one another" thing, but I didn't ask. I promised him not to after all.

   Hee Yeon welcomed me with a bitter expression. She said Zelo had come over, looking for me. Bad move, bestie.

   I went straight to my room to take my dirty clothes. I was planning to call Zelo before washing the clothes, but Hee Yeon called me from downstairs. She told me she had taken her and Il Hoon's clothes to a laundry, because she doesn't like the way I wash and iron their clothes, Good for me, right ? Wrong. As it was "my fault" I will be the one paying for it and, as you can imagine, it's not cheap at all. Whatever, I have more money than time to waste anyway. The bad thing is that I will have to go pick them up after a couple hours.

   As her clothes were already being washed up, she didn't care about what I was doing during the washing time, so I took the chance to call Zelo.

   "Zelo, Zelo, Zelo, Zelo, Zelo,..." I kept on repeating his name until he picked up.

   "What ?" He kind of screamed.

   "Rude." I pouted, but, obviously, he didn't see.

   "Sorry." He chuckled. "Anyway. It's not your free time yet, why are you calling ?"

   "Did you come to my house ?"

   "Oh, yeah. You got me desperately worried, you idiot !" He had a scolding tone in his voice, but he didn't sound mad.

   "Worried for what ?"

   "I called you about 50 times today and you didn't pick up, so I decided to check on you personally."

   "Oh, really ?" I removed the cellphone from my ear just to see the 53 missed calls from Zelo. How hadn't I noticed it before ? "Well, that wasn't the best thing to do, Hee Yeon probably hates you now."

   "As if she didn't hate me before." He mumbled.

   "But why were you calling me ? You never call."

   "In fact, I wasn't the one who called for the first 5 times or so, it was my mom."

   "Why ?"

   "We're going on a trip to Brazil after Christmas and mom wanted to know if you want to come too."

   "Brazil ? Well, I guess I can go. Better than staying with Hee Yeon 24/7."

   "Cool. We're buying the plane tickets in a couple hours, just so you know. Want to come over ?"

   "What for ?"

   "I don't know. Maybe to help us choose the date and time of the flight."

   "Erm, I can be there from 7:20 to 8:30, is that ok ?"

   "Sure, I'll tell my mom to prepare the table for you too."

   "There's no need to, I can eat before I go."

   "You wouldn't refuse my mom's cooking, would you ?"

   "Don't tempt me, Zelo." I faked a mad tone.

   "As you wish, baby."

   "You know, when you call me baby it sounds like you're flirting with me."

   "What if I am ?" His voice told me he was smirking.

   "Then I'm afraid to tell you it's not working at all."

   "And why not ?"

   "Because it's kind of creepy."

   "Maybe that's why I have never had a girlfriend." I chuckled.

   "You'll get one when the right time comes, ma baby."

   "Why don't you sound like you're flirting ?"

   "Because I'm not."

   "But I wasn't either."

   "But I'm engaged."

   "So what ? Not every engaged or married person is faithful."

   "Well, I am, honey. And besides, how can I flirt with my best friend ?"

   "I don't know." He chuckled. "Friendship can always turn into something else."

   "Not in our case, Zelo." I said coldly.

   "Don't take it so seriously, I'm just messing with you." I couldn't see him, but from his voice he was probably pouting. "Anyway, you're having dinner with us, right ?"

   "Sure, I'll give you more time to flirt with me." I smirked to myself.

   "I'll be waiting for you, baby." We laughed and hung up.

   As soon as Il Hoon and Hee Yeon left for dinner I rushed over to Zelo's house.