Crush

Cinderella Life

   Don't get me wrong.  I didn't mean I didn't want to be your friend anymore, I just don't like the way you talk about yourself. You are beautiful, ok ? You may not be the tallest nor the hottest girl, but you have your own unique beauty, which I admire a lot more than most recognized beauties out there. Please don't talk like that about yourself anymore. What do you make me then ? I am nothing but the tall guy.

   That was fast. I hadn't even left the snack bar when Zelo sent me this message. You are a lot more than the tall guy, bestie. I just don't think I will ever tell you this face to face.

   I soon decided to go back to Dae Hyun, but I couldn't find him, so I just went to the restroom to take a look at the mirror and, well, just waste some time. To my misfortune, his noona's friend was there too.

   "Look who's here! So, how does it feel to be abandoned ?"

   "What ?" I frowned, not believing my ears.

   "Do you know where is your boyfriend now ?" She smirked, probably loving my confused look.

   "Erm, nope."

   "He is with Soo Jung unnie." Oh, so that girl is called Soo Jung.

   "Cool." I sweetly smiled and headed to the exit. She was dumbfounded for a moment, but soon ran to me.

   "You better stay still. I don't want you to interrupt whatever they are doing." This is ridiculous. I feel like I'm in those high school sitcoms.

   "Didn't you like him too ? Why are you helping your friend ? Why don't you fight for him ?"

   "I have a boyfriend, idiot." She rolled her eyes.

   "So Dae Hyun was actually right. You are really the kind of girl who throws herself at any guy, Even with a boyfriend you were still clinging to a stranger's arm. I feel really sorry for your boyfriend." She slapped me and I slightly smirked.

   You don't have to know exactly what happened next. Imagine a high school drama. Now think of the scene where the good girl and the bad girl fight in the bathroom. Lots of hair pulling, make up smudging and so on. That was basically it.

   I won. I mean, I didn't really do something to win, but she freaked out at the moment she looked at the mirror and saw how ridiculous she looked. I was fine. I mean, my hair was a mess, but that was all. I just straightened my hair with my hands a bit and I was good to go. She also had her hair messed up, but that wasn't her biggest problem. After my martial arts attacks to her make up, you could see the black from her eye liner on her cheeks and the blue from her eye shadow around her chin. That was my master piece.

   I walked out of the restroom only to see Dae Hyun kissing that girl. I guess I was kind of expecting that, as I didn't feel that miserable. I just headed to the gate written on my ticket. It was almost time to board the plane and I would leave with or without the one I call my boyfriend.

   Sitting near the gate, I received a new message.

   I heard you are coming to Brazil. I can't wait to meet you. -Park Shi Hoo

   I texted Hye Ji yesterday saying I was going to Brazil. She would find out sooner or later anyway.

   I don't know if I should be happy or worried about this guy. Should I keep waiting for Dae Hyun or should I try to move on ?

   I heard an announcement that the boarding would begin, but before standing in line, I answered the text.

   Yeah, I'm getting there in two days. -Kim Rika

   I still don't know if I intend to give him a chance or not, so I decided not to say I wanted to meet him too. Honestly, I really don't know if I want to or not.

   I sat on my seat and waited. A bunch of people passed by me, but no sign of Dae Hyun. When I noticed that no one else was coming in, I texted him.

   I won't get your suitcase in the airport. If you come back, go after it yourself.

   I turned off my phone and heard the plane would be taking off in a few moments. Bye, Dae Hyun.

 

   As the plane landed, I my phone and there was a new message from Dae Hyun.

   I'm not sure what you saw, but I can imagine. I just want you to know that I didn't have a choice.

   Yeah, right. As if I would believe it. Even if it was a surprise, he could have pushed her away in half a second. Did he do it ? No. I was there, looking at them for about... 2 seconds.

   Maybe I'm getting too obsessed, but I don't really care. I am a really patient person and hardly ever get overly jealous, but I've had enough.

   Il Hoon picked me up at the airport and dropped me at Zelo's house. I would go back home, but I wasn't in a good mood, and seeing Hee Yeon would only make it worse.

   I had barely stepped into the house, when Zelo pulled me to sit on the sofa and put his cellphone on my ear. "You've got a message."

   "I guessed you would go to Zelo's house. I hope you had a nice trip. *pause*  You saw the kiss, right ? *sigh* Come on, I already told you I would never fall for that kind of girl. *pause* She got me off guard, ok ? I was frozen for a moment, but I did push her away. I guess you had already turned around when I did... I'm sorry. I left you alone again... But I need to tell you something. I'm in jail. That girl kept on trying to kiss me and cling to me, and that really pissed me off. I ended up pushing her against the wall and holding her wrists. She suddenly started screaming for help and the security guards pulled me away from her, She fell to the ground, crying and calling me a ert. I'm in jail for ual harrassment. I probably have called dad by now. He will come to pay for my freedom. I won't be able to go back before you leave, though... *pause* They are going to confiscate my cellphone, so we won't be able to talk until I get back, as I will have to use my only call to talk to dad. *sigh* Well, have fun in Brazil and come back safely. I will be waiting for you, sweetie."

   Why does he always make me feel bad for being mad at him ? As I always end up feeling bad, I always forgive him, but is it the right thing to do ? Maybe I should give that Park Shi Hoo guy a chance... Yeah, I will. Hye Ji, I hope you chose me a nice guy.

 

   I washed my clothes at Zelo's house and went to Dae Hyun's house to get the clothes I didn't take to Japan. I was ready to go. Zelo, on the other hand, was still complaining about not having enough clothes.

   "Oh, come on, you can wash your clothes there, you don't have to wear different clothes everyday!" I was sitting on his bed, while he paced back and forth trying to remember if he had any piece of clothing hidden somewhere.

   "We are spending one month there! I only have clothes for about half of the time!" He opened and closed the drawers of his empty wardrobe really fast, looking for any forgotten T-shirt or jeans.

   "Wearing the same clothes twice is totally fine, Zelo." I rolled my eyes, but he probably didn't see.

   "Girls don't think that way! Your friend will see me as a beggar who doesn't even have clothes to wear!" He fell to his knees in a flash to look for clothes under the bed.

   "As far as I know, I'm a girl." I lightly kicked him, but then it hit me. "Wait, wait, wait. What ?" I pulled him up. "You are that worried because of a girl you don't even know ?" He looked away, probably embarrassed.

   "Well, kind of." I smiled slightly.

   "Just relax, bestie. Hye Ji won't mind if you wear the same clothes twice." I tapped his head, giggling.

   "Are you sure ?" He looked at me, frowning with uncertainty.

   "Yeah. Most girls wouldn't mind. It would be a problem if you wore the same clothes for several days in a row, because that would mean you don't wash them, which is gross, but that's not the case, so don't worry."

   "You never wear the same clothes, though." He sat next to me.

   "Of couse I do. You are the one who doesn't notice." He nodded slowly. "But why are you so worried about impressing Hye Ji ? You don't even know her yet."

   He thought for a while, suddenly embarrassed again. "I saw you talking to her on Skype one day... and she is beautiful." He looked down.

   "Only that ?" I . "You have a crush on a girl just because of her looks ?"

   "Well, she is your friend, so she should be a nice person, right ?" He looked at me with expecting eyes and I giggled.

   "Yes, teenage boy. She is a nice person, indeed."

   I went to my room and sent Hye Ji a message before going to sleep.

   You got me that Shi Hoo guy, right ? Well, I got you someone as well.

 

   When I woke up I had a new message from Hye Ji.

   Really ? Who ?

   The best guy I know.