Party II

Cinderella Life

   Some waiters and waitresses were walking around the place serving the salad and offering drinks for the guests. Zelo and I were alone in a table for 8, and people kept staring at us, wondering why no one would want to sit with us. We were totally unconfortable. I don't have to remember you that Hee Yeon never eats with me and doesn't like even the thought of Il Hoon and I together, right ? Right.

   Not long after Zelo and I got our salads and some weird tasting juice or whatever, Dae Hyun and his father approached our table. If you are wondering about his mother, well, she passed away on the same day as my mom. Anyways. They sat at our table and did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Dad was only smiling at me and Dae Hyun was giving Zelo desperate looks. 

   "Hi, Zelo ! Want to go over there, so we can talk and get to know each other better ? Our relationship is still a little awkward, right ? I want us to be like you and Dae Hyun!" Dad suddenly stood up and rested his hand on Zelo's shoulder. He was friendly smiling, but we could feel he would force Zelo to go anyway.

   "Actually, I'm kind of hungry. Can't we talk later ? I want to eat first, if you don't mind." Zelo answered awkwardly.

   "You can eat over there too, you can be the first to get the main course if we sit near to the kitchen." Dad was discreetly already pulling Zelo's arm.

   "I... I..." Zelo ran out of excuses.

   "That's ok, you can go." I smiled at him.

   He mouthed a 'sorry' and left, following Dae Hyun's dad.

   "Erm, I'm sorry, but can we keep up with the acting only for tonight ? Now that our marriage was announced people are expecting us to act like a couple. And, I don't know if you noticed, but since I sat here a lot of people keep looking at us from time to time." Dae Hyun let out a nervous laugh. He couldn't look at me in the eyes.

   "Don't worry. We used to be closer than a lot of couples out there. I think we can manage to be like that again for a couple hours." I raised an eyebrow and made him face me. He just smiled awkwardly and nodded. "Now here. Aaaah~" I fed him a cherry tomato and he got surprised. Cherry tomatos remind me of Zelo. I wonder what dad and him are talking about.

   "You are taking it better than I thought. Maybe you actually want to marry me." He smirked and I shoved some lettuce inside his mouth.

   "Just shut up." I glared at him playfully. "But do you remember ? Two years ago, when our dads left on a trip to go fishing for a week, but were robbed and didn't have the money to take the plane back, so they had to stay there for two and a half more months and earn money to buy the plane tickets ?"

   "Yes, why ?"

   "I spent all that time in your house."

   "So what ?"

   "Only the two of us. We basically lived a couple life for almost three months."

   "Yeah, but we were kids at the time, no big deal."

   "I was 14, you were 17. We could have had a baby, you know ?" I joked.

   He chocked on his own saliva and I could do nothing but laugh. I handed him my weird juice and he drank it all, still shocked with what I had said.

   "I was joking, silly. If we had a baby I would consider it ."

   We spent the rest of the night talking and I was really glad our relationship was back to normal. Being awkward with Dae Hyun was awkwardly awkward, yeah.

   "By the way, have your dad noticed that we used to be almost like a couple, just like he wanted, but he ruined it all, making us feel awkward around each other ?" I asked after swallowing the first bite of my cheesecake. Dae Hyun and I have pretty similar tastes, and dad always tries to please us, so yeah, cheesecake.

   "Actually not, but I told him some weeks ago." He said while chewing his dessert.

   "And ?"

   "And he said that the reason why we got awkward is shyness, which means we have feelings for each other, but we haven't realized it yet."

   Poker face.

   After finishing the dessert, the party was nearing an end. Well, at least for me. I was told that there would be some dancing, but if I didn't leave when my mom wanted me to, I wouldn't be allowed to go home. I mean, I could go, but I would be locked outside.

   Zelo and I were saying goodbye to some people and Dae Hyun's dad noticed.

   "Where are you going ? This party has just begun !"

   "We have to go home. If I don't go now I will be locked outside my own house." I said slightly annoyed. Dad also knew about my Cinderella life. In fact, Dae Hyun told him.

   "Oh, really ? You can stay at my place then ! You know, I just got Dae Hyun a brand new king size bed !" I was speechless.

   "Erm, my mom is already waiting outside, we really have to go, sorry." Zelo had a concerned tone in his voice, as if he was afraid of dad, but he lightly pulled me by my arm.

   "You can go then, I will take good care of her. I mean, Dae Hyun will." He winked to me and there I was, speechless again.

   "What do you want to do ?" Zelo whispered in my ear.

   "Just go. It's not going to be the first time I sleep with him anyway. And it will be nice to spend a night not worrying about Hee Yeon."

   "Okay then." He bowed to Dae Hyun's dad and flicked my forehead. "Bye, baby."

   "Bye, ma baby." My forehead was hurting. Not nice, bestie.

   Zelo left and I saw Il Hoon and his mom leaving. I ran to him and told him I wasn't going back home for tonight. He just kissed my forehead and told me to take care. Zelo hurts me, Il Hoon heals me. Nice match.

   I'm not really a dancing girl, so I went to look for Dae Hyun and he was outside. He didn't really like to dance either. We were really alike in most aspects. We were more into singing than dancing. I asked him how long would it take for it all to end.

   "A lot. I mean it. But we can leave first if you want. In fact, dad would be really happy if we left alone." 

   "Can we then ? I'm just really tired. I don't have a day off for seven months straight."

   "Yeah, let me just tell dad. After all, someone will have to give him a ride, as we're taking the car."

   "I don't think he'll care about that."

   We took the car and went to his house. Since my dad passed away, Hee Yeon doesn't let me visit Dae Hyun, so it's been seven months that I haven't come to his house. Feels like forever to me.

   As I told him I was tired, he let me shower first. When I was done, I went down to the living room and saw a pillow and a blanket on the couch.

   "Why did you bring this down ?"

   "I know you won't feel confortable sleeping with me, so you can take the bed and I'll sleep here. Go ahead and take some rest, you need it."

   "I don't really care."

   "We have grown up, Rika. I don't think it will be ok for the two of us to sleep together."

   "I don't see a problem, oppa. We have slept together several times already. And besides, we're getting married anyways." I joked. But honestly, I also felt like we shouldn't share a bed. I just didn't want to make him sleep on the couch. And I knew that telling him that I would sleep on the couch would be useless.

   "If you say so." He was a little confused, but didn't argue. He probably didn't want to sleep on the couch to start with.

   "Go take a shower, honey. I'll be sleeping, so be quiet !" I frowned playfully and then smiled. I suddenly felt like hugging him and so I did. "I missed being close to you, oppa." He giggled and hugged me back.

   "Me too, little sis. Now go to sleep." He pointed to the stairs.

   "First I want you to sing me a lullaby."

   "What ?"

   "Come on, I don't know when will be my next opportunity of having you next to me when I go to sleep, so pleeeeease !" I pouted and he ruffled my hair.

   "Ok, baby. Let's go."

   "Zelo is the one who calls me a baby now."

   "Well, judging from your height I believe everyone should call you baby." He teased me.

   "I don't care. I like being called a baby." I stuck my tongue out and dragged him to the bedroom, where he sang me to sleep.

   Actually I was too concentrated on his singing to be able to sleep. I had my eyes closed and was just listening to his voice. I already miss Il Hoon, but, to be honest, his voice can't be compared to Dae Hyun's, it's a whole different level. I love both their voices though. Now that I think of it, I never heard Zelo singing. I might ask him to sing to me next time we're alone. Yes, I will do it.

   Dae Hyun suddenly stopped singing. He probably thought I was asleep. I didn't bother to open my eyes though. I was totally relaxed and ready to go to dreamland at any time. He pecked my forehead and pulled the blanket up, covering my previously exposed upper body.

   "Have sweet dreams, baby." He silently closed the door and went to the bathroom to take his shower.