TV Show

Cinderella Life

   The first few days were like hell. To begin with, my luggage was lost. Trying to find a school to attend was impossible. My mom's house was being auctioned, because it was left untouched for too many years, and I had to prove I owned that house. To make things worse, no one would listen to me because I was still underaged.

   Retrieving my house took about a week, so I had to stay at a hotel. I didn't have my stuff with me, so I had to buy new clothes and everything. However, the airport called me a few days later, saying they had found my luggage, so it all turned out to be just a huge waste of money.

   Anyway. A couple weeks later, things finally started working out for me. I had my house back, though I don't really know if it looks like when I lived here as a child, I was enrolled in a new school, I had made new friends and I met this guy called Ryosuke, who has been really nice to me since my first day. Maybe it's destiny playing a prank on me, but he reminded me a lot of Dae Hyun. Not physically, I mean. But they were born in the same year, they both missed a school year studying English in the States, the both of them lost their mothers when they were children, and they shared the dream of becoming singers.

   Now, one year later, I feel like this has always been my home. As if I had spent my whole life in here. With these people and no one else. But I would be lying if I said that I'm totally over Dae Hyun. Apparently, B.A.P got really popular in Korea and now they are coming to Japan. I avoid watching  TV shows they are on, but sometimes I catch myself watching one of their MVs. Dae Hyun and Zelo... are you really enjoying this new life? Was it worth leaving everything behind? Leaving me behind? I guess I didn't really matter that much anyway.

   "Rika?" Oh yeah, and I'm currently dating the Japanese version of Dae Hyun.

   "What?"

   "Your mind seems to be somewhere else, are you okay?"

   "Yeah, I was just thinking about some stuff, nothing much." I put on a fake smile, but he noticed it.

   He sighed. "You don't have to smile if you don't feel like it. If you don't want to tell me what's wrong, that's fine, but don't pretend to be okay when you are not." Honestly speaking, Ryosuke is a lot better than Dae Hyun in many aspects, so why can't I just forget him?

   "Korea. I miss it. And the people I knew there."

   "Dae Hyun?" My eyes widened.

   "H-How do you know?"

   "On that day we went camping and you fell asleep on my lap, you kept on mumbling a lot of stuff. You said Dae Hyun a lot of times, so I kind of assumed he was someone important to you. Who is he?"

   "My boyfriend. Ex-boyfriend." He became silent. I didn't want to be so straightforward, but I didn't think I should hide it.

   "What happened between the two of you? I mean, why did you break up?"

   "Well, we never officially broke up, but we stopped talking to each other."

   "Why?" I lowered my eyes. "Sorry, I understand if you don't want to talk about it."

   "No, that's fine." I looked back at him. "You have all the right to know." Just then I saw a familiar face on the TV behind him. It was One Shot's MV. "There." I pointed to the TV and he turned around. "The guy who sings the chorus is Dae Hyun and the guy who you will see spasming on the floor is Zelo, my best friend. Ex-best friend, I mean."

   "So they became famous. That's why they don't talk to you anymore?"

   "Yeah. They don't have time to a no one like me anymore." I sighed. "But enough of this topic, let's go get something to eat."

 

   On the next day, after coming back from school, I got a call from Ryosuke.

   "Rika, turn on Fuji TV now."

   "Why? I never watch that channel."

   "You never watch TV, but just listen to me, okay? I will hang up, bye."

   After I dropped my phone on the sofa, I the TV as he said and got an instant shock. B.A.P was on and the talk was about their ideal types. Zelo was obviously talking about Hye Ji and I couldn't help smiling. When it came to Dae Hyun's turn, I unconsciously got really focused on his words.

   "It's not like I thought about an ideal type, but I had a girlfriend and I guess she became my ideal type." Am I happy?

   "Oh, now that is something interesting! Tell us, do you still keep in touch? Are you by any chance in a secret relationship?" The host was too curious for comfort.

   "Well, we stopped talking to each other when I first joined B.A.P. I was so focused on trying to improve my singing and dancing that I kind of forgot about her. I mean, I would think of her all the time, but I couldn't give her the same ammount of attention I used to, so I stopped talking to her and now she is gone."

   "What do you mean by 'she is gone'?"

   "She left Korea. I only got to know it after she had already left, so I couldn't do anything to stop her. Zelo tried to get in touch with her, but failed."

   "Zelo-san? So you also know this mysterious girl?"

   "Yeah. She used to be my best friend, but I haven't talked to her since I joined B.A.P as well."

   "What a lucky girl. Close to two members of B.A.P. I envy her, don't you, girls?" The girls in the audience replied a "yes". "But, Dae Hyun-san, you said the girl was gone. Where did she go?"

   "Actually... Japan."

   "Perfect! Why don't you both leave her a message, then? If you can't get in touch with her, maybe this is your chance, maybe she is watching this show right now!" Yes, I am, miss.

   The six boys looked at each other, probaly wondering if they should allow Dae Hyun and Zelo to do this. What if it became a scandal? The host wouldn't give up, though. The camera showed her walking to the backstage to ask their manager if it was okay. After he got the CEO's authorization, the host came back.

   "Done! Let's start with the best friend. The end should be more intense, so the boyfriend will do it later." The camera focused on Zelo.

   "My baby," He laughed. "how have you been doing? I'm sorry for abandoning you like that, I really am. I didn't do that on purpose, you know? This whole new life got me so busy... I know this is not enough for you to forgive me, but I miss someone calling me a baby, or someone calling me an idiot. I miss someone nagging about my skateboards and someone helping me study. If by any chance you are watching this, give me a call, my number is still the same. We are here in Japan, so let's meet some time. I miss you, bestie." The studio was completely silent. I looked at my cell phone, wondering if I should call him or not, but the host stopped me. 

   "Awn, I wish I had a friend like you, Zelo-san! Now, boyfriend, your turn." The camera focused on Dae Hyun and he looked uneasy.

   "Sweetie. You know we are not using your name for your own safety, right?" He laughed a little. "I... I hope you are okay. I guess things didn't work out for you when you first moved back to Japan, right? But I know you are a strong girl, so you probably overcame all the hardships with a smile on your face. Once again, I was the cause of your suffering and I'm really really sorry, though I know you are tired of listening to my apologies. I know it's been a long time and you probably already forgot about me, but there's a corner of my heart that doesn't let me forget you. I know you don't like watching TV, but if destiny pushed you to the living room and forced you to press the power button, I just want you to know that I am sorry. Maybe I'm just too selfish, but would you consider giving me another chance? I know I've hurt you uncountable times, but I'm trying to get better. I'm trying to change for you! I promise I will do my best to be the boyfriend you have always wished for. I'm well aware that I've already said that a lot of times and that I've hurt you again and again afterwards, but I won't do it anymore, I will be a better man, so please... For the last time... Give me one last chance. Because I would do anything to have you back by my side." His eyes were getting teary, so he looked away.

   With tears rolling down my face, I turned off the TV and let my body disassemble itself on the couch as my mind was running everywhere but my head. What should I do now?