Wandering II

Cinderella Life

   "You're going to buy a new skateboard for me, right ?"

   "No."

   "Please."

   "No."

   "Pleeeeeeease."

   "No."

   "I'll get you ice cream afterwards."

   "No."

   "Ice cream and a piece of cheesecake."

   "No."

   "Ice cream, a whole cheesecake and strawberries with chocolate."

   "Do you want me to get diabetes ?"

   "Of course not."

   "Then no."

   "I'll get you a steak before the dessert."

   "A steak, pork and chicken ?"

   "Sure."

   "Deal."

   Zelo bought a new skateboard and I didn't really care about what it looked like. I just handed him my credit card and went outside. Yes, he knows my credit card password, but I wasn't the one who told him, he figured it out himself. He left the store and pushed me to an ice cream shop before I could ask anything.

   He pulled a chair and motioned me to sit down. I sat totally dumbfounded. He got me a huge strawberry and banana split and a plain chocolate ice cream scoop for himself. I kept on staring at him suspiciously.

   "What's up with you, Zelo ?"

   "Nothing, just eat." He shoved a strawberry in my mouth. As I was about to say something he tried to fill my mouth with ice cream, but I held his wrist.

   "How much was the skateboard, Zelo ?" I took the spoon from his hand.

   "Does it matter ? Why don't you enjoy the strawberries ? They look delicious !" He said in an abnormal speed and got the spoon back, trying to get a strawberry. 

   "Here, try it yourself." I took the spoon from him again and shoved the strawberry in his mouth. "Now tell me how much was the skateboard, ma baby." I tried to sound calm.

   "You'll see it in your credit card statement anyways." He filled his mouth with his ice cream.

   "Yah, Choi Jun Hong !" As we were in a public place, I couldn't scream, so I whispered in a really angry tone.

   "Ok ok, I got it." He raised his hands in defeat.

   "So ?"

   "Something between 80 and 800 dollars." He lowered his eyes and was about to take another spoon of ice cream, but I stopped him.

   "Be more specific." I was still holding his wrist and my grip on it was getting stronger.

   "You won't get mad at me, right ?" He looked at me with his puppy eyes, pouting.

   "I'm already mad at you, now spit it out."

   "750 dollars." He kind of whispered.

   "WHAT ?!" I only realized I had screamed when I noticed a bunch of eyes staring at me. I apologized and gazed at Zelo. "How could you buy a skateboard for 750 dollars ? Is it pure gold or what ?"

   "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I've always wanted that skateboard, it's been my dream to have one of those for years !"

   "You are out of your mind." I was really mad at this point. I have to say that 750 dollars was nothing for me, but he should have told me. The last three skateboards I bought for him were no more than 200 dollars.

   "I will do anything you want for one year, ok ? I will carry your backpack, do your homework, even piggyback you if you don't want to walk. I'll be your slave, I promise !"

   "You better." I mumbled and left the shop, leaving him behind.

   I headed to the nearest mall and he followed me. I was going on a shopping spree again. I entered about 25 stores and bought something from each one of them. By the end of my madly pricey hobby, Zelo had bags up to his face. I counted 37. Lucky him that I bought a huge suitcase, so he was able to put about 20 bags inside of it. I suddenly turned around and looked at him, giggling.

   "Felling better ?" He asked, sweating because of my punishment.

   "Yes !" I jumped closer to him.

   "That's nice to hear." He smiled, relieved.

   "Now let's eat. You still owe me a steak, pork, chicken and cheesecake."

   "Didn't you forget something ?"

   "No, you'll give me strawberries with chocolate when we get to your house."

   "I don't have strawberries at home though."

   "Buy it then." I shrugged and smiled at him. Then I left, looking for a nice restaurant.

   I ate a lot more than I should and was used to, but this was the first time Zelo was using his money for me, and it would probably be the last, so I couldn't waste this chance. After eating we took a taxi and headed to his house. 4:51 p.m.

   We got there and I sent him off to buy my strawberries. He left mumbling and I lied on the couch to watch some TV.

   "Yah yah yah, take your dirty feet out of the table !" He was back, yeah.

   "My feet are not dirty and I'm even wearing socks, look." I lifted my feet for him to see my GD and TOP socks.

   "I'll give you socks with my face on it."

   "No, I like them better."

   "How can you say that to me when I did all these for you ?" He raised the bag in his hand.

   "You bought me strawberries, ." I rolled my eyes.

   "And ice cream, and a steak, and pork, and chicken, and cheesecake."

   "And I bought you a 750 dollars worth skateboard ! It probably isn't even worth that much." I mumbled the last part.

   He had nothing else to say, so he headed to the kitchen to melt chocolate and wash the strawberries.

   Just then I remembered I still needed my books for school tomorrow, so I called Il Hoon.

   "Hello ?"

  "Oppa, are you busy ?"

  "No, I'm watching TV, why ?"

  "Can you bring my backpack and books to Zelo's house ?"

  "Sure, but why ?"

  "I really want to go to school tomorrow and if I go back home to get my stuff I'm sure your mom won't let me leave the house for a week."

  "Got it. What do you need ?"

  "Tomorrow I have Math, Physichs, Geography, English, Chemistry and History classes. Some of my books are on the shelf and some are already inside my bag."

  "Ok, I'll be there in a few minutes."

  "Thank you."

  I hung up and drifted my attention back to the TV. After about 10 minutes, Zelo came over with my strawberries and melted chocolate. I ate them happily. When he tried to eat one, I slapped his hand.

  "This is all mine, ma baby." I smirked.

  "I should have eaten one in the kitchen." He mumbled, crossing his arms.

  Not long after that, there was a knock on the door. Zelo opened it and Il Hoon came inside with my backpack.

  "Hey there, oppa !" I stood up and ran to him.

  "Hello !" He waved his hand. "Here, your backpack and your books." He handed me my backpack with a smile

  "Thank yooooou. Want some strawberries with chocolate ?"

  "Hey hey hey, why do you offer him my strawberries, but don't allow me to get one ?"

  "You meant MY strawberries, right ?"

  "Sure, sure." He frowned and went to the couch.

  "How did you manage to leave the house, oppa ?"

  "Mom was already sleeping." He shrugged.

  "But it's still 6:45, how can she already be- Don't you dare eat my strawberries, Choi Jun Hong !" I could see him reaching for a strawberry with the corner of my eye. He quickly laid back on the couch. Il Hoon chuckled.

  "She doesn't have you to annoy, which means she has nothing to do the whole day, so she sleeps early."

  "Hm. Interesting. So, do you want to watch a movie ?"

  "Sure. Why not ?" We headed to the couch and I pushed Zelo aside, giving Il Hoon more space.

  During the movie, Il Hoon and I were eating the chocolated strawberries and Zelo was just drooling over them. Yes, I ended up feeling bad for him, so I fed him one, which he gladly accepted and we kept on watching the movie. 

  Movie is over. 8:23 p.m.

  "I have to go now." Il Hoon said, as he stood up from the couch.

  "Don't you want to stay a little more ? It's still early." I asked, yawning.

  "Nope. I still have some homework to do, and it seems you need to sleep early today." He chuckled, ruffling my hair.

  "Alright then. See you tomorrow at school." I smiled and waved my hands.

  He left and it was just me and Zelo again.

  "Aren't your parents coming back home ?" I yawned again.

   "They are, but they usually arrive after 11 or so. Are you planning on waiting for them ? Because I think you should go to sleep."

   "I was, but I definitely won't last until 11." 

   "I expected that. Go, your bed is ready."

   "Come with me."

   "Why ?"

   "I want you to sing for me."

   "What ? You know I can't sing."

   "Il Hoon can't either, but he does so every night."

   "No way. I bet you'll compare me to Dae Hyun."

   "I promise I won't, pleeeeeeease !" I shook his arm up and down and looked at him with my failed puppy eyes.

   "Fine." He sighed. "But you better keep quiet and sleep right away."

   "Deal." I smiled brightly and ran to the guest room.

   He sang a song I didn't know, but I didn't bother asking what song that was. His voice was far from being the best, I have to say, but it was relaxing. I fell asleep in no time.