Christmas

Cinderella Life

   December 24th, 7:53 p.m.: I'm alone in my room.

   Dae Hyun said he needed to buy some things. I would go with him, but he told me to stay. He told me something about taking a shower and dressing up, because we were going out for dinner. Well, here I am, ready, and no sign of that guy.

   About 20 minutes of doing nothing passed and I finally heard the door opening. "So, what did you buy ?" I walked to him and tried to get his backpack.

   "Men's stuff." He turned around, so I couldn't reach his backpack.

   "What do you mean by that ?" I frowned.

   "Something we may use tonight." He smirked and I had no reaction, but after I realized what he meant I froze, wide-eyed. He chuckled. "I'm kidding. Just got us new toothbrushes." He walked to the bed to set his backpack and I took some time to shake the unwanted thoughts away.

   "So, ready to go ?" I approached him.

   "Do I look ready ?" His jeans and t-shirt said no.

   "Then go go go ! I'm hungry !" I pushed him to the bathroom.

   He chuckled. "You are always hungry."

   "You always say that, it's not funny anymore."

   "What can I do if it's true ?" I pouted. "You are beautiful, sweetie." He pecked my pouting lips and I blushed, looking away. His randomness totally made me forget about the previous topic.

   I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Hurry up, Christmas won't wait to start." He chuckled again and I pushed him inside the bathroom, closing the door, with a silly smile plastered on my face.

    We went to a really nice restaurant. It was luxurious and everything we are used to, but it was cozy and felt like... home. Maybe it's just me, but I definitely feel comfortable here.

  "Better ?" Dae Hyun asked as I finished my dish. I nodded happily and he chuckled. We shared a dessert and waited for the bill. When the waiter handed it to us, Dae hyun was about to get his wallet, but I stopped him.

   "My treat." I pushed his hand down and got my own wallet.

   "What ?" He chuckled.

   "The bet. I lost it. I'll pay for the food during our trip." I smiled sweetly.

   "You're really amusing, you know ?" He held my hand. "The bet was cancelled at the moment I made you cry. I'm still a gentleman, sweetie." He kissed my hand and took my wallet. "I'll keep it for now. While I have the conditions to, I will never let you spend a penny." I wanted to argue over it, but I didn't. He's being sweet, let me enjoy it, okay ? He payed and we left.

   "Where is the coldest place round here, Rika ?" We had been walking around hand in hand for about an hour.

   "Coldest ? Why ?"

   "Just because."

   "Hm, what do you mean ?"

   "Somewhere with a really powerful air-conditioner, maybe ?"

   "I don't know.. Our room ?" I laughed, looking at him.

   "Good enough." He smiled and we went back to the hotel.

   As we arrived in the hotel, Dae Hyun led the way and locked me outside our room. Wait, what ?

   "Oppa, I have no idea what you are planning, but can you at least give me my slippers ? My feet hurt." I said, knocking lightly on the door. Come on, we walked around for almost two hours and I was wearing high heels, I don't have iron feet.

   He handed me my slippers without opening the door completely and closed it right away. I took off my heels and put on the slippers. I was a little confused, but waited patiently.

   After about 10 minutes he came out with a box in one hand and my jacket in the other.

   "Merry Christmas, sweetie." He handed me the box. I took it slightly suspicious.

   "It's not Christmas yet." I raised a brow.

   "It will be in a few minutes. Now open it."

   I took off the ribbon and opened the box. There was a little box inside it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out what it is.

   "What's the purpose of the big box ?" 

   "The ribbon."

   "What ?"

   "Won't you open it ? Let me do it then."

   Dae Hyun took the box from my hand and I was smiling unconsciously. When I noticed I probably looked like a silly in love, I tried to be serious, but wasn't able to.

   He took the little box and placed the big one on the floor. He kneeled in front of me and opened the box. "Last time I gave you a ring, I didn't really mean to, so you can throw that one away. This one, though, I want you to wear all the time. I want you to remember how much I love you even when I'm not by your side. I want you to know that, doesn't matter for how long, I will always be waiting for you. You are the only one for me and I will patiently wait until the day you're ready to take the next step. Forget about what my dad said about getting married when you turn 18. I won't force you and I'll make sure he won't either. Once you're ready, I'll buy you another ring. A much better one. I'll propose to you properly and I'll do whatever I can to be the husband you always wished for. I know I'm lacking, but can you please just give me your hand, so I can put the ring on your finger ? I don't know what else to say. I'm not that romantic." I chuckled and kissed him.

  "You are romantic enough." He took my hand and put the ring on my finger.

  "I'll get better, just give me some time." I giggled. "Now come here." He took the ribbon and I just stared at it. He used it to cover my eyes.

   "What are you doing, Jung Dae Hyun ?"

   "Just trust me, sweetie." He put the jacket on me and led me inside the room. Gosh, it was freezing. "Stay still, ok ? Just a couple more minutes." I nodded and didn't move.

   I heard him whispering "3, 2, 1" and then I felt something falling on me. Something like... foam ? He took the ribbon off of my eyes and I looked around. He was throwing canned foam on me and there was styrofoam on the bed, on the table, everywhere. Was he trying to... 

   "Just pretend it's snowing." I smiled genuinely. "It's not even one minute past midnight. Snow in the first minute of December 25th. Did yout dream come true ?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heeey, guys ! I'm going on a trip like right now and will be back in 11 or 12 days. Until then, why don't you suggest me some more things to happen in the story ? I'm running out of ideas :(