Hokkaido

Cinderella Life

   "Rika, I'm hungry !" 7:02 p.m.: Dae Hyun is back.

   "Hi to you too." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head and he chuckled.

   "Sorry, sweetie." He sat on the sofa, next to me. "How was your day ?"

   "Just like this." I smiled. I really enjoy doing nothing.

   "Ready to go out ? Dad called me to say he's already at the restaurant waiting for us." I nodded and we went out.

   As soon as we arrived, the manager greeted us and led us to a table. But something was weird. Dad wasn't there.

   "We don't need a new table, my dad is already here." Dae Hyun stated, looking around.

   "Please sit, young boss. Your dad left an envelope for you." The manager motioned us to sit and slowly walked back, leaving us rather confused.

   He soon came back with the envelope and handed it to Dae Hyun, bowing respectfully right after he took it. Dae Hyun opened the envelope and furrowed his brows. He looked at me and showed me what he had in hand.

   "Is he serious ?" I was quite flabbergasted. Dae Hyun was holding two plane tickets to Hokkaido, my home town, my home province, my home island or whatever you want to call it.

   "Well, it's my dad we're talking about." He frowned a little, tilting his head and taking something else from the envelope. A letter.

   I went behind him to be able to read the letter.

   Kids, now I'm probably at the airport, off to Beijing for some business matters and I won't be able to be back for Christmas, so I'm sending you to Hokkaido for your first Christmas alone. Hopefully something will happen between you two when you're in another country... Anyway, someone will be waiting for you in the airport, everything is already booked and planned, so don't worry about anything, just enjoy yourselves. See you next year !

   No, dad doesn't know Dae Hyun and I are together. We don't know how to tell him. We're afraid he'll force us to get married in a week or something like that.

   "Erm... okay." I tilted my head.

   "It could have been worse."

   "It can always be worse." I rested my chin on his head, still looking at the letter.

   "It could have been a lot worse." He slightly chuckled. "He could have told us to come back with grandchildren for him instead of enjoying ourselves." I lightly slapped his cheek.

   "Shut up. People here think we're sibilings." I went back to my chair.

   "And we are." He raised a brow.

   "Then our relationship is and is a sin." I whispered, mockingly smiling.

   "I've always been a sinner anyway." He looked away, to the waiter walking to us with our food.

   We went back home and I called Il Hoon. He took some time to pick up, he was probably giving Hee Yeon an excuse to leave.

   "Hello ?"

   "Oppa, are you back from dinner yet ?"

   "Nope. We're waiting for the dessert."

   "Can you do something else before going back home ?"

   "What do you mean ?"

   "I don't know, take Hee Yeon somewhere."

   "Why ?"

   "I need to pack my stuff."

   "Already ? Aren't you going to travel only on the 27th ?"

   "Dad bought plane tickets to Hokkaido for Dae Hyun and I. We are leaving tomorrow night."

   "Ah..." He chuckled. "I'll see what I can do, now I have to go back, mom might think I flushed myself down the toilet. I'll text you soon."

   "Ok, I'll be waiting."

   I hung up and saw Dae Hyun lying on the sofa, watching TV. I lifted his head, sat on the sofa and layed his head on my lap. He smiled at me and I started his hair.

   "Are you the man of the relationship ?" He mocked.

   "Yep." I messed his hair. "If you are not going to be a gentleman, I'll take up the role."

   "Ok, it's getting weird." He sat up and pulled me down, so that I was lying on his lap. "Better ?"

   "A lot." I giggled.

   "I'm still the man of this relationship, got it ?" He flicked my forehead.

   "Silly, who said only the girl can lie on the guy's lap ? A lot of guys lie on girls' laps and like it when they their hair, you are the weird one."

   "I am the boss of this relationship. I won't be submissive."

   "Boss ? I can still kick you down there, honey. Will you be submissive when I do so ?" I fakely smiled at him.

   "Right now your feet wouldn't reach me. Your head, on the other hand, is slightly dangerous. But I know you wouldn't do anything to me, you still want to have kids, don't you ?" He raised a brow.

   "I wouldn't do anything to make you barren, I would only hurt you a tiny little bit, sweetheart." I threatened, while gently carressing his cheek.

   "You don't have to find an excuse to touch me there, you can do it whenever you want." He smirked.

   "Shut up." I sat up in a split second, blushing. 

   "You know, it's dark outside, we are a couple and we are alone at home, what do you think normal couples would be doing by now ?" He shrugged.

   "We are not a normal couple. We are sinners, remember ?" I avoided his question.

   "Lust is a sin." He placed his hand on my thigh and I jumped off the sofa.

   "Stop it, Jung Dae Hyun !" I pointed at him, trying to sound the most authoritarian I could. He chuckled.

   "Don't be mad, I'm just messing with you. Come here." He tapped his lap.

   "ert." I mumbled, lying on his lap again.

   "You know I wouldn't do anything to you right now. You're still a baby, right ?" He pinched my nose.

   "I'm glad you know it."

   "I only have to wait until you turn 18." I raised a brow.

   "No, darling. You have to wait until we're married."

   "It's the same. We're getting married as soon as you turn 18 anyway. I'll make sure no one bothers us during our honeymoon." He winked, smirking.

   "ert." I shot him a glare, giving him a light punch on his chest.

   "Hey, you are the one who is lying on the mini me."

   "Aish, Jung Dae Hyun !" I stood up and headed to the bedroom.

   Not long after I closed the door, my cellphone vibrated. It was a message from Il Hoon.

  Mom and I are going to the movies right now. Don't take too long, we'll be back in about two hours.

   I hurried back downstairs and forcefully hit a lying Dae Hyun's stomach.

  "What was that for ?" He was slightly mad.

  "Il Hoon is taking Hee Yeon to the movies, take me to my house so I can pack my stuff to our trip." I screamed from the door.

  "Relax, girl." He leisurely stood up.

  "We don't have time, Jung Dae Hyun !" I ran to him, and tried to push him to the door. He was a lot stronger than me, though.

  "Jung Dae Hyun ?" He frowned.

  "My handsome and beloved oppa, can we please go to my house, so that I can pack my stuff and be prepared to the most wonderful Christmas of my life next to the person I love the most in the whole world ?" I put on the cutest expression I could manage.

  He chuckled. "Come on."

  We took the car and dashed to my house. I immediately ran to my room and started throwing all my clothes on the floor. I took my two suitcases and crumpled everything inside. I can choose what to take at Dae Hyun's place, for now I'll just take everything. I also got a backpack and shoved some make up and accessories inside, took two purses and screamed.

  "Jung Dae Hyun !" He ran up and banged the door open.

  "What happened !?" He was panting and I giggled.

  "Help me take my stuff downstairs." I walked by him with the backpack and the purses and left him dumbfounded.

  As soon as we got into the car I texted Il Hoon.

  I'm done, thank you !

  We arrived at Dae Hyun's house and didn't bother to take my stuff upstairs. We left everything in the living room and I would choose what to take there. As I started throwing everything on the floor, Dae Hyun went upstairs to pack his own stuff.

  When I was done, I went to his room.

  "Oppa, go sleep in your dad's room." He gave me a puzzled look, already lying on his bed.

  "What ?" He furrowed his brows.

  "After what you said today I don't want to share a bed with you. Leave." I pointed to the door.

  "Are you that afraid of what I may do to you ?" He stood up and walked towards me, smirking.

  I walked back slowly, but he didn't stop until I was out of his room and slammed the door on his face. I heard him laughing and turned around to walk away. No problem, I can sleep in dad's room tonight.

  As I was placing my cellphone on the bedside table, something caught my attention. Among the pictures of dad, Dae Hyun and his mother, there was one person who didn't belong there. My mom.