Sorry

Cinderella Life

   I went to the restroom and washed my mouth before locking myself in one of the stalls. I started crying silently, hoping no one would hear.

   After about 15 minutes of crying, I searched my bag for a mirror and some concealer to hide a little of my puffy red eyes before leaving the restroom.

   Dae Hyun was waiting for me outside. He was about to be mad at me, but softened when he saw my crying face.

   "What's wrong ?" He grabbed my arm, but a little gentler this time.

   "None of your business." I replied coldly, not looking at him.

   He sighed, cupping my face to look at him. "Look, I was just messing with you, ok ? Do you really think I would fall for those girls ? Girls who would throw themselves on the first guy they see ?"

   "I don't want excuses, Dae Hyun. I want an apology. Do you have any idea of what I've been through because of this little joke of yours ?" I removed his hand from my face.

   "What happened ?" He furrowed his brows.

   "You're really not apologizing, huh ?" I frowned and started walking back to the entrrance.

   He followed me and once again grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry, ok ? I'm sorry for not apologizing before and I'm sorry for whatever I made you go through, but I really don't know why you are like this if it's not jealousy."

   "Remember that day when we were younger and I said that my lips were still clean ?" He nodded. "Because of you they are not clean anymore since that day at the park, but guess what ? While you were playing with your noona, someone else got my lips dirty." I felt like crying again, but held it in.

   He took some time to understand what I meant. "What ? Who ?" I don't know if he was mad with whoever got my lips dirty, if he was mad with himself, or if he was just a little shocked, but I don't really care.

   "Does it even matter now ?"

   "Yes, it does for me."

   "Don't play the caring boyfriend now, Dae Hyun." I once again took his hand off my arm and started walking again towards the entrance, where I could see those four girls from before.

   "Wait !" He came after me and was about to grab my arm again.

   "Don't touch me." He retracted his arm.

   "You really won't listen to me ?" He stopped in front of me.

   "What ?" I crossed my arms, waiting to hear whatever he had to say.

   "You said your lips were dirty, right ? Then let me clean them for you." And he kissed me.

   Don't hate me, but I couldn't help it. Yes, I slapped him. I had to make a quick choice, you know ? I would either slap him or cry desperately in his arms, but the latter would mean I was already forgiving him, which is not the case, so yeah.

   He stood still for some time and I took the chance to walk to the girls. I stood in front of the one who was previously clung to Dae Hyun's arm and handed her one of the plane tickets. She stared at me expressionlessly.

   "You're going to Hokkaido with the singing dude." She shot me a smile from ear to ear with sparkly eyes.

   I left before she could thank me, but I could hear her fangirling with her friends.

   I walked to Dae Hyun and he was frozen with his hand on the cheek I had just slapped. I am feeling slightly bad seeing him like this, but not enough to forgive him yet. I took his wallet out of my backpack and put his ticket inside before giving it back to him.

   "Have fun." I said, as he looked at me when he took his wallet from my hand.

   "What ?" He had a puzzled expression on his face.

   "Have fun in Hokkaido with your noona." I shot him a fake smile and walked out of the airport.

   "Where are you going ?" This time he didn't grab my arm, he held my hand instead. The gentler he got and the softer his voice became, the worse I felt for being so harsh on him, but he deserved it.

   "Home. I called Il Hoon when I was in the restroom from a kind woman's cellphone."

   "Where's yours ?"

   "Somewhere. In pieces. Doesn't matter." I didn't show any sign of sadness, anger, nor any kind of emotion.

   "Because of me ?" He lowered his eyes.

   "No." I looked away.

   He sighed. "Remember that day at school when Zelo said you were dating ? I just wanted you to feel the way I felt. I didn't think all of this would happen, ok ? I'm really sorry." He squeezed my hand and lifted my chin to look at him.

   "Don't you think there are some differences between both situations ? I mean, first: we weren't even dating yet. Second: Zelo is my best friend. Third: he said it, I didn't do anything. Fourth: I never ignored you. Fifth:..."

   "I got it, ok ? I'm sorry." He interrupted me, lowering his head.

   "It's too late to be sorry, Dae Hyun. Now go back inside, your noona is waiting for you. You have a plane to board." I tried to let go of his hand, but he didn't let me.

   "Why would I go with her ? Hokkaido is your home, I want to take you there, not her."

   "I don't feel like going. You can go. Have fun and pay a visit to my mom, buy her some flowers. When you come back I'll be at Zelo's house." I used my free hand to release my other hand from his grip and he stared at me in disbelief.

   "Do you want to know about your mom ?" He tried for the last time to make me stay.

   I hesistated for a moment. "Maybe some other day." 

   I walked away and Il Hoon was already waiting for me. I looked back one last time and Dae Hyun wasn't there anymore. Maybe he liked the idea of travelling with that girl. Whatever.

   Il Hoon took me to Dae Hyun's house, so that I could get my remaining stuff, as I left my suitcase in the airport, before taking me to Zelo's house. In fact, Zelo doesn't know I'm going there, but I don't think there will be any problem. At least I hope not.

   On the way, Il Hoon didn't ask me anything about why I decided to go back. He only asked me things like if I needed any help to get my stuff, if I was hungry, if I really didn't want to go back to my own house, and stuff like these. Thank you, oppa, I don't really feel like talking about it yet.

   I knocked on Zelo's door and his mom opened it.

   "Rika ? What are you doing here ?" She was slightly surprised.

   "Erm, hi. Can I.. I mean.. I don't want to bother you, but can I stay at your house until the day of our trip ?" I played with my fingers, while asking for permission. I expected Zelo to open the door, then I would feel less embarrassed, but anyway.

   "Sure, but what happened ?" She stepped aside, giving me room to go in. I looked back to Il Hoon in the car and waved to him. He waved back and left.

   "Dae Hyun is going on a trip and I don't want to be alone in his house."

   "Shouldn't you be going with him ?" Damn you, Zelo, why did you have to tell your mom ?

   "Well, yeah, but we are not really on good terms now, so I decided not to go." I stopped in the middle of the living room, waiting for her to lock the door.

   "Hm, I understand. Well, I have some things to finish, so feel at home. Jun Hong is in his room." She smiled before going into the little room she used as her office. I nodded and went upstairs. 

   I opened the door without knocking and Zelo was sitting on his bed with his notebook on his lap. He looked at me and tilted his head, frowning.

   "Shouldn't you be in a plane right now ?" He put his notebook aside.

   "Dae Hyun and I had a little argument." I sat on his bed.

   "And where is he ?"

   "Probably in the plane with a noona he met in the airport."

   "Wait, what ?" He furrowed his brows.

   "Long story." I sighed.

   "You are staying here, right ? We have all the time you need."

   I sighed again before telling him the whole story. He just listened silently, frowning at some points of the story. When I finished telling him everything we just stayed in silence. 

   After some time Zelo turned to me, smirking. I lifted my brows, giving him a questioning look.

   "So..." He pulled one of his sleeves down, so it was covering his hand. "Your lips are dirty, huh ?" He approached me slowly and I didn't move. "You better clean it up." He started rubbing my mouth with his sleeve and tickling me with his other hand. I couldn't help but fall back and laugh uncontrolably.

   When I was almost out of breath he stopped. I just lied there on his bed for some time before standing up and hitting his arm.

   "What was that for ?" He asked, rubbing his arm.

   "Tickling me. You know how ticklish I am." I sent him a glare, but soon started laughing again. "Good night, Zelo." I said, as I opened the door to go to the guest's room.

   "Smile, Rika." I looked back and stuck my tongue out. He made a face and I giggled before going out and closing his door.

   Thank you for being my dorky best friend, Zelo. I can't believe the way you can make me feel better just being this same old idiot.