Jealousy

Cinderella Life

   They convinced me to go back to Korea with them, but there were no seats available in their flight. I arrived in Korea about two hours after them and went straight to Dae Hyun's house.

   "Rika! How come you left without telling me anything? I missed you so so so much! But how are you? Are you okay? Did you meet nice people in Japan? Was your house still the same? Was the food better than-"

   "Dad!" I interrupted him. "I'm fine." I laughed slightly. "And it's good to see you too."

   He smiled warmly. "Want to talk?" 

   "Huh?" I tilted my head.

   "About Dae Hyun."

   "What about him?"

   "Why you never told me you were dating?" Now that I think of it, we never told dad about us.

   "Did you really have to talk about that when I just came back after over a year? Well, anyway, I was afraid you would force us to get married right away if you knew." He frowned.

   "You know, I just like joking around with you. I would never force you to do something you don't want to. You are like my-"

   "Please don't say I'm like your daughter. Because I can't date my brother." He laughed.

   "Right. Sorry. But I care for you a lot, Rika. I wouldn't do anything to harm you."

   "I know. And I'm really grateful for that." I smiled.

   "But when I asked you if you wanted to talk, I meant if you wanted to talk about relationships. You don't have your mother to give you advice and I know that you and Dae Hyun have always been immature when it comes to this topic."

   "We always fight a lot, but that's all. I don't have anything in particular to ask."

   "Rika, you know, Dae Hyun is a teenage boy. Even though most dads out there would be overjoyed to hear their sons... made a move... on their girls, I wouldn't, because I care for you just like I care for Dae Hyun. Maybe even more. Even if you think it's going to hurt his feelings, I'm asking you not to just go by his rules, you understand?" He looked uncomfortable saying this and I was even more uncomfortable listening to it.

   "Since when did I go by his rules, dad? Relax, I won't get pregnant."

   "I'm glad you understood it, otherwise I would have had to be even more straightforward." I laughed.

   "Yeah, there's absolutely no need for it. I've been keeping his hormones under control for quite a long time. I guess I can keep doing it. But thanks for worrying about me." He nodded slightly. "Oh, right. Dad, I need to ask you a favor." 

   "What is it?" 

   "I couldn't bring everything back with me from Japan, and I don't know who I should talk to to send my stuff to Korea."

   "Hm. Leave it to me. I'll take care of it." He smiled.

   "Thanks." Just then, the front door opened.

   "Rika!" Jong Up came in hopping in my direction.

   "Erm, hi." I smiled awkwardly.

   "We are here to welcome you back." Dae Hyun came right after him.

   "Dae Hyun, I've already talked to her." Dad said out of nowhere.

   "About what?" He seemed confused.

   "You know... that."

   Dae Hyun thought for a while. "Wait, what!?" 

   "Relax, he just told me not to go by your rules." I laughed and the rest of the boys looked at each other, not understanding what we were talking about.

   We ate, talked and did nothing for a couple hours. Then someone knocked on the door. Dae Hyun opened it and I let out a scream of delight.

   "Oppa!" I ran and jumped on him and he was frozen for a second, before hugging me back.

   "Hey, sis." He laughed and put me down.

   "Why you never greet me like that?" Dae Hyun sounded bitter.

   "Because you are always making me mad." I made a face at him and turned back to Il Hoon. "What are you doing here?" 

   "I heard you were back, so I came to see you. Missing Japan already?" 

   "Yeah, kind of."

   "Missing that Ryosuke guy, I bet." Dae Hyun mumbled, but I heard it perfectly.

   "You know, if you treated me half as well as he did, I wouldn't even notice other guys around me." He huffed and looked away. "But, oppa, what about you? How is this idol life?"

   "It's pretty nice to have fans, but it's also really annoying to not be able to even walk down the street to buy a cup of coffee in peace."

   "Exactly."  Zelo mumbled from the side, while nodding slowly.

   "But, oppa, won't you introduce me to your teammates? I already know everyone from B.A.P, so now I should meet BToB as well, right?" I clung to Il Hoon's arm, looking closely at his face. Dae Hyun cleared his throat and I smirked.

   "Sure, I'm going back to the dorm soon, you can come with me if you want."

   "Actually," Dae Hyun pulled me away from Il Hoon. "we are going out. Didn't I tell you? I'm taking you out for a welcome dinner."

   I glared at him. "Too bad, I don't want to go." I stuck my tongue out.

   "Too bad to you, because it's already booked."

   "Yeah, right." I rolled my eyes and he took my hand.

   "In fact, we are already late, come on." He pulled me out and we took his dad's car.

 

   Because of his obvious lie, we ended up leaving three restaurants which were overcrowded. In the end, we went to one of dad's restaurants. After all, there's always a table for the owner's kids, right?

   "Booked. Tch." I made a face at him right after sitting.

   "BToB. Tch." He thanked the waiter who had just placed water glasses in front of us.

   "Wait a second. Are you jealous, Jung Dae Hyun?" It was obvious, but I like teasing him, so yeah.

   "Jealous? Who is jealous?" He averted his eyes while drinking the water and coughed, choking.

   I laughed. "Are you okay, mister jealousy?"

   He glared at me and sulked. He didn't talk nor looked at me for some time. I kept staring at him. I had never seen him like that, so it was kind of amusing.

   "It's nice." I sighed.

   "What?" He asked not looking at me.

   "Seeing you jealous." I giggled as he shot me an unbelieving look.

   "Pfff. Who said I'm jealous?" He crossed his arms and I pouted.

   "Fine. I am going to BToB's dorm tomorrow then."

   "No, you're not." He sternly looked at me and I chuckled.

   "I should do it more often." I rested my chin on a fist, while looking at him.

   "It what?" He sounded annoyed, which just made him look cuter to me.

   "Making you jealous. It's nice to know you care."

   "Of course I care, what's up with you?"

   "You are always making me jealous, Dae Hyun. Do you know how bad I feel because of that? It looks like you don't give a damn for me. But when you get overprotective like this, I feel really good. Because it's the only moment I can feel you actually care about me."

   "What are you talking about? I love you, I've already told you that."

   "It's nice to hear that, but it's even better to feel it, you know?"

   He frowned, but soon smiled. "I'm sorry for not showing it the right way."

   "You were doing it pretty well tonight." He chuckled.

   "I will keep doing it then." He kissed my hand, but before I could say anything else, this random girl came running towards us.

   "Dae Hyun!? Oh my God, I missed you so much! Why didn't you call me while you were in Japan?" Dae Hyun? No Jung? No ssi? Are they that close? She took a chair from the table next to ours and sat, not even noticing my presence.

   "Oh, Ah Reum! I didn't have any free time, that's why I didn't call you, but, wow, what a coincidence!" I rolled my eyes and stood up, not bothering to say goodbye. "Wait, Rika, where are you going?"

   "You're doing it wrong again, Dae Hyun."

   "No, it's just a misunderstanding." He held my wrist.

   "Whatever. Don't leave her waiting. She's been waiting for you since you left for Japan, after all." I removed his hand from my wrist.

   He stood in front of me. "Are we really going to do this again?"

   "Whose fault is it anyway?" He lowered his head and I left after gently pushing him to the side.