Bad Beginning

Cinderella Life

   After dinner, the adults went upstairs to take showers, sleep or do whatever they wanted to, while the teenagers stayed in the living room. We watched a movie in silence and, after it, I pulled Hye Ji away for a moment.

   "You're single, right?" I asked her and she stared at me for a couple seconds.

   "Yeah, why?"

   "Are you looking for a boyfriend?"

   "Well, kind of. Though I'm not desperate for one."

   "Good." I was about to go back to the living room, but Hye Ji stopped me. 

   "But what about you?"

   "What about me?"

   "Are you single?" I thought for a while. Should I tell her?

   Just in time, Zelo came inside the room. He pulled me closer to him and whispered. "How could you leave me with that guy? Do you have any idea how awkward it was? He asked me if you are an easy girl and I felt like punching his overly handsome face. I feel bad for Dae Hyun hyung, you know?"

   Easy girl? What? "Don't overreact. Come here." I pulled him closer to Hye Ji and his somewhat angry face started turning red. How cute! "Hye Ji, this is Zelo. Zelo, this is Hye Ji."

   "Nice to meet you, Zelo." She gave him a friendly smile, but Zelo just kept staring at her with that dumb expression on his face instead of answering. Getting sick of it and noticing how awkward it was being for Hye Ji, I elbowed him.

   He shook his head and cleared his throat. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Hye Ji-ssi."

   "No 'ssi', please. No one uses it in Brazil." Zelo nodded with his dumb face. Idiot.

   As we were walking back to the living room, I approached Hye Ji. "Won't Shi Hoo leave?"

   "Nope. He's staying here tonight." Great. Just great.

   It's 12:07 a.m. right now and we are all in the living room. Something like a late night teenage meeting. I am not comfortable at all with that Shi Hoo guy around, I just want to sleep and wait for him to leave.

   "I'm going to bed. I'm still really tired because of the trip." I stood up.

   "Are you sure? We are having so much fun!" You are, Hye Ji. Not me.

   "Yeah, I couldn't sleep properly in the plane, so I really need a good rest." I headed to the stairs. "Good night." I smiled, looking back, once I reached the stairs.

   "Good night, Rika." Hye Ji and Zelo said at the same time. Cuties.

   "Good night, babe." Shi Hoo caused me to stop and glare at him.

   "Babe?" I frowned. He winked and I felt kind of offended. Whatever, I'm just going to bed.

   I thought Zelo would leave right after me, but he stayed there. He was probably waiting for Shi Hoo to leave, so he could have some time alone with Hye Ji. Good luck with that, bestie.

 

   When I woke up, I looked to the right and Hye Ji was sleeping on her bed. When I tried to turn to the left, something stopped me. Not something, but someone. Park. Shi. Hoo.

   "WHAT THE HELL?!" I screamed, jumping out of bed.

   He rubbed his eyes, slowly waking up. I have to admit that he was dazzling, but it doesn't matter right now. "What's wrong, babe?"

   "Stop calling me that! I don't even know you! Now tell me what the hell you are doing on my bed."

   "I just felt like sleeping next to you. Come here." He lifted the blanket, inviting me to lie next to him.

   "No. No. No. Just get out of here. Just get the hell out of my bed!"

   "What's going on?" Hye Ji woke up, Finally.

   "Oh, nothing's wrong." I said ironically. "Your friend just decided to sleep with me on the day we met!" I pointed to the shirtless greek god on my bed and her eyes widened.

   "Shi Hoo, what are you doing in my room?!" She kind of screamed.

   "Why are you girls so noisy? I'll get a headache in the early morning." He sat up, rubbing his temples.

   "It's not early morning anymore, jerk. It's past 11 a.m. already." I opened the curtains in a failed attempt to blind him with the sunlight and headed to the door right after.

   "Oh, come on, what did I do wrong? I didn't even touch you!" 

   "If you had touched me, you wouldn't be breathing right now."

   Hye Ji's parents were already at work and Zelo's parents were out somewhere, so I went to Zelo's room. He was still sleeping, so I felt a little sorry for waking him up, but I needed him to calm me down.

   I gently shook him and he growled a little before squinting and sitting up. "Rika?" 

   "Are you awake?" I waved my hand in front of his eyes.

   "Hm." He obviously wasn't conscious.

   "What is your favorite color, Zelo?" 

   "Cherry tomato." I giggled. Well, I mean, cherry tomato could be a shade of red, but, if it was, he wouldn't know it, so yeah.

   I clapped my hands in front of his face, trying to wake him up. "Zelo!" I screamed and he shook his head, startled.

   "What?" He sounded slightly annoyed.

   "Shi Hoo slept with me." I boldly said.

   "WHAT?!" He finally opened his eyes properly and stared at me.

   "Don't you have anything better to say?"

   "Yesterday I sent hyung a message saying that his girl was being taken, but I guess she was already taken." He shot me a disappointed look.

   "No, you don't get it, I woke up and he was next to me!" I tried to explain.

   "He what?" His disappointed voice suddenly turned kind of angry. His mood changes are quite funny.

   "I asked him why he was there and he said he just felt like sleeping with me, and he was half on my bed, and he keeps calling me babe, and that's so creepy, I feel like I'm going to be anytime soon! He's driving me crazy and we haven't even been together for 24 hours yet!"

   He didn't say anything, he just dashed out of the room and I followed him. He went to Hye Ji's room, but when I realized what he was up to, it was too late.

   Shi Hoo was about to put his shirt on, when Zelo punched his cheek really hard, causing him to lose balance and hit Hye Ji's wardrobe. Before Shi Hoo could hit him back, I stopped him.

   "Don't you dare hit him, Park Shi Hoo." I was standing in front of Zelo. I only covered up to his stomach, but anyway.

   "He hit me, babe. I have all the rights to hit him as well."

   "Stop with this 'babe' thing! I don't even know you, so stop acting as if we are close or even dating! Because, for your information, I already have a boyfriend, and he is not you!"

   "You are hurting my feelings, sweetheart." He came closer to me and carressed my cheek.

   I immediately slapped his hand away and left the room, dragging Zelo with me.