Hidden Camera

Cinderella Life

   "Zelo, who is Ah Reum?" I called him as soon as I arrived home.

   "Hello to you too."

   "Hello. Now answer me."

   "Who?"

   "Ah Reum. She seemed pretty close to Dae Hyun."

   "Ah, that Ah Reum. I'm not sure, but she came to our dorm a couple times before."

   "She what!? A couple times? I only went there once and I wasn't even properly invited!"

   "Oh, that's not what-" I hung up.

   "Pfffft. Whatever." I threw my phone on the bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

   On the next day I woke up with a desperate will of going shopping. But then I realized: I had no one to go with me. All my shopping mates are now idols, so they can't just go shopping anywhere and anytime they want. So I decided to just take a walk around.

   As I reached the bottom of the stairs, dad was looking at me. "Don't you have to go to work, dad?"

   "I'm the boss, I go to work when I feel like it." He laughed a little. I nodded and was about to turn to leave, when he stopped me. "How was the dinner last night."

   "Good as always. It was your restaurant, after all." I shrugged, smiling. "Ah, dad, do you know an Ah Reum?"

   "Ah Reum? Oh, yeah, Dae Hyun is always talking about her, why?"

   I scoffed. "Never mind."

   I walked around aimlessly for quite a long time. I kept mumbling angry words to myself until I realized where I was. In front of B.A.P's dorm. And I also realized something else. I was starving.

   "Zelo, get me something to eat."

   "Wait, what?"

   "I'm in front of the building. Your dorm, I mean."

   "Why don't you come here?"

   "I don't want to meet Dae Hyun."

   "He's not home."

   "And where is he?"

   "In some kind of interview, I guess. Today is the first filming of our new reality show."

   "Hmm. Okay."  I hung up and went to the dorm.

   Not long after I finished eating, I heard Dae Hyun's voice followed by the door closing. He was on the phone.

   "...much better, babe. Yeah, Rika can't do that like you." Why the hell is he talking about me? And with a 'babe'? "I will just grab a coat, stay there and I will pick you up." Wait, like, seriously? "Rika? What about her?" Damn, can't you put that on speaker, Dae Hyun? "She has always been overly jealous. That's why I like you, babe." Enough.

   I left the kitchen and walked to where Dae Hyun was standing. I forcefully took his phone from him and ended the call. "Really, Dae Hyun?"

   "Oh. Rika." He looked slightly taken aback.

   "Yeah. Me." I hit the cellphone on his chest and he took this chance to take my wrist. I sighed. "Who is she?"

   "A fan. She is rich." He said as if it was nothing much.

   "Rich." I nodded annoyed. "And what are you? What am I?"

   "She is in another level. Her dad is Samsung's CEO."

   "So? I've been by your side ever since I was born and now you are dumping me because of this random girl you barely know just because she is rich?" I don't know if my voice showed sadness, anger or disbelief, but at that time I didn't even know what I was saying, words were just coming out of my mouth.

   "Well, I know her pretty well. While you were in Japan with that guy I was here with her. You've met her, by the way. Remember Ah Reum?"

   My mouth hung open in disbelief. "I even bothered to feel guilty for dating someone while we hadn't oficially broken up and you were here doing the exact same thing." He just shrugged and I let out an angry laugh. "Fine. I won't complain about you meeting someone while I was away, but why didn't you just break up with me when we met again? Why did you act so worried about me in Japan? Why did you act jealous yesterday?"

   "Just because." He shrugged again.

   "Just because? Just because!?" I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. "Did anyone else know you were two-timing me?"

   "I guess...everyone." 

   "W-what? Everyone?" As he nodded, I was reactionless for a moment. "Zelo!" I screamed and he opened the bedroom's door.

   "Yeah?"

   "Did you really know Dae Hyun was two-timing me and didn't tell me anything?"

   He hesitated for a second. "Erm...yeah."

   "The funny thing is that I feel more betrayed by you than by Dae Hyun." I let out a laugh and lowered my face, while some tears rolled down. "Does oppa also know about it?" I asked still looking at the ground.

   "Oppa? Il Hoon? Yep. Why don't you give him a call? Ah Reum should be at his dorm by now." Dae Hyun leaned against the wall and for some reason I did as he said.

   "Hello?"

   "O-oppa? It's me."

   "I know. What's wrong, sis?"

   "Where are you right now?"

   "At the dorm, why?"

   "Are you alone?"

   "The members are out, but I'm not alone."

   "Then who is there?" My voice was slightly shaking.

   "Ah Reum. She just got me a new tablet."

   "Ah Reum? The girl who's been with Dae Hyun ever since I left to Japan? The one with who he's been cheating on me?"

   "Yep, that Ah Reum."

   "How can you say that so casually? Why didn't you tell me?"

   "Well, her dad is Samsung's CEO, I couldn't do anything that could possibly hurt her in the end, right?"

   "But I guess it's okay to hurt me, because I don't have a dad, right?" I didn't wait for the answer and dropped the phone, as tears kept rolling down my face. I stayed frozen for a few seconds. Why is this happening to me? 

   Without a word, I turned around and walked slowly to the door, not bothering to raise my head. I just wanted to go home and lock myself in my room to never come out again. My mind was filled with only one thought: I've borne with two years of Hee Yeon's abuses, but if I could, I would take that a thousand times more instead of going through this.

   As I opened the door, Zelo blocked me. "Hyung, I think it's enough."

   I raised my head hesitantly and looked at him. He wiped away some of my tears and just then Dae Hyun backhugged me. "I love you."

   I scoffed. "At least make up your mind, Dae Hyun. I'm leaving, be happy with Ah Reum."

   "I've never had any doubt, sweetie."

   "What?" I turned my head to him and he chuckled.

   He let go of me and pointed to a corner of the living room. "Look at that."

   "A camera, so what?" I didn't understand at first, but then it hit me. I started crying again and dropped to the ground. "You have no idea how much I hate you both."

   "Wait, why are you crying again?" Zelo crouched next to me.

   "Do you want me to laugh? I'm so freaking mad right now!"

   "How long will it take until your anger vanishes?" Dae Hyun crouched, as Zelo stood up.

   "A lot of time." I glared at him and stood up. 

   "Where are you going?"

   "To the sofa, I don't want to stay on the floor." I said still sulking and he chuckled.

   "Hey, Rika, I guess you want to pick up this call." Zelo walked to me with his phone.

   "Who is it?" I asked taking the phone, but he didn't answer. "Hello?"

   "Sorry, sorry, sorry."

   "Ah, it's you, oppa."

   "I'm sorry, I felt really bad after you said that you could be hurt because you don't have a dad, I didn't want it to get to that point."

   "I still hate you."

   "Yeah, I kind of expected it. But I was only doind a favor to Dae Hyun hyung. At least the hidden camera was a success."

   "I still hate you."

   "I know."

   "Good." I hang up.

   "Do you want me to explain now?" Dae Hyun sat next to me.

   "Do as you please." I moved a little further from him on the sofa.

   "I'm introducing you as my girlfriend to everyone that wants to see."

   I looked at him a little suspicious. "Huh?"

   "This is the first filming of B.A.P's new reality show. We are going to be filmed 24/7. When you arrived, the cameras had just been installed. Zelo called me and I came immediately. The producers wanted to begin the show with something impactful, and suggested a hidden camera. We were supposed to deceive Him Chan hyung, but I convinced them to let me do it with you. They said that introducing a member's girlfriend would be bad for the show, because fans wouldn't like it and such, but I talked to the CEO and he allowed me to do it, so the producers ended up agreeing with it as well."

   It took me some time to understand what exactly had just happened. "Then, who is Ah Reum?"

   "Just a fan. A crazy one. She keeps following me around and acting as if we are close. She broke into our dorm twice while you were in Japan. I just used her name because you were already mad for yesterday. Ah, and Il Hoon has no idea who she is, I just told him what to say."

   "But...your dad said you talk a lot about her."

   "I do. I keep complaining about how annoying she is and everything."

   "Then what about being Samsung's CEO's daughter?"

   "I don't even know if that girl has parents. She may not even have a house, as she is following me around all the time." I nodded slowly and he chuckled. "Am I forgiven now?" 

   I made a face at him. "Not even close." Then I stared for some time at the camera.

   "What are you looking at?" He followed my gaze.

   "Come here. Zelo, you come too." I pulled both of them closer to the camera. "If I say something, will it be aired?"

   "It depends of what you say." Zelo answered.

   I nodded at him and looked back to the camera. "Hey, fangirls, I have two things to tell you. First: If you want this guy as more than just a bias," I grabbed Zelo's arm. "I have to approve you first." 

   "You know I'm already interested in someone, Rika." He whispered in my ear.

   "But he is already interested in someone."

   "Yah! You weren't supposed to say it!"

   I smirked at him. "And her name is Hye-" He covered my mouth with his hand.

   "Please edit this part out." He said to the camera.

   "Don't worry, even if this doesn't get aired, I will talk to Hye Ji, I thought you had already forgotten about her." I laughed slightly.

   "No, you won't."

   "Yes, I will. After what you just did to me, I can do anything I want to you, bestie. But stop interrupting me." I turned my gaze back to the camera. "And second: this guy here," I pulled Dae Hyun down by his shirt. "if you like him as an idol, fine, it's great, but if in the future you see him as something more than an idol, you better change your bias, because this one is already taken." I let go of his shirt and placed my hand on his cheek as I gave him a kiss.

   Zelo cleared his throat and pulled me, breaking the kiss. "Enough already." Dae Hyun made a face at him and I giggled.

   "Does this mean that I'm forgiven?" Dae Hyun looked at me brightly.

   "Nope. I'm just making myself clear. I still remember of you saying that I'm overly jealous, so you like other girls more." As he was about to say something, I remembered something else. "Wait a second. I'm sure I ended a call at that time. Who were you talking to?"

   "To me." Zelo raised his hand and I turned around.

   "But I would have noticed if it was written Zelo on the screen."

   "Hyung changed my name to Ah Reum for today."

   "You really thought about everything, huh?" I was still mad, but everything was so ridiculous that I couldn't help laughing. "Damn, I shouldn't have stopped by today." I placed my hand on my forehead and sighed. 

   The both of them laughed. "Yeah, thanks to your hunger we successfully finished our hidden camera."

   "Damn you, stomach." I patted my belly and frowned. "But what about the rest of the members? Where are they?"

   "In an interview. Talking about you."

   "What? Seriously?"

   "Yep. They are being asked what they think about me dating, what they think about you, stuff like that."

   "Hmm. I will end up getting a lot of haters like that."

   "Babyz, don't hate her. It's a request from oppa." He put his hands together as if praying and smiled to the camera.

   "Now they will hate me even more." I pouted and crossed my arms.

   Dae Hyun typed something on his phone and showed me.

   I will always protect you from anyone and anything. But enough of that, do you want to stay over for the night?

   Are you crazy? This tiny me alone with six guys for a whole night?

   Didn't I say I would protect you?

   You're the one who worries me the most, honey.

   I raised my brow at him and gave him his phone back.

   Because of the lack of privacy, we went out, the three of us, and came back only after sunset. I was still mad at them. Really mad. But deep inside I was happy. Because now I wouldn't have to worry about hiding my relationship with Dae Hyun. Yeah, I was relieved. But I was angrily relieved. Well, you got that.