Vacation

Cinderella Life

   Il Hoon asked me what happened last night. I guess I wasn't able to hide my happiness that well. I thought about an answer while drinking my milk.

   "My lips are not clean." I answered, still looking at my mug. He furrowed his eyes, staring at me.

   "Yes, they are." He tilted his head. Ambiguity has never been so useful.

   "Oh, really ?" I touched my lips, as if trying to feel if it was really dirty or not. "Look ! It's almost time to go to school, I have to get ready." I pointed to the clock on the wall and rushed out of the kitchen. No, I'm not ready to talk about Dae Hyun and I.

   Zelo was waiting at the school gates and immediately came to us.

   "Why didn't you answer me ? I could barely sleep as I was too curious !" He showed me my message on his cellphone.

   "So something actually happened yesterday !" Il Hoon came from behind me, snatching the cellphone from Zelo's hand.

   "Tell me, tell me, tell me !" Zelo repeatedly poked my arm.

   "Wait, you're not pregnant, right ?" Il Hoon forcefully turned my head to face him.

   "Hell no !" I slapped his hands away from my face. "And even if I had done something like that, I wouldn't know yet." I started walking to my class.

   As I was almost getting there, someone backhugged me. "Morning, babe." Oh, crap.

   I took his hands off and turned around. Il Hoon and Zelo were slightly wide eyed, but soon put a naughty smile on their faces. They came closer and made a 'oooooh' sound in each of my ears. I pushed them away and sent Dae Hyun a glare.

   "What ?" He blinked innocently.

   "You are really that comfortable with all this ?"

   "Yeah, why wouldn't I be ?" He shrugged.

   "Because it's kind of weird." I furrowed my brows.

   "I'm finally being a godfather~" Zelo sang, jumping around. I rolled my eyes.

   "Hang in there, buddy." Il Hoon got Zelo by the back of his collar, stopping him. "My little sister is not getting pregnant at the age of 16. And besides, I'll be the godfather of their first kid."

   "No way ! You can take the second one."

   "Nope. She's my sister, I have more rights than you do."

   "Then I'll be the godfather of the second and the third."

   "The fourth will be mine then."

   "Guys, I'm not a rabbit." I rolled my eyes, pushing them apart from each other.

   "I want four children, though." Dae Hyun kind of mumbled.

   "Too bad, honey." I shot him a fake smile.

   "How many do you want ?" He approached me.

   "Three."

   "Wow, what a huge difference !" He mocked.

   "And I want a girl and two boys, so your Y chromosomes better be strong, I don't want to end up with a bunch of girls."

   "We can keep trying, until we get as many boys as you want." He smirked.

   "Don't say this kind of things to her, hyung !" Zelo kind of screamed, covering my ears. "She's a baby." He whispered, but I heard perfectly and giggled.

   "I would be really thankful if you stopped talking about it." I said, while gently removing Zelo's hands from my ears. "We have about a minute until our classes start, so we better get going." I pulled Zelo towards our class.

   "Not even a kiss goodbye ?" Dae Hyun asked a little too loud for comfort.

   "Nope." I didn't look back and Zelo put his arm around my neck.

   "Yah, Choi Jun Hong ! Take your hands off my girl !"

   Just to I hugged Zelo's waist and leaned my head on his arm. We both looked back when we got to the front of our class and Dae Hyun was still on the same spot glaring at us. Zelo stuck his tongue out and I giggled.

   The bell rang and Dae Hyun sent us a last killer glare before being dragged away by Il Hoon.

   Just like that, weeks went by and we were three days away from our final exams. I was desperate, as usual, drinking Red Bull every day and night and locking the door so that Dae Hyun wouldn't bother me. Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm staying at his place, because at home I wouldn't be able to study whatsoever with Hee Yeon telling me to do the house chores.

   He constantly knocked on the door, asking if I needed any help, but truth be told, I know more than he does. Yes, that's right, a high schooler knows more than a sophomore. I know what you're thinking. Dae Hyun should be a junior, right ? Yep. But on seventh grade he went to the States to learn some English. He met some Korean people there and didn't learn anything, though. Idiot. But that's only because he used to teach me things he was learning when we were younger, because it helped him find out if he had actually understood that topic or not. As soon as he got into high school he stopped it, though. He didn't really care about studying anymore, he would only study enough to be sure he wouldn't fail. In my case, the fact that I knew things my colleagues would only learn in three years time allowed me to broaden my knowledge, as I didn't have to struggle too much to understand the topics we had just learnt in class and had time to learn other things.

   Zelo is really intelligent too, though it may not look like it. He at subjects I'm good at and I at subjects he's good at, most of the times, so we're able to help each other, which really comes in handy when the desperation pre-exams dominates us.

   Nothing interesting happened during the exams. I did well, Zelo did well, Il Hoon did well and Dae Hyun, well, he didn't fail.

   Now that exams are over, guess what ? Vacation has come ! Yoohoo~ !

   Christmas is coming as well. Snow hasn't fallen yet, and I don't want it to happen before Christmas. I have never seen the first snowflake falling on Christmas, it was always before or after it. It may sound silly, but it's always been my dream to have the first snowflake falling during the first minutes of December 25th.

   Anyway. Now that I'm on vacation I don't have anything to do. I haven't gone back home yet and I don't intend to do so that soon. I'm spending my days lying on the bed or on the sofa, playing games on my cellphone or doing nothing on Facebook. For now, I still consider this leisure the perfect life.

   It's 6:32 p.m. right now. Dad should be getting home soon and we'll go out to have dinner, just like everyday.

   You must be wondering about Dae Hyun, right ? Well, I once told him that the perfect boyfriend was a guy who could sing for me while playing the piano or the guitar. Guess what ? He's currently learning it. But not happy with only one, he's learning both. The bad thing about it is that he's out most of the time. Not that I care that much anyways, as, if he was here, the two of us would be lying down doing nothing. Then there would be one more useless being in the world.