Black

Cinderella Life

   [Flashback]

  Early 2008

  "Rika, who is your favorite singer ?" Dae Hyun turned to me.

  "Why ?"

  "Well, you always complain about the songs I sing to you, so I want to know who is your favorite singer so that I can sing songs you like."

  "Hm." I nodded. "It's not a singer, it's a group. Dong Bang Shin Ki." I answered brightly.

   "Alright then, I will learn their songs to sing them for you." He smiled.

   

   Later in 2008

   "I want to be a singer." Dae Hyun declared out of nowhere.

   "Erm... ok." I tilted my head, frowning slightly.

   "You know, you are the one who made me find out my dream."

   "What ?"

   "Because of you I've been listening a lot to Dong Bang Shin Ki's songs and I've noticed the way they pour their emotions out when they sing and also the way they can move the crowd with their songs. They really seem to enjoy what they do and I want to be just like them." I chuckled a bit.

   "Go for it then." I placed my hand on his shoulder. "But when you become famous, don't you dare forget your #1 fan right here." I pointed to myself.

   "What if I get too famous and start travelling around the world,, leaving you behind ?"

   "As long as you don't forget me I'll be happy for you.

 

   June 28th, 2011, 8:53 p.m. at the park

   "Happy birthday, oppa !" I ran to him and gave him a hug.

   "Thanks." He chuckled, my hair.

   "Here." I handed him a bag.

   "What is it ?" He took the bag with a bright smile on his face.

   "You will see."

   Dae Hyun took a box from the bag and opened it. There it was. The black hoodie.

   "Can I ask you why a hoodie ?"

   "Do I need to have a reason ?" I furrowed my brows.

   "You always have a reason."

   "Right." I bit my lip and he chuckled. "Well, I've been thinking. You've been a trainee for some time now, right ? I don't know when you'll have the chance to debut, but when you become famous and we stop seeing each other so often, I wanted you to have something to remember me."

   "I still don't get why a hoodie." He tilted his head.

   "I thought about giving you a necklace or a pendant, but I was afraid you would lose it, so I decided to buy you a hoodie, because you can take it anywhere and it's not easily lost."

   "Makes sense." He nodded slowly.

   "And" I stressed. "I want you to wear this hoodie in your fansign events, at the airport and everywhere you go."

   "As an idol I won't be able to always wear the same clothes though."

   "Of course you will. Who will stop you ? And besides, I'm helping you. Think about it, you can say that a girl gave you this and you will get rid of most of your fans who want to be your girlfriend. Most of them will most likely become haters, but who cares ? And then, if it becomes a scandal, you can say that the girl is your sister. It's the perfect plan !" I opened my arms and smiled widely, expressing my brilliant idea with my body.

   He chuckled. "Ok. I'll remember that."

   "I'm just kidding, you don't have to wear my hoodie all the time, only five days per week." He raised his brows, frowning. "Fine." I pouted. "I'll be happy if you wear it sometimes at home."

   "Deal." He messed my hair.

   "You better take good care of it, Jung Dae Hyun. I'll never forgive you if you lose it." I said sternly, pointing at him, but soon smiled.

   Suddenly, the streetlight exploded. Like, literally. It was dark and some shards of the glass from the streetlight had flown on us. None of the shards hit me, as Dae Hyun used his body to protect me, but him, on the other hand, was hit by a little shard under his ear.

   "Oppa, oppa, oppa, you're bleeding, oh my God, let's go to the hospital, let's call your dad, let's..." He interrupted my incredibly fast desperation.

   "Relax, sis. I'm ok." He held me by my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down. It didn't really work, but I stopped freaking out.

   "Does it hurt ?" I pushed him down to the bench, so I could see his cut.

   "How can you even see it's bleeding ? There's no light."

   "This is not the only streetlight in the area, silly. It's not pitch black, I can still see stuff." I rolled my eyes.

   "Hm." He nodded. "No, it doesn't hurt."

   "Liar." I examined the cut and, after making sure there was nothing inside his flesh, I took one of the Band-aids I always carry in my wallet and put it on his cut.

   "Thanks." He smiled, touching the Band-aid to make sure it was stuck properly.

   "You're welcome. Now let's go home, it's dark and it's getting scary to be here." I grabbed his hand and started walking out of the park.

   "I can always protect you, you know ?" He squeezed my hand and I giggled.

   "I know, oppa. Ah !" I stopped abruptly and turned to him. "I've found a new reason why I gave you a hoodie." He raised his brows, urging me to continue. "You are the one who always protects me, right ? Now you can pretend that I, the hoodie, am protecting you... from the cold !"

   He chuckled. "You'll protect me a lot more than I will protect you then." I just smiled, nodding with raised brows.

   "And you will never forget the day I gave you this hoodie, because it's black and you'll relate it to the darkness after the explosion of out streetlight, right ?" I clung to his arm. "Maybe this explosion is a good sign, it may mean you'll debut soon and your fame will spread as fast as an explosion !"

   "Right, my #1 fan" He ruffled my hair, chuckling, and we went home."

   [End of Flashback]