Big Girls Don't Cry

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8VJs4GIEVY

- Fergie

 

I hope you know, I hope you know

That this has nothing to do with you

It's personal, myself and I

We've got some straightenin' out to do

 

No One’s POV

“I’m what?!” Ji Hyo spluttered out.

“You’re engaged,” Mrs. Min repeated herself.

Ji Hyo shook her head as fat tears formed in her eyes. “Mom, so you’re actually expecting me to just obediently get married to a complete stranger without any protests whatsoever?!” she demanded, her words gradually increasing in volume as she spoke.

“Don’t use that tone with me, young lady.”

“Why should I listen to you? You’re the one who’s selling off your one and only child for money,” Ji Hyo scoffed.

“Min Ji Hyo, don’t you think you’re being a bit immature about this? I thought I raised you with so much more sophistication. Do you honestly believe that I want to do this? Do you honestly think that I’m happy with what’s going on? No, I’m not. The company is flat broke, okay? Flat. Broke. As a matter of fact, your father and I are actually in hiding right now as we speak. We owe a lot of money, all right? And the only way to keep the entire family, including yourself, is to arrange this marriage. Now, for heaven’s sake, please be nice to your fiancé, okay? He’s already waiting to meet you at the mansion,” and with that, Ji Hyo’s mother hung up on her.

Holding back her tears, Ji Hyo looked up at her butler and asked, “My fiancé? He’s already here?”

Chi Woo nodded solemnly and gestured toward the six, god-looking boys staring at Ji Hyo in terror.

“Who knew she was going to be this scary?” Jongup muttered quietly to his hyung, Himchan.

Himchan shushed him and said, “Don’t say that; she’s just a kid. She’s obviously afraid.”

“But she didn’t have to yell at her own mother like that,” Youngjae retorted.

“Neh. She is not filial,” Yongguk nodded in agreement.

“Err, hyungs? She’s staring at us,” Zelo suddenly cut off their discussion short.

All six members of the B.A.P boys cautiously walked toward the short girl. They all examined her carefully. Her wavy, long, black hair cascading down her back and both sides of her shoulders, her large, tearful eyes, her chubby cheeks, her obvious short height. It was safe to say she was neither beautiful nor ugly.

Just ordinary.

“I – I thought there was only going to be my fiancé here. Why are there six of you?” Ji Hyo asked in English.

Yongguk raised his eyebrow and Himchan tilted his head, confused. Why is she speaking in English? Zelo thought.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Yongguk imnida,” Yongguk bowed politely as he introduced himself to this short girl.

“Wha –?” Ji Hyo’s face was blank in confusion.

“She can’t speak Korean,” her butler explained to the boys in Korean.

It took a second or two for the shocking information to sink in. Out of the blue, the boys began protesting and letting out their disapproving opinions amongst each other.

“Yah! I have no idea what all of you are saying! I. Don’t. Know. Korean,” Ji Hyo blurted out.

“Ji Hyo,” her butler warned.

She then sighed in defeat and bowed in apology. “I’m sorry for being rude.”

Himchan patted her head and hesitantly spoke in English, “It’s all right. We, err, understand.”

Ji Hyo looked up tat him and shot him a look of incredulity. “Y – You can speak English?” All of them immediately burst into laughter, causing her cheeks to empurple instantly.

Wiping tears from his eyes as he tried to contain his guffaws, Youngjae spoke, “Of course we do! Gee, you don’t go out often, do you?” he sneered.

Ji Hyo rolled her eyes and crossed her arms to her chest in irritation. “I don’t come here to be mocked and laughed at, you know?”

“Arraso, arraso. Mianhae, Ji Hyo,” Jongup innocently apologized.

Everyone else facepalmed at what he said as Ji Hyo knitted her eyebrows in frustration. “Stupid,” she muttered rudely under her breath.

“What? Did I say something wrong?” Jongup turned to his hyung and asked.

Daehyun whacked the back of his head and explained in English to Ji Hyo, “He said he was sorry.”

“I see,” she nodded briefly.

“My name is Yongguk, and this is Daehyun, Himchan, Jongup, Youngjae and Zelo. Nice to meet you,” the leader held out his hand to Ji Hyo who wasn’t really paying attention to what he was saying at all.

She just ignored it and replied nonchalantly, “You too.”

“And what is your name?” Jongup asked, carefully pronouncing the English words.

“Min Ji Hyo,” Ji Hyo shortly replied, barely even making eye-contact.

“How polite of you, Min Ji Hyo,” Youngjae sarcastically retorted in Korean, earning a death glare from her butler.

“My h – house,” Ji Hyo suddenly stuttered as she stared in horror at her now completely empty house.

Himchan paused for a moment then hesitantly placed his hand on her shoulder. “Your things are ready in the car.”

“What?” Ji Hyo exclaimed, roughly shrugging Himchan’s hand away.

“Your mother did not tell you? You’re staying with us now.”

“I – I’m staying with six boys?” she turned to them and asked.

All of them nodded at once.

“Gee, this day just gets better and better,” Ji Hyo muttered sarcastically.

“You don’t have to be so rude, you know?” Yongguk snapped at her.

She skeptically raised an eyebrow and fearlessly lifted her chin higher. “Well, finding out that you’re going to be staying with six complete strangers isn’t exactly something to be optimistic about now, is it?” she challenged.

Yongguk took a step forward and opened his mouth to say something but was then stopped by Himchan. “She’s only a kid, hyung,” he warned in Korean.

Ji Hyo sighed loudly. “Again with the Korean speaking,” she spat out.

Daehyun rolled his eyes in annoyance and shook his head. “Spoilt brat,” he rearmed flatly, purposely speaking in English so that she understood what he said.

“Why, you little—”

“Anyways,” Jongup loudly interrupted Ji Hyo, “don’t you want to know who your fiancé is, Ji Hyo?” he asked as he tried to break the thick tension in the air.

Pouting immaturely, Ji Hyo nodded and scanned through all six of them, trying to figure out who it actually was.

“I am,” someone spoke up all of a sudden.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who can guess who's her fiance? :D