Last First Kiss

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzcv83OISWw

- One Direction

 

 

 Baby I, I wanna know

What you think when you’re alone

Is it me yeah? Are you thinking of me yeah?

We’ve been friends now for a while

Wanna know that when you smile

Is it me yeah? Girl, are you thinking of me yeah?

 

Ji Hyo’s POV 

I was packing my things and preparing to move to America whilst humming lightly to myself. It was then I stumbled upon one of the many scrapbooks I made about a year ago. It was one of my favorite scrapbooks.

It was a scrapbook of me and Zelo.

I flipped page after page and subconsciously began to let a grin play on my lips.

Inside was Polaroid pictures of me and him neatly glued onto the pages. Below each picture were captions scrawled with my favorite blue pen. Some of them were written by me and some were by Zelo.

I laughed hard when I saw a silly selca of me and him when we went to the Teddy Bear Museum. My chortles increased when I read the caption Zelo wrote. It said, “Even though we’re at museum filled with cute teddy bears, I still think this selca is cuter haha.” 

I then proceeded to reminisce on each and every picture. Tears from laughing and tears of sadness then began to flow down my cheeks.

It was then I realized why I wasn’t happy about going to America with Daehyun. I was going to miss everyone.

Zelo, to be exact.

Zelo was there for me ever since I moved in with B.A.P. He was there when I had a crush on Daehyun, he was there when me and Daehyun almost kissed, he was there for me when me and Daehyun were together, he always stood up for me when I was bullied by my classmates.

And even after that, he was the only person who I actually felt comfortable pouring my feelings out to. Even Daehyun, my boyfriend, couldn’t do that.

Zelo was the only person who knew me like the back of his hand.

Still lost in thought, I didn’t hear the sound of my room door creaking open. I instantly jumped as soon as I heard Zelo call my name.

Damnit. Why is my heart beating so fast? I thought to myself. “Calm down, Ji Hyo. Calm. Down,” I mentally chanted to myself.

My heart beat increased rapidly by the second and I couldn’t tear my eyes away from Zelo. Butterflies were furiously flapping their wings in my stomach as my best friend made his way towards me.

Idiot. Why are you feeling this way? I scolded myself in my head.

“Zelo!” I beamed but secretly cringed because I sounded too enthusiastic.

Lucky for me, he didn’t seem to notice as he grinned charmingly at me in response.

He’s so good looking. His smile is so perfect and — wait, what am I thinking? Why do I have thoughts like this for Zelo?

I mentally slapped myself.

“Packing, huh?” Zelo asked as his gaze shifted to the stack of boxes filled with all of my stuff that was next to me.

“Yeah . . .” I nodded and faked a smile.

“Ji Hyo . . .” he started but then hesitated.

“What?” I replied too quickly.

Not even making eye contact with me, Zelo started nervously shuffling his feet together. Silence came through him for another minute.

“Zelo, what is it? You can tell me anything.” I bit my lip whilst sensing the awkward aura floating around between us.

“Anything?” He seemed to ponder on that.

“Yes! Anything!” I nearly cried out of anxiousness but managed to control my volume.

“I can tell you’re not happy about moving away.”

My eyes widened in disbelief. “What makes you say that?” 

“Ji Hyo.” Zelo took a step closer, causing my heart to palpitate even more than it already was.

“Wha – what?” I stammered and my cheeks reddened.

“I know you. I know when you’re happy, I know what you’re like when you’re happy. And I am a hundred percent sure you aren’t happy now.”

“But —” I started but was cut off by him. 

“You shouldn’t even try to pretend when you’re with me. I can tell. I’ve been your best friend for like a year now. I’ve been there for you during every happy moment, every sad situation. Even when you were stressed out about your exams, I stayed up to tutor you.”

“Zelo . . .”

“I was even there to comfort you every time you and Daehyun hyung had an argument,” he added a little too quietly. 

“I —” I tried to say something but couldn't. 

“Ji Hyo, even though I know you don’t feel the same way, but I thought you deserved to know before you left. I love you. I’ve been in love with you from the very beginning. Even before you were with Daehyun hyung. I’ve tried my best to let you go but I couldn’t. And when you started telling me your problems, I decided for us to become best friends. I thought I would be able to let go but instead, I fell harder for you. You don’t feel the same way and I know you don’t. So I hope you and Daehyun hyung will be happy together in America. I hope he treats you well. Ji Hyo, saranghaeyo.”

My heart was threatening to pump out of my chest. My mouth was completely dry and I couldn’t let out a single word.

Do something, you idiot! I screamed in my head. 

Next thing I knew, I kissed him. No, he didn’t kiss me. 

I kissed him.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JENG JENG JENG JEEEENNNGGG