Torn

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYAhku6gKQA

- Natalie Imbruglia

 

I’m all out of faith,

This is how I feel

I’m cold and I am shamed,

Lying broke on the floor

Illusion never changed,

Into something real

 

No One’s POV

“I am,” someone spoke up all of a sudden.

Ji Hyo turned her gaze to the tallest one among the six B.A.P boys. “Pardon me?” she questioned, her eyes as wide as saucepans.

“I’m your fiancé,” the maknae repeated himself.

Ji Hyo studied him closely. He was extremely tall, compared to the others, which was a huge contrast to her short height. He had a slightly square-ish jaw and an innocent smile. What really bothered her was his hair: it was blue. Well, technically blonde and blue, but seriously?

Blue? Of all colors?

“And your name is . . .?” she asked rudely.

“Jun Hong, but everyone calls me Zelo.”

“Great, my husband-to-be has blue hair,” she muttered sarcastically.

Yongguk sighed and announced, “It had been a long day; we should get back to the house,” as he ushered a fuming Ji Hyo into the car.

Ji Hyo stared at the red, worn-out vehicle in horror and then hesitantly pulled open the door. After rolling their eyes in annoyance, the B.A.P boys got into the mini-van as well.

The car ride was painfully silent and awkward as all eyes were on Ji Hyo. Stifling a yawn, Ji Hyo decided to rest her eyes for a minute or two but soon fell into a deep slumber, snoring softly.

Zelo smiled at her sleeping figure and thought to himself, So this is my fiancée? The next few years should be interesting.

* * *

“We’re here, wake her up,” Yongguk ordered.

Ji Hyo groaned and immediately shot up when Daehyun, who was sitting beside her, roughly shook her shoulder to wake her up. She got out of the car groggily and struggled to carry all her belongings into the house.

“Here, let me help you,” Zelo kindly offered as he took the heavy luggage from her hands.

She gave him a small, grateful smile and followed Himchan into the two-storey house.

“She’s nicer when she’s sleepy,” Youngjae snickered.

Himchan led a very sleepy Ji Hyo upstairs and to her room which used to belong to him whilst Zelo placed her things into the room. “We didn’t know what color you liked so we’ll paint it tomorrow, all right?” Himchan playfully ruffled her hair.

“Thanks. I guess I’ll be going to bed now.” She gave him a weak smile.

Himchan nodded and said, “Sleep well, Ji Hyo.”

“You too. Err, sorry about my behavior just now.” Ji Hyo blushed and fixed her gaze on the wooden floor.

Himchan just gave her a toothy grin and patted her head. And with that, he walked off into his shared room with Yongguk.

Ji Hyo sighed as her gaze scanned across the room. It was plain white with a tall floor-length window, allowing the moonlight to enter the otherwise pitch-black bedroom. Her bed was at the far corner of the room and she even had a toilet of her own. The wardrobe, bedside table and vanity were the color of chocolate brown. It was simple, but stylish at the same time.

Ji Hyo propped all her belongings into one of the corners of the room. She rummaged through all her bags and took out her toiletries and her Hello Kitty pajamas. It was then she noticed that all her dresses weren’t with her. The only clothes that were in those over-stuffed bags were her blouses and skirts, and the casual clothes Chi Woo and she bought earlier that day. Just the thought of not being able to have that life ever again made her eyes water.

Furiously blinking her tears away, Ji Hyo quickly washed up and got changed into her matching Hello Kitty shirt and shorts. She then sat upright in her bed and reality finally sank in. She was engaged. She was no longer living in the mansion. She was not living with six teenage boys she barely knew. Her parents were in hiding. Subconsciously, her quickly formed tears she had been trying so hard to hold back started to stream down her face. Within minutes, she was sobbing hard all by herself.

Daehyun, who was making his way to his and Youngjae’s room, heard her muffled sobs. He then peeped through the slightly ajar door and his eyes softened. Biting his lower lip, he crept into Yongguk and Himchan’s room where he found everyone else seated on the floor in there. Without any questioning, he quietly sat crossed-legged next to Youngjae.

“She’s so . . . argh!” Yongguk exclaimed in frustration as he ran a hand through his pink-blonde hair.

“Give her a break, hyung, she already apologized . . .” Himchan tried to defend Ji Hyo, his sentence faltering slightly out of fear.

“But she was so rude!” the leader exploded. The two maknaes and Youngjae flinched at the sudden raised of voice as Himchan clamped his mouth shut.

“Sh – She was frightened . . .” Jongup stuttered out as a failed attempt to calm Yongguk down.

“I don’t care! That isn’t a reason to —”

“She’s crying as we speak,” Yongguk was interrupted by Daehyun’s input in the conversation. His heart immediately softened and turned to Daehyun for confirmation.

“She is,” Daehyun nodded firmly.

“Hyung . . .” Zelo spoke up.

“All of you, come with me,” Yongguk commanded sternly.

“But —!”

“No protests!” he cut Youngjae off. And with that, all six of them, including a pouting Youngjae, made their way to Ji Hyo’s room.

“Ji Hyo? Can we . . . come in?” Yongguk lightly knocked on the door, but there was no response. Cautiously, he pushed open the door only to find Ji Hyo and her tear-filled eyes staring at them. All of the boys’ hearts immediately twisted in pain as she sniffled and blinked away her tears a couple of times.

“What are all of you doing in my room? I didn’t say you could come in! The door is closed for a reason, you know?!” she shouted at them, hastily wiping fresh puddles of tears that were formed in her eyes.

All six of them just froze in their respectful spots.

“Well? What are you waiting for? An ? Cause I sure don’t own one anymore! Leave!” Ji Hyo shouted once more. This time, throwing her Pororo plush toy right into Yongguk’s face.

Slightly flabbergasted, Himchan said hastily, “Come on, everyone. Let’s just go.” He gestured for his dongsaengs and a gobsmacked Yongguk to leave Ji Hyo alone.

“Sleep well, Ji Hyo,” Jongup quietly said as he gently closed the door and walked off.

Ji Hyo then sighed and held herself tight, eventually falling asleep into an uneasy slumber.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pssh, what a spoiled brat. @.@

Although, poor Yongguk, having a plush Pororo thrown in his face.