Ours

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asOQolzLCU0 - Taylor Swift

 

 

So don’t you worry your pretty little mind

People throw rocks at things that shine

And life makes love look hard

The stakes are high, the water’s rough, but this love is ours

 

No One’s POV

“Woot, woot! Go, Daehyun!” B.A.P members, who were watching the nature scene unfold from the balcony, cheered.

Ji Hyo, who felt Daehyun grinning during the kiss, pulled away shyly and started to blush. Daehyun just stood there with a goofy grin as the taste of Ji Hyo’s lips still lingered on his.

“OMO! We just ruined their romantic moment,” Jongup gasped.

“Yahh! Don’t stop because of us!” Himchan whined.

“Come on, you guys. Let’s leave those two love birds alone,” Yongguk winked as he led the others back into the house.

Still blushing, Ji Hyo stammered, “M – Marry me?”

“Yes JiJi-yah. I promise to marry you,” Daehyun nodded firmly.

“I’m engaged to Zelo . . .” Ji Hyo sighed. As much as she wanted to be with Daehyun, at the end of it all, she was going to marry Zelo anyways. 

“Run away with me,” Daehyun asked, his eyes sparkled with hope.

“Like Peter Pan? Pfft. Cheesy,” Ji Hyo joked.

“I mean it.”

“But —”

“But what? Don't you want to be with me?” Daehyun asked, hurt at the fact that his own girlfriend doesn’t feel the same way.

“I do —”

“Then promise me that you’ll run away with me,” Daehyun cut her off again as he squeezed both her small hands using his.

“I – I . . . I promise . . .” Ji Hyo gave Daehyun a small smile.

“I love you.”

“I love you too, Daehyun Oppa,” she nodded as tears of joy started streaming down her face. 

 

* * *

 

“Annyeong, Oppa!” Ji Hyo grinned as she back hugged her boyfriend who was talking to one of his classmates.

“Annyeong,” Daehyun’s classmate waved, taking Ji Hyo’s entrance as his cue to go.

“JiJi-yah!” Daehyun smiled as he gently rubbed her arms using his thumb.

“I missed you,” Ji Hyo buried her face into his back and said.

“I missed you more~”

Giggling, Ji Hyo finally let go of Daehyun and practically hopped to her lover’s side. “How did you do in your quiz, oppa?” she tilted her head upwards as Daehyun slung his arms around her shoulder. She remembered about his quiz.

“I . . . err . . . failed . . .” he replied sheepishly.

“Yahh! Didn’t you study?” Ji Hyo started hitting his arm and asked.

“I did, but —”

“It was because you went looking for that pendant for me. That’s why you didn’t study, wasn’t it?” Ji Hyo bit her lower lip.

“Well, not exactly. I —”

“Tell me the truth, Oppa,” Ji Hyo scrunched her eyebrows together and childishly folded her arms to her chest.

Sighing deeply, Daehyun nodded and shamefully stared at the ground.

“Oppa! You should’ve studied!” Ji Hyo began to lecture the taller boy after everything her boyfriend had said about tests.

“Don’t worry about it, arraseo? Oppa will study for the next quiz,” Daehyun tried to calm her down. “I promise.”

“But you said it yourself. Every quiz is important,” Ji Hyo repeated her boyfriend’s exact words he had once said to her.

All of a sudden, a very flustered Zelo ran up to them with a huge grin on his face. “Ji Hyo! Ji Hyo!” he called out.

“What is it, maknae?” Daehyun asked and tilted his head towards his fellow housemate.

“I have someone who wants to see you, Ji Hyo,” he beamed.

 

* * *

 

“Choi Jun Hong, I’m going to murder you,” Ji Hyo whispered harshly through gritted teeth as she stared at the married couple. She could not believe they were actually here.

“Wae?” Zelo blinked with a confused expression on his face. “Don’t you want to see your parents?”

“No. I definitely do not want to see the people who sold me off to save their sorry butts,” she muttered darkly under her breath which only Zelo heard.

Mr. Min cleared his throat loudly and interrupted Ji Hyo and Zelo’s conversation, looking pointedly at his daughter. “Aren’t you going to greet your parents?” he questioned.

“Umma, Appa,” Ji Hyo nodded briefly.

“She didn’t even bow. How rude,” Mrs. Min scoffed as she stuck her nose up arrogantly.

“Gee. I wonder what I got that from,” Ji Hyo retorted under her breath.

Sensing the obvious awkwardness in the air, Daehyun spoke up to clear the tension, or at least tried to, “Annyeonghasaeyo Mr. and Mrs. Min. I’m Daehyun, Ji Hyo’s boyfriend. It’s very nice to meet you,” he bowed politely and flashed them a charming smile.

“Boyfriend? Oh my. And what do your parents do?” Mrs Min squinted her eyes and mentally began to judge the brown haired boy

Ji Hyo instantly squeezed Daehyun’s arm as a warning to not answer that question.

Daehyun on the other hand didn't get the hint and replied, “Both my parents work in Busan, ma’am.”

“Busan? Is that where poor people live?” Mrs. Min crinkled her dainty nose in disgust.

“Umma . . .” Ji Hyo shot her mother a look of warning.

“What? It’s true, isn’t it? From what I hear, people from Busan lack something. So tell me Dae whatever your name is, what do you lack?” Mrs. Min mocked.

“Daehyun. His name is Daehyun. And he doesn’t lack anything. In fact, to me, he’s perfect!” Ji Hyo defended her boyfriend as she glared hard at her own mother.

“Oh please, Ji Hyo. You don’t get it, do you? People like him have to work hard to earn a living. You being with him will only just be torture to yourself. After all, you have been living in a rich lifestyle for the past fifteen years.”

“Yeah. And that all changed when you decided to sell me off,” Ji Hyo scoffed.

“I bet he has to study hard to get into a good college as well, doesn’t he?” Mrs. Min smirked, ignoring the last remark.

That struck Ji Hyo instantly. What her mom said was true. Daehyun has to study hard to get into a good college and find a good job. And Ji Hyo telling him her petty problems weren’t exactly helping him. “Uh . . .” Ji Hyo was speechless.

“Why don’t you just listen to your mother and break up with him, huh?” Mr. Min chimed in, making Daehyun to glance fearfully at his girlfriend.

“No. I won’t. I won’t break up with him,” Ji Hyo shook her head furiously as tears began to form in her eyes.

“And why is that?” Mrs. Min raised her voice in annoyance.

“Because I love him!” Ji Hyo shouted.

“Min Ji Hyo. If you don’t break up with him right now, you aren’t my daughter anymore,” Mrs. Min threatened dangerously.

“Then I guess you don't have a daughter anymore,” Ji Hyo shot back as she instantly grabbed Daehyun by the hand and pulled him out of the room with Zelo following after them.

“I’m sorry, Ji Hyo-yah! I thought I was doing you a favour by letting you see your parents,” Zelo bowed sadly as soon as they were out of sight.

Laughing as her tears rolled down her eyes, Ji Hyo ruffled his hair and said, “It’s not your fault, Zelo. Don’t blame yourself; you didn’t know.

And yet, her mother’s words kept replaying in her mind. 

And on that day, Ji Hyo made another promise for her relationship’s good. She promised not to bother Daehyun with her problems anymore. Besides, she could always tell Zelo which was practically her closest friend ever. Determined to see Daehyun graduate and go into a good college, Ji Hyo bit her lower lip as she secretly made her promise.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OTL her parents Dx

Double-updated cos I can :P

Lemme tell you...it gets pretty interesting in the latter chapters /sobs\ my friend's such a good writer x_x