I Do (Cherish You)

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjmwDQNC0gU - 98 Degrees

 

 

I do cherish you.

For the rest of my life.

You don’t have to think twice.

I will love you still.

From the depths of my soul it’s beyond my control.

I’ve waited so long to say this to you.

If you’re asking do I love you this much, baby I do

 

No One’s POV

Daehyun strolled happily down the freshman’s hallway with a bright smile on his face and a gigantic bouquet of Ji Hyo's favourite flowers — red roses — in his hands. Normally he wouldn’t walk down the hallway where the freshman uses but today was a special day. It was the day Ji Hyo and him were together for precisely a month.

“That's Daehyun oppa.”

“Awh. He bought roses for Ji Hyo. That's so sweet.”

“Pfftt. She doesn’t deserve such a sweet and handsome boyfriend.”

“OMO! Dump her and get together with me already, oppa,” another girl said but more to herself in fear Daehyun would glare at her.

Geez. Does Ji Hyo really get all this hate every day? Daehyun thought to himself as he made a turn to the left only to see Ji Hyo and Zelo making their way towards him.

Daehyun hid behind the wall as he secretly watch Ji Hyo talk cheerfully with the maknae. The corner of his lips perked up at the sound of Ji Hyo’s distinctive laughter. She’s so adorable, even when I only hear her.

All of a sudden, a girl, who Daehyun assumed was also a freshman, stuck her foot out at Ji Hyo and caused Ji Hyo to trip and fall.

“Yah!” Daehyun shouted in a distressed tone and sprinted quickly to help up his girlfriend. “Are you alright?” he panicked.

“Ye – Yeah,” Ji Hyo nodded. “Happens every day,” she muttered under her breath, assuming that Daehyun didn't hear her.

But he did.

Every day?!” Daehyun's eyes enlarged.

“Uh . . . heh . . . yeah . . .?” Ji Hyo shyly rubbed the back of her neck. 

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because, hyung,” Zelo started, coming to her aid. “Ji Hyo knows you’re very stressed out with your studies and everything. So she doesn’t want to bother you.”

Daehyun cupped Ji Hyo’s face and stared fiercely into her eyes. “Bother me?” he asked her in a dangerously low voice.

“Yes! Bother you!” Ji Hyo snapped.

“My cue to go,” Zelo announced and awkwardly stalked off.

“But —”

“I get hate every day. Every day. I can’t take it anymore. I’ve been pushed, tripped and heck, even stepped on by all your little fangirls. Do you know what it’s like to walk into class every day and know — not suspect, know — that every girl in there is talking about you, dissing you, spreading false rumours about you, hoping I’d believe them and break up with you? I swear they really need to grow up and stop being so delusional. I can’t stand it, Daehyun. I’ve become so self-conscious and insecure within each passing day,” Ji Hyo cut him off.

“What do you want me to do?” Daehyun asked with sincere concern.

“Just leave! Leave me alone! Okay? Just — leave me alone!” Ji Hyo almost shouted as hot tears began to fall from her eyes.

“Oh. . . . Okay. I’ll leave.” Daehyun nodded as he slowly began to walk away.

“Wait, no. I didn’t mean it,” Ji Hyo started to panic and reached for his arm.

Lightly shrugging her off, Daehyun shook his head and made his way out the school entrance with the bouquet of roses still in his hand, deeply hurt.

“I didn’t mean it!” Ji Hyo called out in desperation as she tried to go after him but failed. 

 

“Yongguk, have you seen Daehyunnie oppa?” Ji Hyo asked worriedly as she walked into the shared home. She glanced around and saw no sign of Daehyun.

“Yah! Ji Hyo! Where have you been?” Zelo ran up to them and asked.

“I was . . . uh . . . looking for Daehyun . . .” she nervously replied him as she fiddled with her thumbs.

“What happened?”

“We . . . uh . . . had an argument . . .” Ji Hyo replied her classmate as her sentence trailed off at the end. She bowed her head in shame.

“Yongguk hyung have you seen Ji Hy — oh, hi, Ji Hyo! There you are!” Youngjae suddenly appeared from nowhere.

“Why were you looking for me, Jae?” Ji Hyo titled her head to the left a bit.

“Dae hyung texted me to tell you to meet him outside," Youngjae replied as he nodded his head towards the door.

“But I just walked in —”

Shrugging, Youngjae walked off without even a reply.

“Well? What are you waiting for? Go!” Yongguk urged her.

“Yeah . . . go . . . go to Daehyun hyung, Ji Hyo . . .” Zelo reluctantly added. Even though he was still in love with Ji Hyo, he didn’t want to see her hurt. And her being with Daehyun was the only way to make her happy.

With a nod, Ji Hyo, who was still in her uniform, stepped out of the door with uncertainty building up in the pit of her stomach.

“Ji Hyo,” Daehyun grinned madly when he saw her.

“Daehyun, I —” JiHyo tried to apologize.

“Shhh. Let me talk first, all right?” Daehyun cut her off as he revealed the bouquet of roses (from earlier that day) that he had been hiding behind his back.

“Rose number one means I promise to make you smile every morning,” he said as he handed her a rose from the bouquet.

“Rose number two, I promise to shower you with gifts,” he proceeded whilst giving Ji Hyo his signature eye smile and another identical rose.

Ji Hyo’s eyes began to well up with tears.

“Number three, I promise to treat you like a princess. Four and five means I would love you no matter what and promise to sing you to sleep every night.” Daehyun said with a proud smile on his face, which made her giggle.

He’s so sweet, she thought.

“Six and seven, I promise to cheer you up when you’re sad and I promise to make you feel beautiful inside and out.”

She softened. Daehyun oppa . . .

He eagerly stepped forward and gave Ji Hyo three more roses. “Eight, nine and ten. I promise to take you out on romantic dates, I promise to share my cheesecake with you and I promise to cuddle with you when you're cold.”

Ji Hyo smiled shyly at him. She counted the number of roses left. “Paboya.  What about eleven and twelve?” she asked curiously.

He beamed broadly and said, “Eleven, I promise to laugh at all your lame jokes.”

“Excuse me?” Ji Hyo asked in an offended tone.

He laughed and gave her the last rose. “Lastly, Ji Hyo, my final promise, I promise that I’ll marry you someday,” and with that, he pulls out a silver infinity sign shaped pendant and placed it around her neck. “This isn’t just any pendant. This is a promise. A promise that I will marry you one day. A promise that I will keep all the other promises I told you,” he smiled as he pulled Ji Hyo into a passionate kiss. “I love you, JiJi-yah.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cheeji, OTL X_X