Best Friend

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F_8kp7l3_Y

- Jason Chen

 

I pray for all your love

Girl, our love is so unreal

I just wanna reach and touch you, squeeze you,

Somebody pinch me

This is something like a movie

And I don’t know how it ends

But I fell in love with my best friend

 

Daehyun’s POV

I think I like you too.

“You do?” I asked Ji Hyo with a look of incredulity in my eyes.

Ji Hyo bit her lower lip and shyly nodded in response.

My gaze, which was still locked with Ji Hyo’s, slowing traveled down to her plump lips. They looked so soft, so kissable and they were too close to mine. It was as if all I had to do was to lean forward and my lips would’ve met hers.

She noticed me staring at her lips and instantly started nervously chewing them. I chuckled softly at how adorable she was when she was nervous.

Slowly leaning in towards her, I placed my hand on her nape and lightly pushed it towards me. Just as our lips were about to meet, the room door opened.

“Daehyunnie hyung, Himchan hyung wants you and Ji Hyo to go downstairs. We’re going shop —” Jongup stopped in the middle of his sentence and stared wide eyed at us.

“J – Jongup,” Ji Hyo instantly pulled away and stood up from the bed. She was trying to keep a poker face but failed because she was blushing furiously.

“Were you and Daehyun hyung about to kiss?” Jongup asked, obviously feeling very awkward.

“O – Of course n – not!” Ji Hyo stammered, the tips of her ears began to redden.

“Don’t lie~~” He wiggled his eyebrows cheekily.

“Yah! Moon Jongup!” I said but secretly gave him a nod followed by a cheeky wink.

Jongup gave me a knowing smile and said, “We’re going shopping now,” and then he lead us down the stairs.

“Yah! What took you so long?” Himchan said in an impatient tone whilst pouting deeply.

“They were about to —” Jongup started but was then cut off when I elbowed him in the ribs.

“Hyung!” he whined, whilst rubbing the spot where I had hit him.

“Mianhae?” I said innocently as I gave him my signature eye smile.

 

Ji Hyo’s POV

“It’s time for back to school shopping!” Yongguk announced with a gummy smile on his face.

“Did all your parents send you the money you need?” Himchan placed his arms to his waist and asked. He definitely was the ‘mom’ of the group.

A chorus of yeses was the response he received.

“M – Money?” I choked out, my eyes wide enough to fall off their sockets.

Zelo place an arm on my shoulders in a friendly way and said, “Don't worry Ji Hyo-yah, my parents gave me enough money for the both of us to use!” he cheered happily.

Daehyun, whose eyes never once left me, shot us a disapproving look and walked away.

“Wart’s wrong with Daehyunnie hyung?" Zelo frowned.

I cautiously looked around and said, “Promise me you won’t tell anyone, all right?”

Zelo nodded with a puzzled expression on his face.

“We almost kissed,” I said in a low voice, making sure nobody other than Zelo heard me.

“Y – You almost kissed?” Zelo asked with an unreadable expression on his face.

I nodded shyly and hung my head low in embarrassment.

“W – We should get going,” Zelo grimly said and started walking towards the others, leaving me standing by myself with a confused look on my face.

 

Zelo’s POV

Why does my heart hurt so much? Why do I get a sense of bitterness towards Daehyun hyung? Why do I feel like punching him in the face every time I see him talk to Ji Hyo? What’s going on?

Millions of questions were running through my mind as I stared off in space with a puzzled look on my face.

“Zelo-ah, come and try on your new uniform!” Himchan hollered at me.

“Mmm?” I said with a dazed look in my eyes.

“What’s wrong with you? You seem . . . fazed . . . today. . .”

“Anniyah! It’s nothing, hyung! Please do not worry about me.” I forced a smile and innocently scratched the back of my neck.

Himchan narrowed his eyes at me but decided to let it pass.

“Daehyunnie~ come here and try out your uniform too~” he sang.

“What do you want, hyung?” Daehyun hyung spat out with a bitter tone.

“Geez. What's wrong with you?” Himchan rolled his eyes.

“None of your business,” Daehyun replied coldly and sulked off.

“Well, I guess we’ll go back to school shopping some other day; it’s obvious that some people aren’t exactly in the mood,” Himchan hyung glared hard at Daehyun.

“No! I really want to go shopping!” Ji Hyo protested, trying her best to cut the tension.

Himchan, who had a soft spot for Ji Hyo, lightly ruffled her hair and said, “Tomorrow, okay, Ji Hyo-yah~? We're really tired now.”

Ji Hyo nodded obediently and said, “Promise?” and held her pinky up.

“Promise,” Himchan smiled, linking both their pinkies together.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohoh! They nearly kissed and then Jonguppie -blocked them. Poor Zelo D: