Invisible Man

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQW2ZpoE74U

- 98 Degrees

 

I wish you'd look at me that way 

Your beautiful eyes looking deep into mine 

Telling me more than any words could say 

But you don't even know I'm alive 

Baby, to you all I am is the invisible man

 

No One’s POV

“Morning Ji Hyo-ah~~~” Himchan cooed greasily as the others braced themselves for the worst.

“Yah, did the princess sleep well?” Yongguk spoke in Korean mockingly.

“Good morning, Himchan.” Ji Hyo’s lips cracked into a smile, choosing to ignore whatever the leader had said.

“Waah! She smiled!” Youngjae sneered.

“Eh?” She tilted her head over to him.

“It’s nothing, Ji Hyo-ah,” Himchan lightly pinched her chubby cheek.

“Good morning, Ji Hyo!” Jongup said as he gave her a bright smile.

“Morning, Jongup,” she replied, trying her best to match his enthusiasm.

“You’re not . . . mad . . . anymore?” Zelo asked hesitantly.

Ji Hyo shook her head and let out a light laugh. “Nope, not anymore,” she promised him, flashing a bright smile.

“You’re being friendlier,” Daehyun whispered into her ears as she sat down on the stool next to him. “Impressive.”

She shrugged and smiled. “Just following your advice.”

Himchan placed a stack of warm pancakes in front of her and said, “You don’t have to eat it if you don’t want to . . .”

Ji Hyo paused for a moment and then — to everyone’s surprise — she picked up her fork and took a bite of the pancake. “Uwaahh ~ it’s so yummy!” She her lips and proceeded to eat her breakfast.

Ignoring the looks of incredulity from the B.A.P boys, she asked, “Did you make all of this, Himchan?” She gestured to all the food on the table.

Himchan, who was too gobsmacked to even speak, nodded slowly.

“Wow! You cook all the meals?” Ji Hyo asked, out of pure curiosity.

“Err . . . yeah . . .”

“Okay then! Can I help you prepare lunch later? It must be tough to cook for seven people all by yourself.” She gave a guilty look. “Heh. Even though I’m not exactly the best cook,” Ji Hyo chirped happily.

Himchan, who was at a loss for words, just nodded with his mouth gaping wide open.

“Well, I’m done with my food. Thank you, Himchan, for the yummy pancakes!” Ji Hyo said cheerfully as she set her spoon and fork down onto the plate.

“Wait, where are you going?” Jongup asked, his mouth filled with pancakes.

“Nowhere, to be honest. My room, maybe?” Ji Hyo scrunched her eyebrows together and jutted her lower lip slightly.

“Why don’t you spend the day with us, then?” Daehyun suggested.

Ji Hyo’s eyes nearly fell out of their sockets as she stared incredulously at the brown-haired boy. “T – That’s okay, Daehyun. I’m sure the other boys have their own plans for today. And I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t want to spend a full day with a so-called-brat like me,” she muttered the last part to herself under her breath.

“I don’t see why not. I have no plans today and the shop isn’t open so Himchan hyung and Yongguk hyung are free too,” Zelo happily chimed in.

Youngjae just shrugged and added, “Meh, I finished most of my homework, anyway. And I don’t have to start studying yet because school doesn’t reopen for another two weeks.” He gave Ji Hyo a small smile.

“Wha – What about Jongup?” Ji Hyo, who was rather stunned by their sudden generosity, asked.

“Nope, I’m free,” Jongup smiled brightly, giving his hyungs a thumbs-up.

“Then it’s settled, Ji Hyo is going to spend the day with us,” Daehyun announced, smiling broadly as he folded his arms across his chest.

“You guys aren’t serious, are you? I mean, what if she throws another tantrum?” Yongguk protested in Korean.

Ji Hyo turned to him and shot him a stone-hard glare. “You know, just because I don’t understand Korean does not mean I cannot tell by your tone that you are protesting.” And with that, she stood up from her stool and announced, “I’m going to get ready now.”

Making sure that Ji Hyo was already out of earshot, Yongguk began complaining. “I can’t believe that you actually suggested that prissy, little princess to spend one whole day with us,” he pointed accusingly at Daehyun.

“I don’t see what the problem is,” Daehyun firmly replied.

“What if she throws another tantrum, huh? This time, in public! It’s going to be so embarrassing,” Yongguk warned.

“Take a chill pill, hyung, you saw how she acted today. She’s better now,” Zelo defended his future wife.

“Are you talking back to me?” the leader challenged the maknae.

“But Zelo is just stating the truth, hyung,” Youngjae chipped in whilst finishing the rest of his cereal. “Mmm, yummy.”

Yongguk shot him the glare which instantly sent shivers down everyone’s spine.

“I think she’s pretty,” Himchan mused absentmindedly.

“Ugh.” Yongguk scrunched his face up in disgust.

“Don’t make that face, Yongguk hyung. You’re no better,” Himchan joked and cracked up laughing to himself.

“In fact, I think he looks worse,” Jongup accidentally blurted out and immediately cupped his mouth with his hand in fear, darting a horrified look over at Yongguk.

“Yah! Moon Jongup!”

“So, where are we going?” Their discussion was cut short when Ji Hyo walked into the room, dressed and ready to go.

All of them paused with their eyes wide open as Ji Hyo stared expectantly at them.

“Lotte World,” Daehyun cheered as he cheekily slung his arms on her shoulder and led her out of the door.

“Flirt,” Youngjae snickered to Zelo.

“Erm . . . yeah . . . haha . . .” Zelo awkwardly replied, not once keeping his eyes off Daehyun and his fiancée.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Poor Zelo D:

Anyway, if you're wondering why Ji Hyo doesn't call them 'oppa', it's because she's not used to the custom of it, especially since she was raised in the Western/English ways where they don't really have formalities like China, Korea, Malaysia, Phillipines and anywhere else that do. :D