Wedding Dress (Part I)

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJi1WBFBlck

- Jason Chen's Cover

 

Memories that we have shared, songs that I sang before

All the sleepless nights we spent talking on the phone

Melodies inside my head are your your yours alone

And now baby its time for you to come home

Don't you remember how you told me that I'm your first love?

Well baby you should know that I just want the best for us

Girl, this is so wrong and I've held this in for too long

I pray that you will leave him and come home

 

 

Daehyun’s POV

“So how’ve you been?” Ji Hyo asked curtly, taking a seat on one of the dusty, underused wooden chairs that were detained in the antique style, plaster ceiling covered room. Her bangs blocked her eyes as she lowered her head to smoothen out the creases that formed on her elegantly embroidered dress.

She was so . . . beautiful . . . flawless . . . perfect.

Snapping myself from the trance her beauty had put me in, a grin began to graze onto my face.

“Why are you smiling?” her perfectly shaped left eyebrow raised, revealing more of the perfectly applied eyeshadow that Himchan hyung had obviously did for her. 

Drawing in the vanilla-like scent that was her perfume, I answered her despite the fact that I was still somewhat entranced by her perfection. “You’ve changed a lot,” I simply said, the smile on my face stretched wider than it already was.

“I have?” she suddenly grew cautious, her glistening orbs widened in the process. She then began to chew her lip nervously, unaware of the fact that doing so would ruin the layer of transparent lip gloss that sat on her plump, cushion resembling lips.

I nodded in reply, trying and yet obviously failing to hide my constantly growing smile.

“How so?” she tilted her head, as though it was a sign that under all of her new found, 'grown up' beauty, was the innocent, naive, wide eyed girl I was madly in love with.

“We’re conversing in fluent Korean,” I folded my arms and leaned back casually onto the chair, doubting it was any significance to her anyways.

“Oh, that,” , which was where her ever-present smile would always be found, formed into the shape of an ‘O’. “I finally mastered it sometime around last year.” She beamed proudly, her eyes curving upwards into an adorable eye smile. She definitely was oblivious to the fact that these simple actions of hers had been making my heart drum in a fast pace, almost disco-like rhythm.

Seconds of mere awkward silence later, I caught her staring curiously at my newly dyed blonde hair. 

Stop being so cute, please, I pleaded in my head. 

“Fascinated about my hair?” I chuckled, the faint sound of my laugh bounced off the walls and echoed around the partially hallow room.

“Ye – yes, actually,” she stammered, evidently caught off guard by my sudden question. Her eyes instantly darted to any other direction rather than looking into mine. Nervously shuffling at her seat, I could tell she was secretly hoping I didn’t notice the blush that was creeping into her stunning face.

“Well, Yongguk hyung did say that all of B.A.P was going to dye their hair blonde,” I joked cheekily, sending a childish wink flying her way. Laughter slipped out of both of our mouths, at last cutting the thick, sense tension that was formed when I first entered the room.

We then exchanged light conversation among each other, sending insults flying at one another once in a while. It was like old times, when I was still in Korea and not studying in the U.K to be a professional vocalist.

“Daehyun, why did you come back?” the dreaded question I secretly hoped she wouldn't ask finally popped out, after half an hour of catching up with her.

“I came back” — I stopped for a brief second or two hesitantly — “for you.” I reluctantly finished my sentence and ducked my head out of embarrassment.

Silence.

There was no response. The entire room had so much silence filling its air that I could almost hear the sound of my heartbeat pounding onto my chest. I gazed at her blank expression, my eyes not wanting to move a single inch away from her face, anxious for her response.

“I love Junhong,” she finally mustered up the courage to say.

“No, you don’t,” I retorted back sharply, knowing that this would probably throw her off guard. After countless days of rehearsing this scenario in my head, I knew the exact words to say at the exact moment. I have it all memorized.

“I – I do,” her eyebrows pinched, her voice faltering and shaking but she was still stubborn enough to remain firm on her statement.

“But I love you,” I was quick to shot back. I could tell she noticed the sadness, the pain that pooled in my eyes. She recognized the strain and the sincerity in my voice.

“I . . .”

“I promised I’d marry you someday, didn’t I?” I went on, not following the 'script' I came up for myself anymore and letting my emotions get the best of me.

“D – Daehyun —”

You were supposed to marry me!” I cajoled, the volume of my voice raised in every word. “Why not today?” I asked in a mere whisper, a large contrast from my previous outburst.

Ji Hyo refused to meet my gaze.

“Think of all the memories we shared. Our first kiss, my confession, that day on the beach,” I whimpered. “Remember how happy we were? Do you remember, Ji Hyo? Do you? Or have our sweet memories been replaced with the ones you had with Junhong?” I purposely added emphasis on his name, knowing that it’ll make her flinch.

Which she did. 

“Of course I remember!” She bit her lip. I smirked in victory, knowing that she was in the verge of coming to me.

“What about that time when Yongguk hyung made you cry? Do you remember who was there to comfort you? And what about the time when you were bullied? Who was there to cheer you up huh? Who?” I practically barked, pushing my way into her head with my words. I could tell she was thinking about it, but the way she kept her head down.

And then, the heavy wooden door which white paint was chipping off flung open dramatically. In came Hee Jin noona. 

"Oh! I see you and Daehyunnie were catching up," she sang in her cheery voice, a bright smile fluttered onto her face. She was obviously unaware of what was going on just now. 

“Oh, nae. As a matter of fact we were.” I gave her a charming smile and engulfed her into a bear hug. “You look nice, noona,” I whispered into her ear and she giggled in response, hitting my arm playfully in the process.

“Daehyunnie, always the flirt,” she childishly stuck her tongue out at me and faked a wounded expression. “Anyways,” Hee Jin noona cleared and went on. “Ji Hyo, it’s time for your wedding,” without even giving Ji Hyo any time to respond, she instantly grabbed her by the wrist and pulled Ji Hyo out of the room, her giggles of excitement echoing down the halls. 

Aish. 

That Hee Jin noona. Always so bubbly. 

Chuckling to myself, I shoved both my hands into each side of my pocket and made my way to the church as well. I tried to hide my smirk and remained calm, knowing that Ji Hyo was going to leave Junhong at the altar for me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

double-update! :3