The Truth

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPlSmAWmi1I

- Kris Allen

 

Trying to be perfect

Trying not to let you down

Honesty is honestly

The hardest thing for me right now

While the floors underneath our feet

Are crumbling, the walls we built together tumbling

I still stand here holding up the roof

Cause it’s easier than telling the truth

 

Daehyun’s POV

Run.

That was the single word that managed to process through my mind as I froze in horror, keeping my gaze fixed to the sight before my very eyes.

But I couldn't. My feet were glued to the ground and my eyes couldn’t tear away from Ji Hyo and Zelo kissing. It wasn’t like they were in the midst of a make out session or anything. In fact, they were just standing there with their lips locked. Both of their arms were awkwardly hanging by their sides.

They’re not even touching each other. Which is funny, because I know how Ji Hyo liked to run her fingers through my hair whenever we kiss (coughs coughs).

But still.

I could see Zelo’s eyes still widened in complete shock and Ji Hyo smiling through the kiss. I felt a sharp jabbing feeling in my heart, knowing that she never smiled like that (or even smile in general) when I kissed her.

It took all the strength I had left in me to finally turn around and walk away.

I felt numb.

“Daehyun, what’s wrong?” Youngjae asked as I stumbled into our shared bedroom.

I opened my mouth to speak but I couldn’t. It was as though there was a lump in my throat that kept all the words I wanted to say from coming out.

“Please, tell me,” Youngjae tried again. This time in a more panicked tone.  He could sense that something wasn’t right.

“J – Jae,” I somehow managed to croak out.

“What . . .” Youngjae hesitated for a moment, “. . . did you see?” he then asked.

“Th – they . . . Ji H – Hyo . . . I saw th – them. They  . . . ki – kissing,” I tried to explain but my tongue felt paralyzed and tears began furiously landing onto the solid wooden floor.

Kiss?! Who?! Ji Hyo and —” Youngjae paused in mid sentence and his eyes widened to the size of frying pans in realization.

Failing to let my tears stop running down my cheeks, I adverted my gaze to the ground and refused to make eye contact with my best friend.

“Ji Hyo and Zelo, they kissed,” he mumbled to himself as though he was trying to digest the information he was told. “What are you going to do?”

“I do – don’t know,” I stuttered as my lower lip trembled furiously.

“Who kissed who?” Youngjae bit his lower lip and furrowed his brow.

“She ki – kissed him,” I choked on my own sobs and started gasping desperately for air as I remembered the sight again.

“Yah! Hyung! Breathe!” Youngjae commanded as he ran to my aid with no hesitation at all.

“Wh – Why?” Was all I managed to utter and then I went back to hacking furiously and inhaling for air.

“Because you need the air, paboya,” Youngjae rolled his eyes a bit.

Idiot. I feel like smacking him. Of course I know why I have to breathe. I was talking about why she kissed him.

“What a – am I going to do?” My wobbly legs threatened to give in.

“Ji Hyo still loves you, right?”

I cringed a little but nodded slowly in reply.

“If she does, she’ll tell you about the kiss,” Youngjae simply explained.

I paused for a moment and asked, “And if she doesn’t?”

“Well . . .” Youngjae trailed off with a look of sympathy. He didn’t know how to phrase his sentence in a nicer way than the obvious truth.

I nodded as a signal that I understood what he was trying imply.

“Ji Hyo-yah, please be honest with me,” I mumbled, trying to ignore the fear of my girlfriend doing the exact opposite.

 

No One’s POV

Meanwhile. 

After what seemed like forever, both Ji Hyo and Zelo reluctantly broke the kiss apart. Only because they had to catch their breaths.

“Y – You feel the same way,” Zelo grinned whilst heavily gasping for air.

Biting her lip shyly, Ji Hyo nodded. Lowering her head, causing her bangs to cover her eyes, she started nervously tapping the heel of her feet repeatedly.

“But Daehyun hyung . . .” His happy expression morphed into a worried one. As happy as Zelo was about Ji Hyo actually loving him back, he was still worried about his hyung. After all, he is the maknae, and Ji Hyo is still Daehyun’s girlfriend.

“Zelo,” Ji Hyo’s voice cracked a bit.

“What is it?”

“I – I don’t know what to do,” she admitted. “I love you. But I love Daehyun too. I can’t bear to lose him. But I don’t want to lose you either,” she went on and Zelo's heart sank. He honestly thought that she would leave Daehyun for him - as selfish as he sounded.

“Who . . . who do you love more?” he bit his lower lip as the rate of his heart beat increased greatly. Say me, please say me.

“U – Uhm. Umm. I err . . . umm . . .” Ji Hyo’s face flushed from nervousness at his question and she started stuttering uncontrollably. She thought fast. “What’s that? Yongguk oppa? I’m coming down right away!” she called out all of a sudden.

“But I didn’t hear anyone cal —”

“I'm on my way oppa!” Ji Hyo cut him off and fled to the door.

Coincidentally, Yongguk was walking towards Ji Hyo’s room and was, in fact, looking for her. Ji Hyo instantly grabbed him by the arm and gratefully pulled him aside. Leaving poor, confused Zelo there by himself. Waiting for Ji Hyo's reply to his question.

“Why did she avoid my question?” Zelo pouted and asked himself.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh-oh o.o what's happening now?

And, um, shameless advertisement here but um. Feel free to check out my EXO fic here ^^ /runs and hides away