Chasing Pavements

Choosing Love {PLEASE READ CHAPTER 42}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwTMyjTNBM8

- Adele

 

Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements?

Even if it leads nowhere?

Or would it be a waste even if I knew my place

Should I leave it there?

Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements?

Even if it leads nowhere?

 

Zelo’s POV 

“Oppa!”

My eyes, who were focused on my skateboard which I was cleaning turned to the owner of that voice — Ji Hyo.

“What? Can I not back hug my own chagiya?” Daehyun hyung asked. His arms were wrapped around her waist as he nuzzled his head on her neck.

“Yah, Oppa, that tickles!” she turned to him and whined. I couldn’t help myself from smiling at how cute she was being.

“Awwww, aren't they just adorable?” Himchan hyung couldn't help but coo as he put the magazine he was reading down onto the table and admired the couple.

That made me feel sick.

“Nae. Of all the couples I’ve known, Ji Hyo and Daehyun are definitely the cutest,” Yongguk hyung gave his signature gummy smile and agreed with a few nods.

“Oh!” Youngjae hyung jumped up from his seat all of a sudden causing all eyes to fall on him.

“What is it?” Jongup tilted his head curiously with a handful of half-chewed chips in his mouth.

“Speaking of couples . . .” Youngjae hyung started with a smirk slowing forming on his face. “How are things with you and Hee Jin noona, Yongguk hyung?” he snickered.

Almost an instant, Yongguk hyung turned beat red. “Y – Yah! Youngjae!” he stammered nervously, looking around.

Everyone cooed in unison as our leader’s cheeks turned into brighter shades of red within the second and began to .

“And for your information, Hee Jin is doing fine studying in China,” hyung retorted. “It’s going to be our second year anniversary soon,” he added quietly and smiled giddily to himself.

Unfortunately for him, all of us saw and heard the whole thing and cooed even louder.

“I wonder who is more in love. Yongguk or Daehyun?” Himchan hyung laughed dorkily and asked.  Yongguk glowered at him.

“Me of course!” Daehyun hyung beamed and planted a long, wet kiss onto Ji Hyo's cheek.

I suddenly felt a pang of jealousy. 

I was jealous of Daehyun hyung because he could proudly proclaim his love for Ji Hyo while I have to keep my feelings to myself. If I were him, everything that came out of my mouth would either be how much I love her or how lucky I am to have her. 

But I'm not him.

I’m not dating Ji Hyo and she loves Daehyun hyung more. She doesn’t understand how much it hurts when I lied to her and said it was okay for the both of us to just stay friends and forget the kiss even happened. 

I don’t know if I should just give up or keep on hoping she’ll finally feel the same way. 

And with my heart sinking, I excused myself and exited the living room.

 

Daehyun’s POV 

“I'll uh go after him,” Ji Hyo unwrapped my arms which were around her waist, stood up and went after Zelo.

Jealous, I ruffled my brown hair in frustration as soon as she was gone.

“Pstt,” Youngjae hissed as he motioned for me to follow him out of the room. Without hesitation, I did what I was told.

I followed Youngjae's lead as we made our way up to the emergency fire stair case located at the corner of the hallway. And before I knew it, we were on top of the roof. There was a long silence as the both of us stared absentmindedly at the view in front of us. None of us said a word. The cool late afternoon breeze hit our faces as we leaned against the rooftop's barrier.

“She hasn't told you yet, hasn't she?” Youngjae spoke up after what seemed like hours of comfortable silence.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I tried to keep my calm and avoided his question.

“Don’t play dumb,” he shot back bluntly.

Defeated, I shook my head in reply.

“Aish! That girl!” Youngjae cried out in frustration and began to rant. Causing me to jump at his sudden outburst.

“I don’t know what to do anymore, Jae. It has been a month. And still nothing,” my voice trembled.

“Dae . . .”

“I mean, I want to confront her. I want to ask her why she kissed Zelo. But at the same time, I’m scared,” I quivered, the last part barely a whisper.

“Of what?”

“What if she doesn’t love me anymore? What if she’s fallen for Zelo?”

“That's nonsen —”

“No it isn’t!” I cut him off, tears already formed in my eyes. “You yourself have seen how much time they spent alone together,” I emphasized on the word ‘alone’. 

“Yeah, but that’s because they’re best friends.”

“Best friends don’t freaking confess to each other and then kiss each other!” I practically screamed in his face.

“Daehyun. Calm down,” Youngjae placed his hand onto my shoulder but I shook him off. 

“How am I suppose to calm down when my girlfriend kissed someone else?!” I demanded and finally broke into sobs. 

Sighing deeply, Youngjae asked as soon as I quieted down, “Do you want me to talk to her?”

I responded with a nod and smiled gratefully at him. “Tha – thank you, Jae.” I gave a weak smile as I engulfed him into a brotherly hug. “I can always count on you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jeng jeng jenngg!

Wonder what JaeJae will say o.o