First Date...

Entwined Destinies

Taeyeon found Junsu waiting for her, sitting by a fountain. She checked her silver watch (well, actually Yuri's): 5:10. Aigo, I'm late! she frowned. She ran to him as fast as her tall black heels could carry her. As he saw her coming, Junsu stood up and smiled brightly at her. He was wearing a nice, dark blazer with a blue shirt that complimented his jeans.
   "Miahne!" she panted. "I was...uh...held back."
   "Kinchena," he smiled nicely. He offered her his arm. "Now, shall we get going?" She looked up into eyes and smiled. Taeyeon slid her arm into Junsu's and they walked together like a perfect couple.
   "Where are we going, oppa?" Taeyeon asked.
   "A very nice place," he responded, with a wink. And he suddenly pulled Taeyeon into a fancy restaurant.
   "You must be hungry by now," Junsu said. Taeyeon decided not to tell him she'd alreay eaten before she left. Junsu turned to a woman standing in front of them. "Table for 2, please."
   "Right away, sir," she said. The couple followed her into the restaurant. She found them a nice table looking out the beautiful cityscape of Seoul, making the occasion seem more special than ever.
   As Taeyeon pulled off her jacket, Junsu couldn't help but stare. She'd always been pretty cute, but today, she was naturally stunning in a different way.
   Taeyeon sat down and looked at her surroundings. It was huge, and decorated beautifully. On their table was a gorgeous display of flowers with romantic candles complimenting the entire mood of the scenery. This place much be expensive, she thought to herself with a sigh. How can I ever pay him back for this? Suddenly, her mind became flooded with thoughts of Eeteuk, how he'd brought her to that comfy restaurant, how he smiled at her, how he laughed with her, how he--
   Junsu cleared his throat. Taeyeon snapped back to the reality sitting in front of her. "So," he said. "Anything you want to eat?"
   "Uh...I'm not sure..." Taeyeon stuttered. Why was I thinking of Leeteuk again? I'm with Junsu now, and I was never with Leeteuk anyhow.
   "Well, this place makes great udon noodles," Junsu mused, while reading the menu. Taeyeon's eyes widened again.
   Aigo! Why does everything remind me of him?! (A/N Remember Pig Ajumma?)
   "Oppa, excuse me for a little bit," she said, standing up. "I need to use the washrooms quickly. You can order whatever you like."
   Junsu smiled at her. "Take as long as you want, just don't completely leave me alone here." Taeyeon laughed and headed towards washrooms.
   As she went in, she stared at the mirror and at her reflection. She didn't know what to make of herself, and she felt like such a cruel person for her recurring thoughts of Leeteuk. Pretending to fix her hair, Taeyeon wondered why she was acting 
like that. Leeteuk had clearly stated that he'd liked Yoona right in front of her eyes, and she herself had never confirmed her  feelings for him anyway, although she truly did felt horrible the day he confessed to Yoona.
   Making a firm resolution not to think of Leeteuk anymore, Taeyeon went back into the restaurant and joined Junsu once again.
   He smiled as she came over, and she'd realized that the food had come out. They were fancy dishes of some sort that Taeyeon didn't recognize at first.
   "Took you long enough," he teased. Taeyeon suddenly felt awkward and had no idea what to say, what to do next.
   "Uh...oppa...what is this?" she asked coyly.
   Junsu laughed a soft and kind laugh, and Taeyeon felt slightly embarassed.
   "You never heard of sushi before?" he laughed kindly. He picked up a piece of raw fish with a pair of silver chopsticks. "Here, try it. It's my favourite." Not realizing Junsu meant for her to open so he could "feed" her, Taeyeon picked up her own chopsticks and took the sushi herself. Looking slightly flustered, Junsu put the sushi in his own mouth.
   "Ah, it's good!" Taeyeon exclaimed.
   "I'm glad," Junsu laughed. "Would you believe some people can't eat this stuff?"
   "Is that right?" she smiled. Junsu smiled back and didn't realize that Taeyeon had put down her chopsticks.
   And so after that, the couple spoke naturally in their broken conversation. Taeyeon continued to realize how sweet and kind Junsu was as she continued talking to him.
   At the end, there was a lot of sushi left so Junsu put it in a leftovers' container and told Taeyeon to bring it home.
   "Ah, annyo, oppa," she said, hoping he wouldn't insist. "You can take it. You seem to like it more than me anyhow." Luckily, Junsu only asked her once more and took the food for himself.
   "Are you ready to go somewhere else? Somewhere special?" he asked as Taeyeon pulled her jacket on. Taeyeon smiled at him and tried to nod eagerly. It's not that she wasn't enjoying her outing with Junsu, she was just feeling a little woozy for some reason. Not realizing, Junsu grabbed her hand and pulled her out the restaurant.
   As they came out, they started on a walk through the park, conversing, holding hands and joking around like any other ordinary couple. In fact, the thoughts of Leeteuk seemed to have completely escaped Taeyeon's mind, and all she saw, all she heard, all she knew was Junsu.
   While he was talking casually to Taeyeon, Junsu took a quick glance at his watch. His eyes widened as he saw the time.
   "Yah! We better hurry!" he exclaimed. He grabbed a startled Taeyeon's hand and pulled her to a certain place. Taeyeon looked around. It was rather dark, and she couldn't see much of anything.
   Suddenly, Junsu covered her eyes with his hands.
   "Oh, oppa?" Taeyeon exclaimed. She smiled and said, "Yah, oppa, it's not like I can see anything anyway."
   "Just a minute," he said. Taeyeon couldn't see Junsu, but she could hear the wink and smirk in his voice.
   "Three....two...." he spoke slowly.
   Taeyeon shivered a little. She became curious as to what sight would enter her eyes when he removed his hands.
   "One."
   As Junsu's hands left Taeyeon's eyes, she gasped in amazement. In front of her were beautiful fireworks in all sorts of different colours, lighting up the dark night. They seemed to surround her and she seemed to be standing inthe midst of all those flashing lights as opposed to seeing them from afar.
   "Oppa, it's beautiful!!" she said gleefully. She threw her hands around him in a tight hug. As she pulled back, she said, "Oppa, how did you manage to find such a location."
   "I know what I'm doing," Junsu grinned. Taeyeon smiled back happily. She saw him start to lean towards her slowly. Taeyeon's heart pounded as she realized what this moment was going to be. The fireworks were still flickering around her, and she felt as though time was moving slowly. A few more seconds only, and--
   Taeyeon backed away.
   Junsu seemed surprise by her reaction, and apparently so did Taeyeon. What did I do?! she thought horridly to herself.
   "Ah, oppa," she stuttered. "Let's finish the show, shall we?" Taeyeon sat down on a bench and motioned for him to come beside her. Junsu didn't say a word and just sank down beside her. Sympathetically, Taeyeon touched Junsu's hand and smiled gently at him. She noticed that his responding smile was slightly forced.
   Before long, the fireworks ended, seemingly quicker than expected. Junsu walked Taeyeon to house, but in an awkward silence that seemed to drape stubbornly around them. Taeyeon couldn't think of anything to say, and Junsu didn't seem as eager and open as before for some reason.
   Fortunately, the walk seemed quick, and they soon approached Taeyeon's house quickly.
   Taeyeon waved to Junsu. "Annyong, oppa, see you tommorow." She started to head inside.


   "I was too late, wasn't I?!"


   Taeyeon turned around. Junsu's expression was like that of a professional athlete who'd just done his best in a major competition.
   "N-ne?"
   Junsu walked closer to her. "I was too late, wasn't I?" he repeated.
   "Oppa. I don't--"
   "You like someone else, don't you?"
   At that Taeyeon seemed to freeze up and had no response. Her mind became dizzy and she couldn't think of anything, and her heart seemed to slow down. Eeteuk's smile suddenly appeared in front of her, and his laughing face. All the thoughts she'd been trying to hold back during her date with Junsu came at her in a rush, and she felt herself being flooded with images of Eeteuk and the sounds of his voice. She saw his perfect and angelic face and his enchanting eyes. And she remembered the way he had trampled on her heart. She wanted to scream and let it all out. She wanted to tell Junsu he was wrong. She wanted him to be the cure to all her pains that she'd been suffering. But all she could do was stare back at Junsu with an astonished expression.
   Junsu smirked and looked down to the ground. "I knew it," he spoke softly. Taeyeon looked upon him sadly.
   "Oppa, I--"
   "But don't worry, Taeyeon-ssi." He was suddenly smiling. "Don't think I'm gonna' give up on you. In fact, I going to try even harder. I'll find out who the guy you like is and make him my worst enemy. I'll send you roses everyday, I'll walk to the ends of the Earth and ask for Cupid's advice himself...I'll do whatever you want!"
   Taeyeon stared at him.
   "Oppa..."
   "And I'll always love you, no matter what you choose."

 

 

 

Ouch....there's a life lesson for all you lovey dovey girls out there: don't think about another guy when you're on a date with one...well, unless he happens to have nice hair and gentle eyes and a lovely smile and a kind personality and....well, nevermind it... ;)