What The Heart Wants

Entwined Destinies

    Leeteuk had been avoiding Donghae and all of his closest buddies all morning, unable to confront them and feeling cowardly for what they thought of them. He was now standing in the hidden wing of the school, and was staring out into the sunset, recalling all the things that'd happen in the past few days. He'd given it all away. His friends, his pride...all for--
   "Te--Teukie oppa?"
    Eeteuk whirled around and found himself face to face with the person he wanted to least of all at the time.
   "Taeyeon."
   She stared at him with confused eyes. "Oppa...do you come here often?"
   Eeteuk's deep eyes glanced back at her with a hidden sorrow. "Why...do you?" His voice was dripping with coldness. Taeyeon was very taken aback by this.
   Taeyeon shook her head, as if trying to shake some thoughts from her head. "An-annyo. I--I just found this a peculiar place for one to be, that's all." She smiled, obviously forced.
   Eeteuk's expression was still cold as she walked closer towards her. The awkward and tense atmosphere seemed to drift ominously through the hallway, as the two stared into each other's eyes. Had Eeteuk had a naive mind, he just might've mistook the strange yearning in Taeyeon's eyes to be attraction and wanting to him. The light outside was fading, causing an unearthly glow to the atmosphere.
   "O-oppa, why are you like this?" Taeyeon shivered. She moved closer to him and touched his arm gently. His eyes widened slightly at the  touch, and he hoped she didn't notice. Then he noticed something strange: there was genuine worry in her eyes.
   "A--aren't you afraid or disgusted by me?" Eeteuk asked slowly and softly.
   Her grip loosened slightly from his arm as she looked up at him. The orange light seemed to give him a strange aura of some sort, making him seem glow even more than he usually did.
   "W--why would I be?" Taeyeon said shyly and softly.
   Eeteuk's hardened expression softened almost immediately at the question. Donghae hadn't told her yet I guess, he thought, as he breathed a sigh of relief.
   Taeyeon's eyes still had that strange worry in them. "Teukie-oppa." She was no longer shaking. "You're not sick or anything, are you?"
   An unexpected but forced smile broke out on Eeteuk's face, and he touched her hand. "It takes more than a silly disease to get to the king of quick minds." The colour almost returned immediately to Taeyeon's face as 
she heard the warm tone return to Eeteuk's voice. She giggled and hit him gently on the arm.
    He suddenly reached his hand out and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear, more gently than she could've ever expected. The gesture made Taeyeon's mind turn surprisingly, and her heart felt as if it would pop out of her chest.
   "O--oppa," she started stuttering. "Y--you know...I--I'm s-sorry if I've been a little, uh, awkward around you...it's just that...I..."
   His voice was gentle. "Calm down." His voice sudddenly became even more soft and soothing. "It's just me."
   That did not help Taeyeon at all, but only made her feel even more dizzy than she already was. She suddenly became aware of how close they were.
   "O--oppa..." she murmured. Had she still had her senses, she would've said something else, she would've thought of Junsu or something else. But at that moment, her mind seemed dead, and she couldn't do anything more than stare dazed into his deep and mysterious eyes.
   "Yah! EETEUK-HYUNG!"
   Eeteuk leapt back leaving Taeyeon in the middle of a now broken moment. A stricken and horrified expression appeared on his face as he realized who it was.
   But he maintained himself still.
   "What's the matter, Donghae?" he said with a cold, shaky voice.
   Taeyeon, who had now snapped back to reality, noticed that the gaze between them was more furious than brotherly like it'd usually be.
   She slowly walked towards Eeteuk again. "Oppa..." she started. "What's wrong?"
  

    But her answer didn't come from Eeteuk's mouth like she’d expected.
   "Don't believe anything this jerk has to say, Taeyeon-ssi. He's just a heartless, selfish person who thinks of nobody but himself," Donghae said loudly, still keeping Eeteuk's gaze which was noticeably faltering at the comment.
   "W--wae?" Taeyeon asked nervously. Then she forced a laugh. "Oppa, kinchena?"
   Donghae chose to ignore this comment.
   "Hae-ah, it's really not what you think..." Eeteuk tried.
   "Fine," Donghae responded. "Then give me a reasonable explanation why you did the things you did. I've known for a long time Teuk-hyung, and if you've changed into a liar than I'd be able to tell immediately."
   Eeteuk opened his mouth, than closed it again.
   "I don't have one."
   Donghae seemed slightly taken aback by this. He'd been expecting for his hyung to say something to defend himself at least. But of course, Donghae wasn't going to let it to so easily.
   "O--oppa, t--tell me what's going on...please?" Taeyeon was practically begging.
    Eeteuk broke his gaze from Donghae and turned to Taeyeon at last.
   "Taeyeon, just go. There's no benefit for you to be here anymore," he said desperately.
   "No, stay," Donghae said abruptly. Eeteuk turned back to Donghae, immense worry expressed on his face. "There never was truly any real benefit in her being here in the first place anyway." He turned towards Taeyeon. "She needs to know this."
   Taeyeon took a step backwards. She wanted to obey Eeteuk and leave, but unfortunately Donghae was right: she needed to know it. So, she stood there with her feet planted firmly on the ground.
   Donghae's expression was hard, and yet there was pity as well.
   "This guy," Donghae's voice was shaking as he raised his finger to point at Eeteuk. "Was the one who set fire to that building and almost burned us all inside."
   Eeteuk looked as if someone had just hit him hard on the back of his head, and Taeyeon stood there, frozen in shock.
   "T--that's impossible," Taeyeon murmured, her frozen eyes still fixed straight ahead while her entire body was shaking. "H--he was with us the whole time."
   "And did you also happen to notice he dissapeared right before smoke filled the room?" Donghae retorted.
   Taeyeon's eyes came up, and stared at them. They were now wet, and there were more tears to come.
   "Oppa, wae?!" she was practically sobbing. "Wae?! Why would you do it?!" She turned around swiftly and ran away from them in fury, as far and fast as she could Leeteuk thought he heard a sob.
   "Annyo! Taeyeon, wait! Let me--!" Eeteuk cried as he was about to run after her, but was stopped by Donghae. Donghae's expression was completely distorted and twisted streams of tears were leaking out of 
his eyes.
   "Hyung....I’ve never wanted to be wrong so much before."
   "Annyo, Donghae! I can explain--!"
   Donghae drew back his fist and punched Eeteuk squarely in the jaw, knocking him backwards and off his feet, making him collapse against the wall. Blood started flowing out of his mouth.
   "Hyung," Donghae whispered, his entire voice shaking. "Annyo, you're not my hyung anymore. Eeteuk-ssi. Don't you ever come anywhere me or Yoona, or anyone else. If you do, you'll be sorry." And spun on his heels and walked away, leaving Eeteuk crumpled in a heap, wiping blood from his mouth.

 

 

 

.......

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I WENT INTO AN UPDATING MANIA :D :) :/ :( D:

Keep faith in our Angel! ToT The next chapter will reveal all....but for now Ima put you guys on a cliff and HANG YOU FOR DEAR LIFE...................................................just kiddin ^0^