Sugar Candies

Entwined Destinies

As she got inside, she noticed Leeteuk looking into the pan containing the food and rice that Shindong and Hankyung had so diligently prepared. The smell was still wafting around as it'd just been cooked. Leeteuk was stirring it around slowly.
   "Did you just make this?" he asked suddenly, completely catching Taeyeon off guard.
    What should I say? Taeyeon thought to herself. If Hankyung made it, he should recognize the taste immediately...
   "Annyo," she finally decided on the response. "Hankyung oppa dropped by earlier and prepared some while you were upstairs. He brought me here actually, and was afraid I'd get hungry." Taeyeon thought that she'd done a pretty good job, as her voice was steady.......enough.
   "Is that so?" Leeteuk murmured. He was slowly scooping the rice into nice porcelain bowls. Taeyeon couldn't help but notice how awkward the mood was; it was very unlike Leeteuk to be so moody and reserved.
   Leeteuk turned to her. He suddenly gave an unexpected and comforting smile.
   "You must be hungry too," he said. He slowly took out another bowl out of the drawer.
   Taeyeon relaxed a little inside. This should come naturally if the other oppas and my dongsaengs are right, she thought. Stay calm, act natural.
   "Ne, oppa," she responded. Leeteuk grinned at her and handed her the bowl--inside was one grain of rice and a pea.
   "BUOYA?!" she roared, no longer feeling conscious of the things she was afraid of before. Taeyeon pushed the bowl back towards him. "What's this about?!"
   Leeteuk laughed. "You need to lose some weight, ajumma."
   Taeyeon rolled her eyes but couldn't help smiling. She gently shoved him aside with her hip and helped herself to the rice.
   "You know, if other people were to hear you say something like that, they may misunderstand," she scolded him gently.
   Leeteuk shoved the rice into his mouth with a serious expression on his face that almost made Taeyeon spit the rice out of her own mouth.
   "Happens all the time," Leeteuk mused.
   "Oppa..."
   "Ne?"
   "Your face is funny."
   Leeteuk pretended to smack her on the head and the two of them started laughing together. It was as if the horrible incident never happened and it was just the two of together again, just like at the restaurant. Taeyeon now realized what everyone else meant when they put so much trust into Leeteuk.
   But Taeyeon still wasn't completely letting her guard down.
   "Hey, have you ever tried making those sugar candies before?" Leeteuk asked suddenly.
   "Annyo..." Taeyeon responded, a little dazed. Leeteuk's eyes instantly lit up and he started burrowing his way through the cupboards and pulling out various ingredients. "Oppa, you know how?" She tilted her head.
   "Kangin says I'm a pro at it," Leeteuk boasted, shuffling around, pulling out a pan and other assorted materials.
   Finally, he beckoned Taeyeon towards him. "Come, I'll show you how," he smiled gently. Taeyeon wondered if it would be the best decision, and whether or not she should stick to the plan but finally 
decided there was nothing wrong with learning how to make sugary junk food while she was at. Returning his smile, she rushed over to him.
   "Okay, so first you got to measure the sugar and pour it out like this..." Leeteuk said. He caught hold of Taeyeon's hand unexpectedly and guided her. Taeyeon tried to focus on the tasks at hand, but she found it extremely hard when her heart was beating at extreme speeds that threatened to make her lose all sanity.
   And so the next hour past with the two of them messing around like that. It started out pretty tame and natural, like a normal (and awkward) chef teaching his apprentice.
   But of course, in the midst of it all, Leeteuk had to be Leeteuk. He suddenly stuck his hand into the mixture, brought it up and spread the gunk onto Taeyeon's cheek swiftly.
   Taeyeon him, with mock fury in her eyes.
   "Yah! Park Jung Soo! How dare you?!" she bellowed.
   Leeteuk backed away with a broad smile on his face.
   "Yah, watch the informal language there," Leeteuk laughed.
   "Ah, miahne, ahjussi."
   And with that, Taeyeon took a handful of the brown looking goop and smacked it squarely in Leeteuk's face.
   He stared at Taeyeon in shock, as if he couldn't believe that tame and moralized Miss Cheerleader Squad Leader would ever dare to do something like that. However, Taeyeon's smug expression managed to convince him that it really just happened.
   Leeteuk's gentle smile re his face. He held out his hand.
   "Well played, Kim Taeyeon-ssi," he declared.
   Taeyeon looked satisified. She reached out her own hand to take his. "Well, for the record, you started--ACK!"
   She looked down at her own arm and saw icky liquid running down all over it, and it was getting sticky fast. Leeteuk was looking at her smugly, evidence of his crime dripping down his fingers.
   "YAH! YOU CHEATER!" she yelled in horror. Leeteuk laughed his loud Elmo laugh and ran out of the kitchen. Taeyeon didn't waste a second and ran quickly out after him.
   "STOP RIGHT THERE!" she yelled as he started jumping over furniture. Wow this house is actually big, she thought as she started breathing heavily.
   "GOTTA' CATCH ME FIRST!" Leeteuk yelled.
   Suddenly, Taeyeon's phone rang. Leeteuk heard it and stopped as well. Taeyeon looked at the Caller ID and saw that it was Yoona's name again. Quickly catching a breath, she flipped it open.
   "Ne?" she asked, breathing heavily again.
   "What the heck are you guys doing in there?" It was Sooyoung's voice. She glanced at Leeteuk, who was standing close to her. "We can hear your shouts from out here. And why are you breathing so hard?"
   Taeyeon stole another glance at Leeteuk, who met her eyes at the same time. They shared a mischevious smiling look in their eyes that seemed to say everything.
   "Well, uh, we're kind of just playing tag," she said honestly.
   "Really?" Sooyoung wasn't convinced. "Well, it seems like you warmed up to him pretty fast."
   Taeyeon instantly remembered the reason why she was there again. Her voice became hushed. "Well, I'm getting him to trust me first, right?"
  "Yeah, can you speed it up a little?"
  "Hey, this wasn't my idea!" she yelled into the phone.
  "What wasn't your idea?" Leeteuk poked in, the same sneaky smile plastered on his face.
   Taeyeon froze and could tell Sooyoung heard it too from the undeniable silence on the other end of the phone.
   "Well, uh..." Taeyeon racked her brain for an answer. "It's nothing. It's girl stuff that old men like you don't need to know." She hadn't meant to , but somehow Taeyeon ended up tapping nose mockingly and giggling along with his laughter.
   Although it was abrupt, Taeyeon was snapped out of her two second moment with the sound of Sooyoung clearing .
   "Sounds like you two are getting along awfully well," Sooyoun scoffed.
   "Like I said..." Taeyeon muttered, now clearly aware that Leeteuk would hear every word she was saying, but not what Sooyoung was saying.
   "Well, we don't care what strategy you use, as long as you get an answer, GOT IT?!"
   "Who's the unnie here?"
   Sooyoung's voice suddenly cranked a pitch higher. "Ah, miahne, Taeyeon-unnie!! Just get your job done." And with that she hung up.
   Taeyeon flipped the phone closed and shook her head slowly.
   "Nowadays dongsaengs just have know respect for their elders," Taeyeon mused.
   Leeteuk laughed. "Tell me about it."
   "Of course you would know all about it, ahjussi."
   "You know, it wouldn't hurt if they were a little sweeter sometime..."
   At the mention of the word sweet, Leeteuk and Taeyeon suddenly looked at each other with  panicked looks in their eyes.
   "THE SUGAR CANDIES!" they both yelled at the same time. They both rushed back to the kitchen, Leeteuk leaping over a couch in the process.
   As they rushed back to the pan, with pity on their faces they realized everything was burnt to a point where it no longer resembled food any more.
   Taeyeon scraped the pan reluctantly. "Aigo, what a waste," she frowned.
   Leeteuk took a chopstick, poked it into the black stuff and put some into his mouth as Taeyeon looked at him disgust.
   "Not bad," he muttered. He tried giving some to Taeyeon who backed away reflexively. Leeteuk laughed and threw the chopstick into the sink. The two started to clean up the area with nothing better to do, 
as it was getting dark anyhow.
   When they were done, it was 9 o' clock. The two joined each other in the living room.
   "Aigo, that was hard work," Taeyeon said, wiping her forehead. She glanced at Leeteuk. "And it was all your fault." She emphasized this by poking him in the shoulder hard.
   "Ack!" Leeteuk laughed, while rubbing his shoulder.
   "Serves you right for starting this in the first place," Taeyeon jested. She suddenly noticed Leeteuk was staring intently at her face. 
"Buoya?" she asked.
   "There's something on your face..." Leeteuk said softly.
   "...oppa?"
    Leeteuk suddenly reached his hand out and brushed Taeyeon's cheek with the gentlest and soothing touch she'd ever felt.
   It was such an unexpected gesture that it caused to Taeyeon to redden with absolutely no control whatsoever.
   She turned around in a way as natural possible in order to hide her pure red face. However, when she turned back, she noticed that Leeteuk was trying so hard not to laugh that his face had become quite distorted.
   She slapped him hard on the arm. "Yah! What was that?!"
   The slap reacted like a switch that activated Leeteuk's mind-boggling laughter. It escaped his throat like a wheeze and pretty soon got Taeyeon laughing along too. If anyone else had walked into the room at the time, they would've seen a guy laughing insanely on the couch while the girl, who was laughing along with him, was hitting him repeatedly.
   Not exactly a symbol of sanity.
   "Yah! What was that for?!" Taeyeon asked angrily, through breaths of laughter.
   "Works every time!" Leeteuk teased.
   "You've done it before?"
   "Wae? You jealous?"
   Taeyeon threw a pillow at him. "YAH! Who would?! You've got the words criminal painted across your forehead at school." The words escaped Taeyeon's throat before she could help herself and she knew as soon as they escaped that she'd ruined the moment.
   This is the moment, Taeyeon thought.
   Expectedly, Leeteuk's laughter died from his throat immediately and he eyed Taeyeon seriously. He to Taeyeon and looked upon with serious and sadness that made her immediately regret her words.
   "Did you have to bring that up now?" Leeteuk sighed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....okay...twist delayed .. :/

Anyway I hope you enjoy that chapter and kind of ignore Taeyeon's amazing attention span when it comes to Leeteuk xD

Sorry for the short updating nowadays, I'm just kind of busy :/