Unexpected Confession

Entwined Destinies

   Yoona and Yuri were walking together again to Taeyeon's house first thing in the morning.
   "Ugh, I don't want to wake unnie up again," Yuri complained as she threw her head back in tiredness.
   They reached the porch to Taeyeon's house.  "Yuri-ah, it's not that bad at all," Yoona comforted. "Unnie just sleeps like a log, that's all." They looked at each other and burst out laughing.
   "Yah! Who sleeps like a log?!!!!" called a voice from the window above. YoonYul looked up and saw Taeyeon's head, perfectly brushed already, sticking out.
   "Aigo, unnie!" Yoona yelled in shock. "You're aleady awake?"
   "Ne, and I heard what you said, you disloyal backstabbers!" Taeyeon mused. She motioned for them to come inside and her head dissapeared back inside the window. Slightly threatened, YoonYul stepped inside 
slowly and carefully.
   As they reached the kitchen, they saw Taeyeon in a chair having breakfast.
   Yoona glanced at her watch. "Uh...unnie-ah, don't mind if I ask...what's the occasion today anyway?" she asked carefully "Why are you up so early?"
   "Well, you're always complaining about me waking up late so I've decided to wake up early," Taeyeon answered simply, shoving rice into .
    YoonYul were staring at Taeyeon in shock, unable to anything while their unnie slowly finished her breakfast.
   As soon as Taeyeon wiped clean, she grabbed her bag and rushed to the door. She beckoned to them, "Come on, hurry up! We'll be late!" and ran out.
   Yoona and Yuri stared at the door, dazed.
   "Who is that?" Yoona asked subtly.
 
   The three girls walked again down the same street they do every weekday, but somehow the mood was different.
   "Aigo! The weather is so perfect today!" Taeyeon smiled happily and stretched her arms out. Yoona and Yuri walked on either side of her and took glances at each other.
   "Buoya?" Yuri mouthed. Yoona shrugged.
   Yoona took the moment to observe Taeyeon. She immediately noticed something different.
   "Ya, Taeyeon-unnie, what's the occasion?" she asked. Taeyeon looked confused. "You never wear skirts." Yoona smoothed out a wrinkle on Taeyeon's knee length periwinkle skirt.
   "She's right," Yuri caught on, "You look dressed up today for some reason. Yah, Yoona-ah, look." Yuri Taeyeon's sparkling white diamond hair clip. "She even did her hair instead of just plopping it up into a ponytail like she does everyday."
   Taeyeon stuttered. "Ah, it's, uh, not what you t-think."
   YoonYul smiled mischeviously. "Unnie has a date!!!" they squealed loudly at the same time. Taeyeon grabbed their hands and hushed them immediately.
   "Babo! It's nothing like that!" she whispered.
   "Then why are you whispering," Yuri smirked.
   "No I wasn't."
   "Yeah, you were."
   "It doesn't matter!! I'm not dating anybody!!" Taeyeon screamed a little loudly. People started staring at her and she ducked away in embarassment.
   YoonYul's eyes narrowed completely in sync. "Whatever you're trying to hide, we'll find out eventually." Taeyeon simple ignored the threat and walked inside the school.
   "YAH! KIM TAEYEON!! DON'T IGNORE US LIKE THAT!!" they screeched, and ran inside after her.
 
Eeteuk sat alone in the school library, books opened in front of him that he wasn't even looking at. He did one of his trademark hair flips and straightened the collar of his shirt. Instead of studying, he was 
staring out the window and thinking about his own  thoughts.
   That girl, he thought, I feel like I've met her somewhere before. And I'm so comfortable with her. He smiled to himself. And she's very pretty too.
   Eeteuk suddenly felt a hard slap on shoulder. He turned around and faced.....Yoona? As always, the pretty lady had her hair perfectly done and today she was simply wearing jeans and a T-shirt but looked 
amazing nonetheless.
   "Ah, annyong Yoona," Eeteuk greeted, "Was there anything you needed?"
   "Spill it, oppa," Yoona commanded angrily.
   "W-wae?"
   "Don't underestimate us, we know what you've been up to."
   By now Eeteuk was quite flustered, and didn't know how to respond.
   "But what are you talking about, Yoona-ah?" he tried.
   "I heard your voice outside the window," Yoona said, as all the colour completely drained out of Eeteuk's face. "And did you really think I didn't notice the two of sneaking around the restaurant like 
burglars? Eeteuk-oppa, what exactly happened last night? Why did you drag her into the washroom with you?"
   Whoa, Eeteuk thought, and I'm supposed to be the king of quick minds, she saw through everything....wait a minute, I still am....
   Eeteuk looked at Yoona with a grim expression on his face.
   "Are you perhaps suggesting," Eeteuk started, "That I like that girl I was with?"
   "That girl you are referring is my unnie," Yoona answered coolly.
   "Miahne," Eeteuk said, "Look, I really don't want to talk about this." He started to get up when suddenly Yoona grabbed his shoulder and pushed him back down.
   "My unnie is hiding things from me and I have the right to know!" she declared angrily.
   "You do?"
   "Ne!"
    Eeteuk was really starting to feel pressured. "Fine, I'll tell you, but only you, got it?" he started whispering, "Look, I don't really like Taeyeon-ssi, okay?" And he sat up and returned to his books.
   Yoona rolled her eyes. "You expect me to take your word for that?" She spun him around again. "Then why were you together in a restaurant like that?"
   Eeteuk slouched a little and lowered his voice again. "I was following you," he muttered.
   Yoona stood up, taken aback. "Buoya?!" she said a little loudly. Angry eyes turned around, but when they saw it was the school's princess they smiled sneakily and immediately returned to their work.
   "Miahne," she said to the people in the library. She turned to Eeteuk. "But why would you be following me?"
   "Because..." Eeteuk hesitated, "I don't like Taeyeon-ssi, I like you, Yoona."
   Yoona stared at him as if he'd just told her he'd jumped off a cliff and had been revived right after. Yet, there was a look of sympathy too.
   Yoona started backing away. "Miahne, oppa," she murmured slowly, "But I don't like you...like that."
   "I know," he said, "Please don't tell anyone about this okay. I only told you because I trust you." He smiled weakly and turned back around. He listened carefully and could hear Yoona's footsteps retreating.
   Neither of them had realized Taeyeon was hiding behind a bookcase nearby the whole time, and had heard everything they'd said. She felt a searing pain in her heart that she had never had or known of before, and from there, that pain slowly consumed her mind. With tears in her eyes, she rushed out of the library, her skirt flying elegantly behind her.

 

OMG!! TWIST!!! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!!! Sorry for slow update, I'll try to step it up. And rest assure, Taeteuk fans...you will not be dissapointed :)