Day 1: Sweet Reunion

Entwined Destinies

The pain in her body had completely faded.

It was like a miracle.

Buoya...?

She knew she was now awake, and that she could open her eyes at any moment now if she wanted to, but somehow, she just couldn't bring herself to do it, even if it meant that she would finally escape there treacherous darkness she'd be engulfed in for what wfelt like an eternity now.

It was because she was afraid, afraid of the deranged hallucinations that would once again overwhelm her weak mind and dominate the sane part of her self. She never wanted to see that horrendous monster, or feel the agonizing pain that tore through her ever again. She wanted to be safe, but for some reason, she felt that if she opened her eyes, she would be thrown into yet another nightmare. She knew it was weak, she knew it was cowardly,  but there was nothing else she could think to do; she'd already been too traumatized.

But of course, Taeyeon also knew that she couldn't stay like this forever.

Slowly, cautously, and hesitantly, she opened up her senses one  by one.

First, she opened her lips, just a tiny parting between them, but enough so that she could let a tiny stream of fresh, moist air slip through them. She tasted the familiar, wet feeling in that one usually does after a tense storm. It was fresh, it was rejuvenating, and it was a tast she hadn't seemed to enjoy in a long time.

Afterwards, she finally allowed herself to breathe normally, do that she would be able to take in the scent all around her. As expected, it was that familiar aroma of a recent rainstorm, chilling yet comforting to her in that moment. It was a scent that usually relaxed her, as she always thought rain was in its way a gift from the gods, a lovely, poetic gift that fed all the crops with fresh water and gave couples excuses to hide under umbrellas with one another.

Next was her sense of touch. She slowly felt beneath the pads of her fingertips, without moving her hands. She let the sensation of touch spread through her, through her fingers and hands, up her arm and into her mind. To her, it felt like the wet undergrowths of dark, musky forest that was all too familiar to her. Even so, the familiarity was nowhere near enough to comfort her to open up the rest of her senses in that moment.

Part of it might have to do with the fact that there was something else she felt.

Beneath her arms, she felt as if she was lying in a soft and cushiony cradle of sorts. It was holding her tightly and safely as if she truly were just a newborn baby. It was as if it'd put her to sleep hours ago and her waking up now was simply the aftermath of that deep slumber. 

Although that was far from the reality she'd just endured.

With a firm resolution to find out what was going on, she perked her ears up and listened for any more hints she could find. She expected to hear a famiiar creaking of a hammock, or the screeching sounds of her friends after playing a sick joke on her.

But it was nothing like that.

All she heard were the rushing waves of the ocean slapping onto the rocky shores of the beach, and the chirping of various birds and crickets who were still roaming around in the lonely night. Although their existences was undeniable, to her they were simply lone accompaniments to the otherwise loud, unshattering silence that expressed her solitude. It told her that she was completely alone, that she'd been completely abandoned by every--

"Taeyeon....are you awake yet?...Taeyeon!"

Taeyeon's heart almost leapt out of her chest as she was completely startled by the sudden voice that seemed to be right next to her ear. Without even bothering to think or decide anymore, her eyelids flared opened from their formerly closed shell. She immediately felt a burst of genuine yet surreal flare of the night sky, almost blinding her in a delusional manner. She let out a subsconscious shriek and found herself completely awake and snapped back to reality. Her mind did a quick recollection of the events that'd just happened to her within the past hours. By now she'd figured that she would've been nothing but a limp corpse floating buoyantly in the eerie dark waters of the ocean. She'd never even considered the possibility of getting out of that mess alive. Yet somehow, she'd ended up here.

Taeyeon dragged her head upwards drearily, and fearfully moved the pupils of her eyes around. She managed to catch glimpses of the night sky plastered with broken stars and a gloomy moon that was growing dimmer and dimmer as it moved along. Bent and creepy shadows stretchedtheir way across the uneven ground. And the dark body of water of crashing waves that threatened to destroyed anyone who dared to challenged its powers.

"Taeyeon!"

She still refused to respond. Instead, she took in another deep breath, and lifted her arm robotically and heavily; it felt much like dead weight. Her heart was pulsating ferociously, as she pulled her hand over to her side and brought it down limply. She let out an astonished gasp as she felt the soft pads of her fingertips come into contact with another hand.

It had been holding onto her this entire time.

Unable to resist her anxiety any longer, Taeyeon turned her head in the direction of the voice that had been calling out to her, and she felt her breath tightening at once, as if she'd just been struck by lightning.

She was staring into a pair of eyes that were pure and devoid of all darkness, yet they were looking deeply into her own pair with a look of concern, worry and despair that could certainly melt the coldest of hearts. She'd seen these eyes, and fell for these eyes countless times in that past, but she'd never seen them like this ever before.

Of course, as I'm sure you've all guessed, they were none other than the eyes of Park Jung Soo.

And to Taeyeon, they were the most beautiful things she could ever hope to see in that very moment.

"Leeteuk oppa...?

And so, just for a moment, Taeyeon forgot every single horrible thing that had ever happened between him and her, and remained in the tight cradle of his arms, her blank stare unmoving from his soulful one. She heard his warm voice whisper her name yet another time. His soft and dragged out breaths brushed slightly on her face. Although it was realistically chilly all around, the way his arms were wrapped around her comforted that feeling somehow. It wasn't right to say that it brought her warmth,  although it did provide with a whole other sensation that was no physical or solid feeling she could explain.

But the feeling could only last for a moment, for it was no different than one of those dreams that seemed to be reality, but end abruptly and swiftly the moment you wake up.

Taeyeon's blank stare evolved into her uncommon yet definitely unavoidable swift and sharp gaze, and she knew that even Leeteuk sense her sudden awakening immediately.

"Taeyeon--!"

She bolted upwards and pushed Leeteuk's arms away.

"W--What am I doing here?" she gasped.

She started flailing uncontrollably, when suddenly her wrists were caught by Leeteuk's strong hands as he pulled on her and forced her to look into his eyes.

"Taeyeon! Calm down!" he said harshly. "I know this is all very traumatic for you, and I know you probably still don't trust me, but you have to listen to me."

Taeyeon tried pulling her hands away, but they remained stiff in his grip. She was suddenly reminded of her dream with the monster. "Waeyo?! Why should I listen to you?" she cried out.

"What part of listen to me don't you understand?" he sighed. He noticed her stiff expression and changed his tone immediately. "Listen, Taeyeon-ah, I know this is extremely confusing for you to be able to take it all in all at once like this but I can explain it all to you."

Taeyeon gave a final tug and drew her arms back, folding them across her chest. "Fine then, explain it all to me then," she frowned.

"I'd need some time...." Leeteuk muttered.

"What could possibly be holding you up?!" Taeyeon scoffed. "You have got to be kidding me!" She gestured out to the beachfront. "I, I almost DIED out there. And of course, my life probably means nothing to you but I think there are still people in this world who care whether or not I live or die! I don't know how the heck I got here, or even how I managed to get out of that MESS, but here I am, and who's the first person I see? YOU. The LAST person who I want to see at this moment." Taeyeon bit her lip guiltily after saying that last sentence because she knew it wasn't entirely true.

Leeteuk sighed and looked down. "Fine, I get it." He suddenly bent down and got up to his feet, brushing the dirt off his pants and turned away from her. "You won't trust me because you think I tried to murder your friends because of Yoona--"

"Well, didn't you?" Taeyeon interrupted.

"--but you're so blinded my that illusion that you don't realize that I could actually be of benefit to you, as I still am for a lot of people. I understand it's a hard image for you to put up with, and that you probably can't even stand talking to me right now but you're going to have to listen to me eventually, whether you like or not."

"What, are you the boss of me?!" Taeyeon scoffed back, her temper not being soothed one bit.

Leeteuk turned back to face her, his gaze patronizing. "Annyo, and I think that's going to be my main problem here." And without another word, he turned his back away from her once again and skulked his way back into the forest, towards the mansion.

Taeyeon suddenly felt a sudden dreadful feeling wash over her as she watched his backside lurking away from her. She scrambled to her feet as fast as she could.

"Yah! YAH! You're just going to leave me just like that?!" she yelled after as she ran after him, slightly awkwardly because of her soak clothes. She stumbled her way back into the deeper part of the forest, and eventually right next to his side. She knew it made her look like a coward, a weakling, and possibly even an indecent person, but she she knew it was better than staying where she was.

"I can't believe you'd actually leave me here like that," she frowned. She dared to take a glance at his face, and realized.....he was actually smirking.

Without thinking, she smacked him playfully like she used to.

"Yah! What's with that look?" said she, a slightly teasing tone slipping into her voice without her even noticing.

"I knew you'd come back to me," Leeteuk replied airily, a slight laugh in his voice. It was actually startling how relaxed they both seemed in the presence of each other despite all that'd happened. "You'd never be able to leave me."

Taeyeon's eyes flared at him. "YAH! What are you implying?!" All the momentary bit of sweetness from before had dissapeared from her voice.

Leeteuk turned to her, and much to her surprise, he gave her the gentlest smile she'd ever seen him show ever before.

"What the heck...?" she whispered to herself. She turned back to him, and slightly to her dismay, realized that he'd turned away from her already, and the smile had dissapeared with that. The feeling of dismay suddenly made Taeyeon question herself, and her heart suddenly  caused her to make a rash decision.

She took a deep breath, and asked a question that she'd recalled she'd asked before.

"Yah....oppa...." she said slowly. "...did...did you save me from that psychopath just now...?"

The question must've came out more humourously than she intended as she heard a choking noise come from Leeteuk before she heard his answer.

"Well...because of your current feelings for me, I think I'm going to have to say no," said Leeteuk. But as he said that, he gave her wink, a wink so familiar to her yet she hadn't seen in quite a while.

What the heck is he doing...?

...wait, why aren't I saying that out loud?

"What the heck are you doing?" Taeyeon asked bluntly.

"Buoya?"

"You smiled weirdly at me, and you winked at me....what the heck are you planning?"

"I'm trying to distract from all the troubles that's been happening."

"Jamkan man, jamkan man.....I almost got killed and you think you can make me forget all that by winking at me?" Taeyeon said in disbelief. "Seriously? Who are you?"

"Oh that's funny, Taengoo," Leeteuk smirked. " 'Cause I swear you used to love my winks."

Taeyeon felt herself turn red, whether from anger or embarassment she wasn't sure. Leeteuk was still smirking obnoxiously as if his comment was something completely normal in such a situation.

"BUOYA?! HOW CAN YOU BE TALKING ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW?!" Taeyeon screeched.

Suddenly, Leeteuk moved closer to her and put his finger to her lips, touching them ever so gently. Taeyeon was completely taken aback.

"Shhhhhhh...." Leeteuk whispered, his breath brushing onto her ears, and his voice lower and deeper than normal. Taeyeon felt her insides churning. "The evil psychopath might hear you..."

Taeyeon pulled away from Leeteuk and punched him in the shoulder, hard, causing him to cry out loud.

As he recoiled to hold his shoulder, Taeyeon smirked slyly and suddenly moved back closer to him. She put her finger to his mouth, just as he did, and was slightly shocked when she felt the touch of his soft lips against her hand, but she kept her composure.

"Shuuuuuuuuutttt uuupppppp...." she whispered in a drawled out voice. "The evil psychopath might hear you.....and I'm totally pushing you down and running away first."

Leeteuk looked slightly flustered as he pushed her arm away. Surprisingly obedient, he didn't say another word as they walked onwards towards the mansion, draped in an awkward and extremely obvious silence that seemed to choke the life out of them both.

"Yah...Taeyeon..." Leeteuk said suddenly.

Taeyeon's ears perked up as Leeteuk broke the silence.

"You know...I didn't really cause the fire...." he mumbled.

Taeyeon turned away immediately. "I don't want to hear it," she snapped. "Ever."

Suddenly stubborn, Leeteuk suddenly walked swiftly past her, shuffling the dead leaves on the forest flooor, and finally standing right in front of her and blocking her.

Taeyeon fumed.

"YAH! What don't you get about me not wanting to hear anything?!" she screeched at him. "The last thing I want to do right now is talk to you!" She tried to push past him.

He suddenly grabbed onto her shoulders fiercely, forcing her to look into his eyes.

"Listen to me!" he asserted. "I said, I didn't try to kill them! They're just as close to me as they are to you! Why can't you see that?! Why can't you just believe me?!" There was a terrible aggresive look in his dark eyes, asserting his statement...but to no avail.

"Then why on Earth would you admit to it earlier?!" Taeyeon yelled back at once. "How could anyone just admit to killing his or her so-called dearest friends just like that?!" 

"It's because--" he started, gritting his teeth. For a moment, Taeyeon thought he was actually going to continue, but then felt his tough palms slip off of her shoulders as he turned away, unable to respond another word. His expression was shadowed, so that she could have no idea of what was going on through his mind at that moment.

"I can't tell you yet," his voice was shaky, almost quivering and pathetic. "Not now." His body language made him look as if he was going to fall over and break down at any second.

Normally, a voice like that would strike pity or discomfort into Taeyeon's mind, but this time, she did something that surprised even herself.

She scoffed at him.

At her sudden noise, Leeteuk suddenly straightened up and turned to look at her, a slightly shocked expression on his face that somehow drove immense satisfaction into her. It could only motivate her more into adapting to this sudden new side of hers.

"You, Park Jung Soo, really are a coward," she said harshly, her expression stone cold. "You're one of the most despicable and pathetic people I've ever met in my life...although somehow I coudn't help but be interested in you for some reason. And now, I know why. It was pity, pity at your useless, horrid, and backstabbing self. I don't know what could've possibly drawn me to you in the first place, and chances are, my hatred for you will always falter and change, but it will always come back eventually, so don't ever think that I'd ever forgive you."

She slowly walked past him, who was now frozen stiff at her words, brushing against his shoulder slightly.

"I might be just as bipolar as you are," she whispered.

"Taeyeon..." Leeteuk suddenly turned and reach out to grab her arm.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" she screamed, her expression livid, causing Leeteuk to step back in terror. Her breathing was starting to get heavy, and her eyes were becoming more and more paranoid.

"If you touch me again...:" she breathed. She almost sounded as if she was about to break down into tears. "...I may end up changing my mind again..."

She started turning his back and walking away from him, refusing to show him her weakness. She still heard his voice behind her, once again resonating in her ears. It only reminded her of all the horrible events that happened only a few hours earlier, the event that ocurred the last time she chose to run away from that same voice, that same tone, that same agony that seemed to tear her apart, heart and mind.

But she didn't care.

Taeyeon knew that she would rather have all that terror happen to her again than run back to him, as stupid and terrifying as it was to her.

Because if she did, chances are she would never be able to run away from him for a third time...or ever again.

They say that wind can only settle in a place once. Once it moves it can never return...heh, what a bunch of trash. That same wind may never return, but another wind can replace it at any moment when given the right conditions, stronger and even more powerful and destructive than the last...

"AHH!'

Taeyeon suddenly let piercing shriek of agony and slumping to the ground, clutching her head.

Leeteuk, who had been afraid to approach her after she'd pushed him away and was walking a distance back suddenly jolted his head upwards in her direction. 

"Taeyeon?!" he yelled out. Crap...she's already way up ahead... He suddenly forgot everything she'd just said to him and started running up in the direction she'd just dissapeared from. 

And at once, Taeyeon let out a terrible screech that sounded inhumane and incapable of Kim Taeyeon.

Her body crashed to the dirty forest floor and writhed, and her eyes widened. A sudden gruesome, nostalgic image suddenly flashed through her mind. A choking gasp escaped . Flashing images of white and black shot its way through her mind, as she started screaming and crying in pain. It was unlike anything she'd ever felt before, and it was terrifying to her.

What's happening to me? The thought occured in the slightly conscious part of Taeyeon that was still uncontrolled from the mad images, as it struggled to restrain from being dominated.

She suddenly heard rapid footsteps and shuffling leaves beside her, along with a familiar heavy breathing. Her mind wasn't focusing; somehow she couldn't bring herself to turn around and actually look at the person. She could barely see straight, and her vision was blurry.

And then she felt it.

She felt his touch, she felt him grab onto her arm in an agressive manner.

Her eyes lost its soul, and after that, she couldn't remember a thing.

WTF?!!! I LOST AN ENTIRE CHAPTER?!!

ARGHHH...ALL MY DRAFTING HARD WORK....

THIS IS JUST A REPOST I'M SORRY EVERYBODY!

I'LL TRY TO FIX THINGS UP L8R....