A Love For A Life

Entwined Destinies

The monster was back.

And its claws were wrapped around her still, tight as ever. It was as if nothing had ever happened, and the illusion with everyone as angels and Leeteuk persuading her to let him steal a kiss was all real.

Which also meant that her getting snatched and carried away by a terrible, somber flying beast was also reality.

She found herself struggling with all her might, screaming at the top of her lungs, begging and demanding for this thing to let her go, as if it could understanding the human emotions of desparation. But naturally, it was to no avail. The monster's ominous, dark wings kept beating continuously yet steadily against the rushing winds and grey clouds, its tiny, scarlet eyes and curved beak piercing through any obstacles as Taeyeon found herself hanging at a perilous height over what seemed to be a vast and dreary range of mountains. There wasn't another sign of life in sight, as she shivered while picturing what could happen if the monster suddenly decided to relax its choking grip and free her from its clutches.

"Jebal..." she whimpered. "You have to let me go...:

Taeyeon bit her lip daringly, as she thought of all the others, evaporating into clouds of dust, and how useless she was, unable to do anything but get into dead-end situations. Without being too conscious of it, she suddenly felt a tear leak out of her eyes only to be carried away by the monstrous rush of the wind.

How much more pathetic can you get...? she thought mournfully.

Suddenly, Taeyeon felt a heart-stopping, lurching feeling in her stomach, as her entire body went limped and smashed into the raging winds around her. Her clothes and hair seemed to burst out from her as it too was not spared from the impact of gravity. She wanted to let out a scream at the least, but she couldn't breathe nor open her eyes or mouth. For a moment, she thought that her fearful intuition had come true.

Despite the fear washing through her, she squished her eyelids even tighter to prevent herself from seeing the remainder of the distance she had left to cover. 

It was only then that she felt the plummeting feeling dissapear ever so slowly, and the pressure around her was wearing away.

It's...over...?

With every ounce of sense she had left, Taeyeon opened her eyes slowly and cautiously. With a jolt, she realized that she was still floating in midair, still in the same secure grip of the monster. Taeyeon squinted her eyes at the ground which was now somehow at a closer distance to her. She realized that it truly was mountains that she'd seen from higher above. They were pointed and sharp, dyed completely grey in colour. A few wilted and depressing trees seemed to look fervently into the sky above, begging and hoping for a shining source of light that could nourish them once again from between the dark, somber clouds. She shuddered at how much more foreboding and disturbing the mountains looked closer up. It was only then that she realized that she hadn't fallen at all, and that the gut-wrenching feeling was caused by the monster's sudden and unexpected steep dive towards the ground.

...Do you hate it that much?

Startled, Taeyeon's head twisted back upwards towards the voice she heard in her mind. She looked around, desparately (and shamelessly) expecting to see an angel or a fairy or something that would rescue her. In the back of the mind she kept picturing Leeteuk's voice echoing inside her head, and her heart thumped wishfully and hopelessly for that one specific angel. Had she been in her right mind, she would've definitely called herself pathetic.

Stop looking up so far...I'm right in front of you...

Taeyeon flipped her head around once more, and realizing with a jolt who it was that had been trying to converse with her.

...or more like what it was that had been trying to converse with her.

"Is it...." she stuttered. "Was that....you...?"

The bird-like monster flapped its terrifying wings once more before craning its head so that its bloody, red eyes connected with Taeyeon's soft, brown eyes. Taeyeon felt a chill flood down her spine, as she realized it was, without a doubt, this monster who'd just spoken into her mind.

"Y--you...what do you want?"

Next came the violent sound of the beating wings, followed by the tearing sound of the wind.

What I want only you can give me....but you'd never give me....

Taeyeon's eyes widened at the simple yet convoluted request. She was rendered speechless at the one sentence uttered, and she no longer knew how to react next.

I want.....your angel....

Taeyeon's frozen lips opened for one moment to utter one word.

"W...what...?" Leeteuk's smile flashed in her mind.

...but I won't ever be able to have him...so now's the time where I'll have to let you go....

The tight feeling around Taeyeon's stomach dissapeared in a flash, and Taeyeon felt a familiar sensation take control of her once again.

Only this time, it was much worse, and much, much more terrifying than before.

Because this time, it was real.

Miahne...Taeyeon-ssi....

The black shadow swerved one last time from above her, and dissapeared from sight within seconds.

And Taeyeon was falling, falling without anything to stop her at all. She could hardly believe it herself. Every limb felt like they were going to fall apart, as if the wind was literally pulling at each one, determined to tear her apart. Her eyelids were, this time, forced open by the same, powerful current, and showed her an estimation of how many seconds she had left. Taeyeon desparately wanted to pass out before her body would get smashed into the merciless, rocky walls of the mountains, but knew it was impossible at this point.

There was a flash of white, and then a loud bang sounding right next to her ear. Her breath was knocked out of her lungs and a searing pain exploded from within her.

The white faded into red, and finally into the permanent, yet by now extremely familiar, colourless black....

 

**************************************

 

  "TAEYEON-AH!" 

His cry echoed vibrantly as he trampled his way through the wet undergrowth of the forest. His expression was livid and it was 
hard to tell if those were harsh raindrops splattered on his face, or tears of frustration. His completely soaked clothing, his mussed-up  
and toussled hair, the intimidating and distorted shadows of the trees and shrubs, the crackling weapons of lightning and the treacherous 
sound of thunder,that went with it seemed to mean nothing to him.

"TAEYEON!!" His cry was deafened by yet another loud boom of thunder, as he broke into the clearing of the beach where he had supposedly  
reunited with Taeyeon the other day. He stopped for a moment to look around and catch his breath, but there wasn't a human shadow in
sight. 

The rain pounded and hammered onto his body, half-urging him to go on by venting anger into him but at the same time discouraging him
to even take one step further byweakening him both physically and mentally. By now half blinded by the heavy rainstorm, he grasped
on to the overflowing amount of courage he suddenly possessed, and followed the intuitional direction that he prayed would lead him straight
to her. He attempted reassure himself with the faintest glimmer of hope in the back of his mind that she was completely fine, and that nothing 
had happened to her. He wanted to see her gentle, nurturing eyes glowing at him, the way they always did, her flowing and breathtaking 
brunette waterfall of hair, her charming smile, her clumsy walk, her defiant tone....he couldn't even begin to imagine how comforting it 
would all be. 

In his heart, he knew that even if only one of those aspects was lost from this world, no one would ever be able to forgive him or trust him
ever again, and more importantly, how would never, ever be able to forgive himself.

"KIM TAEYEON?! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!!" he screamed as the thought bubbled up inside him and exploded in a fierce
outrage. His voice got more and more hoarse and distorted after every call, and every part of his body was threatening to break down and
seemed to be telling him to give up. The resolve in his mind and heart was the only thing left that kept his legs plowing through the muddy 
sand, the waves crashing painfully against the shore beside him.

His heartwrenching call sounded  again and again throughout the night horizon, and the only response it got was the echo of itself.  
She could be anywhere on this godforsaken island, and he'd made the extremely stupid mistake of not telling Cho Hee first to help out before  
mindlessly dashing off after her into the misleading brambles and thickets of the forest that had already made a fool of him once. But how 
could he? When he saw her back dissapearing into the darkness, it was all he could keep his mind on at that moment. 

In fact, she could've still been in the forest, and he had no way of knowing whether she was inside the forest or on the sandy beachside. 
He had absolutely no way of knowing where she was, and every single second seemed to be passing by much too quickly for comfort.

"KIM TAEYEON, YOU IDIOT! ANSWER ME ALREADY!!" he shrieked out in agony and frustration. 

He grabbed onto his head, with both his hands and sank to the ground, the harsh rain emphasizing his distress and confusion. Never before
had he been so overwhelmed by such a dreadful emotion, an emotion that even he himself couldn't explain why and how it was so dominant
and influential, so powerful that it could corrode and corrupt him in such a malicious way.

He turned his head around repeatedly, desparately hoping to see those familiar, maternal eyes as he did so. He had no idea what to do,  
whether to go back to see if she had already returned safely, or keep running in hopes of luck being on his side.
   
Either way could mark him as a coward and an outcast, with no plan whatsoever and only his flimsy intuition to depend on. 

He yelled name yet again as he punched his fist into the muddy sand, spraying dirt everyone and staining onto his own body. Although he
knew he could not  afford to stay there, for even just another second, his diminishing strength had to be acknowledged at some point, as his
head was throbbing, his vision blurring and his determination dissolving. 

He took in a deep breath, and came to a rational resolution that forced him to jump to his feet again, and courage flooding back through his 
veins, despite the burdensome weight pulling down on his limbs. Nonethelss, it really was a tremendous feeling, a feeling of conscience and 
ressurection, a reassurance that he was still able and alive.

And then he saw it.

A black shadow in the distance, almost blending into the trees ominously shadowing beside it, laying limp and unmoving on the muddy 
banks. It was much too far away to see the conditions of the person, but close enough for him to recognize that it was without a doubt the
body of a human.

Taeyeon...
   
His heart suddenly felt like it weighed a million tons dragging him down even more as he sprinted as fast as he could towards the limp body.
Her breathing, living and carefree image looped through his mind as he ran, even as he tried to resist it and push away any horrible 
thought and worst nightmares that just might've come true at that moment.
   
"TAEYEON-AH! TAEYEON!" he bellowed as he got closer and closer. The more lessened the distance, the more the body seemed still and
unconscious. The lightning flashed again, too close for comfort. It highlighted and outlined a sprawl of long hair plastered onto the cold
muddy beach.

His eyes trembled violently, and after what felt like years to him he finally fell down beside the body on his knees. He could feel his hands 
shaking. He couldn't see the face of the body, but the wild mane of tangled hair was undeniably Taeyeon's. He'd recognize it anywhere...
   
"TAEYEON!" he yelled, his shuddering hands reaching out to grab her shoulders.
    
Suddenly, the body's seemingly lifeless arms shot out of nowhere, and grabbed tightly onto his, harshly and painfully. The hands  
seemed to burn through the wet fabrics of his shirt, unhumane and alienated.

Leeteuk tried to pull his arms free, but the strength he was facing was more than a match for him after all that running. The body slowly 
and limply pulled itself to a sitting position, in a robotic and eerie manner.

With a sudden terrifying lurch, he found himself held down onto the muddy beach, unable to move whatsoever.

"You, honey, really are a fool."
   
It was a female voice, but it didn't take a genius to figure out that it definitely wasn't Taeyeon's voice. Whereas Taeyeon's voice was melodic 
and charming, this voice was hair-raising and chilling.

"That hair..." he groaned, struggling to break free. His eyes were forced shut from the battering rain, but he could feel the familiar
contact of the hair: although it was soaking wet, he knew he could recognize the long hair that'd casually and accidently brushed him
countless times before.
   
"This ugly thing...?" came the response. "Hmph....that little wretch was so busy struggling it didn't even notice I'd snipped off a huge chunk 
of its cheap wig with the blade I was supposed to use to slit its thin, pale throat."
    
He felt a surge of anger mixed with terror flood through him.
  
"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!" he screamed. It seemed to startle the other being, and taking advantage of the situation, he raised  
himself enough so that he could see who it was holding him down.
   
At the sight of another striking beam of lightning, all he managed to see was a pair of cold silvery-blue eyes that seemed to pierce him, 
mounted perfectly against a sharp yet dangerously beautiful visage. It hypnotized him for a moment.... and before he knew it, he was shoved
forcefully back down to where he was before, unable to move.
   
"Wh...what have you done to her...?" he groaned.
   
"Doesn't matter," she replied swiftly. "What does matter is what's going to happen to you next."
   
"What're you--"
   
"I would drug you....but that's no fun. You're supposed to be a toughie, so doing that would take away all the fun...well, the boss said I could 
do whatever I want to you if I successfully manage to capture all the others so...."
   
Without thinking, he suddenly swung his left leg that was free over and felt it contact roughly with the lady's waist. She growled 
ferociously as she fell onto her side into the same muddy ground she'd pressed him into just a few seconds ago, as he scrambled to  
his feet as quickly as he could.
   
"Stop right there."

His eyes focused back to where he'd just pushed the lady down, and she was now gripping something silver in her hand. With a stricken
jolt, he realized that was a perfectly polished gun, and was aimed straight at him.

Naturally, he immediately became frozen, as there was nothing more he could do anyhow. She could pull the trigger any moment, and
he would be forced to return to the heavens for good. He clenched his fist, and took the opportunity to carefully scan her appearance. He 
carefully avoided coming into contact with her icy cold eyes. The part of Taeyeon's hair that she had cut off was dangling obviously from
her head, and beneath it was a more voluptuous mass of blonde hair that was soaked thoroughly. She was a completely black outfit from 
head to toe complete with boots and gloves, and she even had a hood that was to shield her face when she needed it. The ocassional lightning
strikes highlighted her sharp features, and made her more terrifying and intimidating than anyone he'd ever seen before. If he didn't know  
better, he would've thought that she was some sort of spy. She was a combination of strength and feebleness, of bravery and cowardness. She
could come across as egotiscal and narcissist to some but modest and timid to others.

"What do you want from me?" he gritted his teeth. He spoke slowly and carefully, still unable to have eye contact with his opponent.
   
He saw a smirk appear on the bottom half of the woman face. She slowly dragged herself to her feet and stood in front of him, as he was still 
motionless.

"Naturally, I want your life."

He felt a chill travel down his spine, and he stared at the nozzle of the gun that was so small yet so intimidating.
   
"What are you waiting for then?" He did his best not to waver or stutter.
   
"Do you take me for a heartless killer?" she responded immedately. Wisely, he said nothing. "I don't kill unless my opponent proves
themselves worthy of being killed. It takes a lot of effort to die by my bullet, you do realize. Oh no, I think I'm going to give you a chance. 
Of course, you have no choice but to agree because I'll kill you anyways. I'm just having my fun."
   
She realized she'd caught his full attention, and smiled contently to herself. She suddenly dropped the gun beside and reached up to grab  
the brunette mess of hair that was Taeyeon's. She pulled it out of her own hair disdainfully and threw it at him, who fumbled with it and 
then finally caught it protectively.
   
"First, you have to rescue her," said the lady. He felt a surge of hope rush through him. That means...
   
"But I'm not promising she's still alive. Not at all. In any way. She's been underwater a few minutes now. So you have to hurry, otherwise 
you'll automatically fail."
  
His eyes flared as his feet made a sudden movement, as if he was about to run off. In a flash, the woman's gun was back in her hands, and 
returned it to its former position.
  
"Annyo...I'm not done yet," she smirked, clearly entertained by his anxiety. "You've got the hear the rest of the mission first."
  
 "YOU EVIL HAG! SHE COULD BE DYING AS WE SPEAK!" he roared, no longer able to contain himself.
   
"No matter to me, and you're wasting your own time should you choose to interupt me again." However, he still noticed that she was  
still trying to speak fairly quickly. Ah...how egotistical...she's confident she'll win anyways, so she's doing this on purpose......how dare she
underestimate me like that...
   
"Once you get her back, I want you to take her back, nurse her, care for her, and then finally act as if nothing ever happened. You'll  
be by her side as if nothing has changed, before all the drama came into your life, and you will just be yourself and Taeyeon from before."
   
He realized that she'd drawn up a beautiful picture from the past for him, tempting him with somewhat false fantasies. They were a  
once in a lifetime opportunity for him, and he was sure they had gone for good. When he finally snapped back to the harsh reality, he
realized her words were about to the reach the final .
  
 "And then....you must make her fall in love with you."
   
It was as if all the blood had drained from his body. Without even being conscious of it, he fell to his knees and felt a terrible ache inside his 
heart that seemed to come out of nowhere. He started to feel a painful throbbing inside chest, as a picture of a carefree Taeyeon flashed in 
his mind.
   
"Painful, huh? I told you it would be difficult. I'm just toying with your weaknesses here, and I apologize but I happen to know exactly where 
your Achilles' heel is.
   
"The problem with you, is that you are much too loyal, too kind, too willing to throw yourself away for those you love. And because of  
that, here's what I declare: if you successfully make her fall in love with you, she will live on..."
   
His heart thudded violently against his chest, hoping and praying for the best.

"...and you shall be the one to die under my bullet."
  
 A sinking and unsettling feeling was aroused inside him, and he felt as if his entire world had sank into a permanent clouded future.
   
The lady smiled contently at her successful attempt to startle him.  "However, if you fail to day so within exactly 13 days, YOU will be the  
one who will be spared by my bullet and SHE is the one who will be it's final target. Oh, and don't bother hiding, because I never miss,  
no matter where you are." As she finished, she threw her head and cackled malevolently, her laughter ferocious and wild.

He could barely breathe anymore, his fists were clenched and his sweat was melding into the violent raindrops. He couldn't move,  
and all he could see was Taeyeon in his mind. Her laughter echoed in his ears, and he felt the pain inside him intensify.
  
 "What are you waiting for?" she whispered suddenly.
   
"Go."

He dragged his body to a standing position, his movements robotic and his eyes were blank. He couldn't think anymore, and all he could do 
was listen to what this heartless human said to him. His legs seemed to move on their own, as they carried his body to the waterfront and
soaked him into the dangerous waters, struck by bolt after bolt of lightning. It was more than a death trap, and he had to hurry, although all
he could see in his mind was the image of Taeyeon.  

His body was on its own, his mind and heart in an entirely different place. It seemed hopeless really, to expect to find one girl's body  
amongst the dark and broad abyss of water surrounding him.
  
His body dove under water, and he searched around while holding his breath for as long as he could. He threaded and flopped through the  
heavy, black waters, almost in pitch darkness if not for the momentary lightning strikes. He felt the pressure closing in on his lungs, and  
the throbbing in his head getting even more painful.
   
Under unable to hold it in any longer, he swam upwards and burst out of the fragile surface of the water, spraying it all around him, gasping
for breath as he did so. He was like a majestic and beautiful yet tragic animal, highlighted by the  blazing lightning. His expression was  
coated with pain and sorrow as he raised his head slowly, the rain falling down on him. He knew he could be shocked to death at any  
moment, but it didn't seem to matter to him anymore. He'd gone to a state close to insanity, and the only thing that would cure him from  
that state was relief and reassurance, which he so greatly lacked.
   
At that moment, a final crash of thunder seemed to explode right next to his ear. Everything became still at that moment, and what  
happened next was almost like a miracle.
   
The dark clouds rumbled for a few more moments, and then parted. The rain stopped falling in an instant, and not another bolt of  
lightning was seen. The clouds dissappeared as they kept parting and parting, finally revealing the somber yet radiant shine of the moon  
hidden behind them all this time. His eyes widened suddenly.
   
It was as if he was in a trance.
   
He could only stare at the moon and its unearthly shimmer in that moment. He was drawn to it, as if he'd never seen it before in his  
life. It was so pure, so white, and so perfect in his eyes. It had come as a last sign of hope for him, and it brought him the relief and  
reassurance that he needed so much from before.
   
Without hesitation, he suddenly dove under the water and swam in the direction of the white light. It seemed to be calling out to  
him, pleading for him to come its way. He went towards it, slowly and steadily, his heart comforting him along the way, telling him that  
this was the only way.
   
It felt like no less than an eternity. He kept swimming and treading and kicking, moving steadily faster and faster, starting to grow more
and more anxious. His lungs were about to explode, and he wondered how much more of it he could take. But he knew if he gave up,  
the spell would be broken, and he would never find her. His head started hurting more than it ever had before, and his body threatened  
to fall apart on him, At this point the only thing that kept him going was the slowly fading image of Taeyeon still resonating in his mind,  
her carefree nature and her melodic laughter.

Taeyeon....

His eyes squeezed shut, and he felt the turmoil overcome him. He felt his breath dissapear from him completely, and his legs and arms felt
as if they had gone completely paralyzed. The only thing that told him he was still alive was the plummeting feeling in his chest, striking
terror into his mind. His body was screaming at him in rage, already pushed towards its very limits. It was over, it was all over.
   
He took every last amount of strength he had left and gave one final kick, and before he knew it he found that he had burst through  
the surface of the water once again. The moonlight seemed to shine even brighter than before reflecting off the water droplets coating  
his clothes and skin, giving him a stunning, angelic glow.  He breathed heavily, gasping and choking for the air.
   
As he finally regained the sanity and common sense that had escaped his mind from moments before, he found his mind clearing up and 
humane thoughts return to his mind. He bent his head down, and felt a tear leaking out from his right eye, melding in with water coating
his cheeks.

But it was more of a tear of relief than a tear of regret.

In his tired and burning arms, there laid the limp and unconscious body of Kim Taeyeon, her silhouette unsettling yet lovely in an 
undescribed manner as it was basked in the pure, white light.

And it was only then that Leeteuk could finally feel the tension break free from his heart, only to tighten again as he remembered his horrific
mission.

Kim Taeyeon....you will fall in love me...
 


Shoot...how'd it get so short....
I swear it was longer when I was actually typing it ><

Oh well, next update, I promise xD

...actually I have PILES of work rushing in so don't expect much from me 'til Christmas :(

Once again, thanks again to everyone reading this ^^
I'm up to 70...so only 30 left to go before I reach my ULTIMATE goal xD

Oh yeah, did anyone else spend yesterday crying?
I know I did...ToT

Leeteuk’s first day as a Sukira DJ. ♥
First day as DJ




Ah well, I'm sure they're still happy, and thats all that matters :)))

Oh, I know it's stupid for asking this but the quote:

"It's not THE end, it's AN and."

Someone clarify? I think I get it, but not fully xD

 

Anyways, sorry for all the depression...

 

Until next update and RANDOM PICTURE TIME!!!!

 

Hahaa~ :D:DDD