Avoiding Glances

Entwined Destinies

The bell for final dimissal rang at Lee Soo Man High, and students started spilling out of the doors and hallways, expectant to get home and relax for the long break coming up. There were groups of boys and girls frittering about and chatting about their plans, some going to a far away resort for vacation while others being lazy and staying at home.

Taeyeon walked through the hallway as she left her vocals classroom, knowing exactly where she was going as always. As she clutched her books tightly, she heard a familiar voice in the distant crowd, calling for somebody's name. She looked up and saw it was none other Leeteuk, and he was calling desperately after Eunhyuk with a pained expression on his face. She couldn't help but feel a surge of sympathy for him, with which she immediately shook out of her head as she remembered why she'd been avoiding him all day.

Taeyeon glanced quickly at Leeteuk again, and saw that Eunhyuk had apparently not obliged to his calls, and he was left standing there alone. The people in the hallways were quickly dispatching, and she got a better view of him. He was leaned his head back on a post and breathed out harshly, as if he couldn't believe these things were happening to him.

   I can't believe it either, Leeteuk-ssi, Taeyeon thought fiercely.

  And yet she was still staring at him, intrigued by his mysterious aura. Before, he had a pure and cheerful aura, but now he was draped in an emotion that Taeyeon could not classify. That person really is something, Taeyeon couldn't help thinking.

  At that moment, Leeteuk turned his head and caught Taeyeon's gaze, his eyes still shining as before this all happened. Shocked, she quickly turned her head away and walked away as quickly as she could. Aigo, why did I do that? I'm such a babo. She heard his voice call after her, but she chose to ignore it and kept walking. I can't have any feelings for him at all anymore, Taeyeon said to herself. She rubbed at her eyes, and then continued walking away from Leeteuk for what she hoped to be a long time.

 

 

Short. But bear with me, this is actually just kind of a bonus chapter.