In Another Time and Place (Part 1)

Entwined Destinies

It was dimly lit, and papers were strewn here and there as she propped her red heels (which greatly contrasted her petite black dress) onto the desk, leaning back into her office chair and not seeming to care what was going on. If she was caught she would surely get in trouble for "slacking off", but it wasn't as if she cared. In her right hand, she twirlled a dart effortlessly, and in her left there hung a cigarette, its trails of smoke flowing depressingly from the end around the dark room. She brought it to her lips, took a puff and drew it back.

At once, she recoiled her right hand and then it forwards as hard and as fast as she could. The dart sliced through the thin air across the dark room, and as it reached the other side (which was nearly five metres away), it came into contact with another dart already placed in the board with such a force that the previous dart was knocked off. As both projectiles collapsed to the floor, the woman stood up and smiled satisfactorily to herself, throwing her cigarette aside disdainfully. She looked at the target at which she had just aimed for: it was a picture of beautiful blonde woman pinned to the board, and she had just thrown her dart right at the previous dart which had been pierced right into the bullseye.

"Mary..." she growled under her breath, her chest heaving up and down. "You may think you have it all now, but just wait. After this mission, once I've captured Park Jung Soo and Kim Taeyeon, all of your power shall be transferred to me. I shall be the rightful leader of this project, and I will be so much better at it than you shall be."

She grabbed another dart off the desk and threw it again, barely looking, her fingers elegant and poised as the dart left her hand. The dart once again landed in the dead centre of the board, piercing right through where Mary's eye was supposed to be in the photo.

"With a  talent like this, it would be a shame if it were all to be wasted," she murmured, as she held up her right hand, admiring it. "And the only way to use it to its full extent is for me to take her position, and do everything she never could've done."

She gasped and jumped a little as she heard a sudden knocking at the door.

"Rookie?"

She gritted her teeth, straightening out her dress and running a few fingers through her hair.

They better not have heard me... Quickly, she grabbed her final dart off the table and aimed it right on the top border of the photo, ripping the page and sending the photo drifting to the floor, somehow landing precisely face down and hiding any evidence for the time being. 

"Come in!" she called, trying hard not to look too flustered. The door cracked open and there soon appeared right in front of her blonde woman wearing completely black attire: leather jacket, dark boots, gloves...the only thing that seemed to be light on her was pale skin and long, flowing hair.

"Mary..." she said through gritted teeth. "What brings you here all of a sudden?"

"The captives need your attention, Cosette...or should I say Rookie..." Mary responded coldly. "Don't think I suddenly decided to pay you a visit for no reason. Captain's orders. He wants you to do it for some reason." Cosette noticed there was a strange darkness in her eyes, as if she was infuriated about something.

And so smiled coyly at her, deciding to weave it as she wished.

"Hmmm...there's wrinkles on your face now, aren't there?" she smiled. "Perhaps you're getting old...too old for this position of yours. Perhaps you should step down and let someone younger take over...someone who can at least handle the stress."

Mary's eyebrows tilted and her stare became harsh. Cosette could see her restraining to reach over and grab her by the collar of her dress. She simply kept smiling, flipping her brown hair so that it almost hit Mary in the face. She moved away from the desk and started walking towards the door away from Mary.

"Stop trying too hard," she said. "You might end up getting gray hairs too, and that would be bad."

"Watch your mouth, Rookie," Mary shot back. "Just because you've got a talent for aiming doesn't mean you can go around believing you're the Queen of this place."

Cosette shrugged and looked back, meeting eyes with Mary. "You don't have to worry about that, Ms. Leader," she smirked. "I don't just believe it...I live off it." And the door slammed shut behind her, leaving Mary behind in her office.

Her heels clicked down the dimly lit hallways (which were still a bit brighter than her room, but dark nonetheless), which were surprisingly8 empty at this time. As she wandered through the steely, cold corridors, her mind drifted back to Mary.

I wonder if she found the picture...or at least...I hope she did...

She smiled to herself as she walked down a couple of stairs, brushing an invisible speck of lint of the edge of her dress. As she reached the last step, her smile broadened as she found herself staring into a brightly lit corridor, with metal doors on each side of it.

"I guess it's time to get my hands dirty..." she stepped towards one of the doors and typed in a passcode, unlocking with a click. She pushed the doorr forwards, and heard startled gasps from inside. She walked forward with dignity and confidence, and it made her satisfied to seem them almost cower before her, regardless of how tough she'd heard they were.

"W-what do you want from us?" one voice quivered.

"It doesn't matter what I want it only matters what you can do for me..." she responded calmly.

"You...YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO KEEP US HERE!" another screamed, this time it was a male voice.

"You're right, I don't...but it doesn't keep my boss from doing it." She reached into her dress and pulled out a gun, as the entire room silenced immediately.

"Learn to keep your mouths shut, otherwise don't question why we're being cruel..." she smiled as she twirled the gun and walked past them towards the next door at the end of the corridor.

Her eyes perked as she heard a sudden sigh of relief, and a chill past through her. Without looking back, she pointed the gun behind her and pulled the trigger. A loud noise burst out, and someone scream.

As if a human can ever afford to relax.. She scowled as she walked through the next door, slamming it behind the screaming and wailing behind her and suddenly found herself in a pitch black room.

She growled. What are they planning now...? She d around for the button switch that would allow her to see.

As soon as the lights flooded the room, she found her eyes widen: and it was not just because of the flood of light.

Her arms were suddenly pulled back harshly, causing her back to arch and her balance to falter. She felt another arm wrap around her neck, and it threaten to pull back tighter. More hands grabbed onto Cosette, holding her back and to her horror, she realized she was completely unable to move.

"Stop it! Don't kill her!" cried a female voice from the side. Her eyeballs manage to twitch slightly to the right to see a brown-haired girl with doe-like eyes stare straight at her, almost concerned.

"Ha, as if they'd have the guts to," said a cocky male voice from the side.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," another voice sounded as Cosette finally managed to catch sight of the broken cuffs and metal strewn across the side of the cell.

"Sure, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk may not but I wouldn't put it past Kyuhyun..."

"LET ME GO!" she roared, but she was quickly overwhelmed by the presence of at least five people holding her down. She found herself looking into the fierce eyes of what was supposedly an innocent looking boy, but the anger in his eyes completely changed that.

"Sure, once you tell us what we want to know," Eunhyuk leered, as Cosette's eyes widened.

She slowly saw the remaining girls approach her, three of which were holding on to her, five of which looked extremely intimidating and holding objects which could easily be used as weapons in their hands. And what's worse were the males in the room, looking frighteningly confident and strong regardless of their situation.

Their names which she had memorized earlier from glancing at the clipboard scrolled through her mind.

Jung Suyeon. Kim Heechul. Lee Sunkyu. Lee Sungmin. Hwang Miyoung. Choi Siwon. Kim Hyoyeon. Lee Hyukjae. Kwon Yuri. Han Geng. Choi Sooyoung. Im Yoona. Lee Donghae. Seo Joo-Hyun. Cho Kyuhyun. Kim Kibum. Kim Ryeowook. Kim Jongwoon. Kim Youngwoon. Shin Dong Hee...

A blonde girl with an icy stare stepped up and looked at her, brandishing her metal rod.

"Well?"
 

Introduction of new character -> Cosette :P

I promise explanations in the next chapter (after all, they've caught the enemy)

Also, I can't believe people are still reading this so much after so long XD

Thank you so so so so so so so much for staying with me <3

Super Generation Love coming up soon (stay tuned!)

RANDOM PICTURE TIME:

I call fail.

DERPWON.