Conflicting Decisions

Entwined Destinies

Taeyeon was sitting on the couch, talking on the phone, while Leeteuk was sitting on the other couch, staring at his feet awkwardly. He was far enough away that he couldn't hear what Taeyeon was saying.
   "Look, Donghae might've overeacted that night and I'm pretty sure that there's a slight chance you could've been mistaken--" Eunhyuk was saying into the phone.
   "Are you calling Junsu a liar?" Taeyeon spat back disgustedly.
   "We're kind of calling Leeteuk a liar, aren't we?" Eunhyuk retorted. "The more we think about it, the more we're sure our hyung would never do something like that and there's got to be a reason for it. And if you could only just--"
   "But why me?! Why couldn't one of you guys do it NORMALLY as opposed to LOCKING ME IN THE HOUSE!" Taeyeon yelled back. Leeteuk was glancing at Taeyeon uncomfortably by now.
   "We never expected you to overreact like this and it's actually a really good plan--"
   "How?!"
   "...it just is, araseo?!"
  "You guys are all crazy."
   "It takes crazy people to know how other crazy people think."
   "Are you calling me crazy?"
   "Buoya?! Annyo! I'm saying Leeteuk hyung is pretty weird, so confronting him normally would never work--"
   "Well, have you ever TRIED it?!"
   "Not really but we know Teukie hyung pretty well--"
   "That's what you said before you found out he lit a building on fire." Leeteuk was now on his feet and pacing back and forth, 
attempting casual glances that end up desperate at Taeyeon once in awhile.
   "But we don't know that he did, and it's your job to find out."
   "Thanks for getting my opinion in this," Taeyeon scowled. She glanced at Leeteuk and dropped her voice to a whisper. "Yah! What if he does something bad to me?"
   At this, Eunhyuk laughed. "Relax, Teukie-hyung would never harm a girl like that."
   "And he also wouldn't set a building on fire--oh wait--"
   "Calm down. If he tries anything, we'll be right outside. Just give us a ring if anything happens and we'll barge into the house instantly. So keep the doors unlocked and your cellphone on at all times if you're worried."
   "I still think you're crazy."
    "Oh and if you're hungry, Shindong and Hankyung cooked you guys dinner. I heard Hankyung's fried rice is really good....listen Taeyeon, you were pretty close to our hyung yourself as I've found out. Do you really believe the person you ate with at the restaurant to be a heartless killer? Because I certainly don't think you do."
   At this Taeyeon was quiet, she remembered how much she cried, more than she ever normally would on that night. Leeteuk became her friend as soon as they'd met, and it's hard to feel so comfortable with a person just like that after just a day. She stole a glance over to Leeteuk, hoping he wouldn't notice. He casually flipped his hair out his eyes and bent down to stare at his shoes. Taeyeon had almostforgotten how beautiful he was. From the moment she met him, she knew there was something special about him. She immediately shook the thought out of her head, knowing it wasn't good for her.
   Suddenly, Taeyeon realized something.
   "Wait a minute! How do you know about the restaurant?" she declared, turning away from Leeteuk.
   "Yoona noticed you guys at the restaurant, did you really think she was that blind?" Taeyeon could hear the mischevious grin in Eunhyuk's voice. "Apparently you two were quite the couple, laughing at acting all cute and lovey dovey with each other--"
   "HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?!"
   "--which makes you the perfect person for the job...wait, give me a second...okay, Taeyeon-ssi, I've given you all the instructions you need..."
   "Wait a minute, that's it?!"
   "Oh yeah, almost forgot the important part, don't let him know we're part of the plan. Actually don't tell him there's a plan at all. Good luck and save some fried rice for us."
   "Wait--!"
   The dial tone bleeped rejectedly, leaving Taeyeon hanging. She slammed the phone closed in a fury and shoved it into her  Jean pockets.
   "The nerve of those guys..." she muttered under her breath. "When I get out I'll kill them all..."
   She looked up and noticed Leeteuk staring intently at her. He was clearly confused as he ought to be, but she also noticed some remnants of hurt left inside his normally sparkling eyes.
   Well, I might as well do what they asked, Taeyeon thought. The sound of Eunhyuk's voice insisting that his hyung was innocent touched her heart, and she knew she wanted to believe it to.
   "So," Leeteuk said suddenly. "Do you want to tell me what you're doing in my house all of a sudden?"
   Taeyeon's brain gave a frightening jolt. I bet you didn't think of that one, you geniuses..or genii, whatever..she thought angrily at Eunhyuk and the others.
   "Well...uh...I came by to...uh...visit you?" She winced as she realized she sounded as convincing as Yuri did trying to persuade her earlier. Taeyeon bit her lip regrettably.
   As expected, Leeteuk gave her a weird look. "Sure you did," he replied.
   Taeyeon couldn't help but notice how soothing his voice was even when he was a little mad. She hadn't seen him for awhile, and every single time she did, even now, she wanted to take in every single detail of him. She then got mad at herself for thinking that and quicky shook the thought out of her head with a whole lot of difficulty.
   Leeteuk sat down on the couch. "You see me as a culprit, even a murderer," he said pointedly, leaning back and looking completely casual. "Why would you want to visit me?"
   Taeyeon did some fast thinking. "B--b--because...I...uh..."
   "You seem a little shaky," Leeteuk said softly. He stared so deeply into her that for a moment Taeyeon thought he knew the truth. "What could be so important...Taengoo?"
   He called me Taengoo, was the only thing that kept ringing through Taeyeon's mind as much as she tried to shake it out. She was trying to think of a good reason why she was there, and for some reason she couldn't stop getting distracted by Leeteuk.
   She looked over to Leeteuk. He was smiling by now. Why's he smiling? she thought. Does he know? Oh, but his smile's so 
nice...ARGH!!! WHY DO I KEEP DOING THAT!
   Leeteuk stood up suddenly. "Fine, I won't prod anymore," he said.
   Taeyeon's widened eyes failed to hide her thoughts. "Buoya?" she said suddenly, her inner thought arguments interupted.
   Leeteuk brushed some invisible specks of dust on his jeans.
   "I'm not gonna' lie," he sighed. "I've been quite lonely lately after that little incident." He turned towards Taeyeon and gave a little smirk. "I could use a little company, and maybe the reason you're here will suddenly come to you later." He turned and walked into the kitchen.
   "N-ne, oppa," Taeyeon replied. That's it? she thought. Eunhyuk was right, this dude is weird. With nothing better to do, she walked into the kitchen after Leeteuk.

   "I'm eating all the fried rice," Taeyeon muttered to herself as she entered the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

Yeah, I'll try to continue to update tommorow.

The next few chapters are going to take this story into kind of a whole new genre because of the huge twist, so please stay tuned! Kamhapsupnida, saranghae my readers! <3333