Alone

Entwined Destinies

   Taeyeon's eyelids were heavy.
   She couldn't force them open, so for awhile, she felt completely blind blind.
   She heard the distinct sound of the soft wind blowing, and the crickets chirping quietly.
   It must be nighttime, she thought. She tried again to open her eyes, but to no avail.
   Taeyeon touched the area around her carefully. It was rough and grainy, and she could instantly tell it was sand. I'm on a beach? she thought. The weather was slightly cold, however, and contradicted her theory.
   With one last effort, she forced her eyelids apart slowly. Her eyes were blurry as she sat up slowly, and all she could she were blobs of green propped against a twisted blue background.
   I don't think this is Seoul anymore, she thought. Slowly, her vision started to focus again, and when she brushed the hair out of her eyes, she gasped at the sight.
   It was true that it was a beach of some sort, but there was not a person in sight at the time. The trees were tall and luscious, forming forests that you could easily get lost in. The water had a mysterious look to it, as if it was hiding some ominous creatures beneath its depths.
   Where is this? How'd I get here? Ah...eotteoke...?
   Taeyeon shivered a little, as she suddenly remembered the image of all her friends, and then Leeteuk telling her to kiss him....and then the monster. Was it a dream?
The sun was nowslowly starting to slink away, taking the warmth away with it. All she was wearing was a flimsy sweater on top of her white blouse and a thin scarf designed to look nice, not to keep warm. But that wasn't the only reason. She was stranded on this random beach with no idea what to do and no access to communications whatsoever.
   At that moment, Yesung's bloodied face came into her mind, and then Seohyun dissolving into nothingness, the black monster taking her away....and she felt nauseous. Oh, are they going to be okay..? she whimpered. Her eyes started to water but she quickly brushed the tears away. I have to get back to Seoul and find them.
   Taeyeon stood up slowly, and fighting back the dizziness in her mind left from the stun, she looked around to see if there was anything of use to her. There was no point in going into the forest right now, as that might get into more of a mess than before. She sighed and decided to follow the coastline of the beach, hopefully leading somewhere. It wasn't much of a plan, but it was the best she could do. Her face was starting to feel pinchy, so she wrapped her thin scarf around her cheeks, hoping to keep herself as warm as possible.
   As Taeyeon started walking, she let her mind purposely wander to all the things that'd happened in the past week. She'd met and got along amazingly well with a person named Park Leeteuk, and for some reason she broke down into a mess when he'd annouced he liked somebody that wasn't her.                     

   It was then that she met Junsu, handsome and charming Junsu, who was supposedly her perfect match. She'd even believed that he'd saved her from the horrible accident, yet she never felt that lurch whenever she saw him that she did for 
Leeteuk.
   And then she found out that the same man that broke her heart so deeply supposedly tried to kill her and every one else in a blazing building. She'd admitted out loud and personally accused him herself...only to end up crying her eyes out that night. She hadn't told anyone about how her eyes hurt the next morning, or how  the pain was so deep it'd practically torn her apart.
   It was only then that she knew that she'd liked him ever since she met him. But she easily erased those feelings, because she had common sense enough to know that falling for with a suspected killer is not a good idea.
   Yet, when she met him again, she forgot all about it. She ended up laughing with him as if nothing had ever changed. And when she fell into his embrace, it was one that she recognized, and what a relief it was. He was her saviour, she was sure of it.
   Taeyeon smiled weakly to herself as she thought of this. Once everyone is fine again, I'll surely confess to him, and let him know how I feel, even if he loves another. Then I'll have no regrets.
   Suddenly, Taeyeon stopped in her tracks.
   Ahead of her was a person. She couldn't tell whether it was a male or female..........or good or bad.
   Eotteoke?! She thought. Should I approach her or him?
   Making a hasty decision, she decided to hide herself. She jumped into the forest bushes close to her and viewed the person from there. She then realized she was having trouble seeing whoever it was, because the sun was sinking at a rapid rate, creating twisted and grotesque shadows all over the beach.
   Cautiously, Taeyeon stepped forward to take a better look. She moved as close as she dared to, and soon enough, she was less than five metres away from the person.
   Taeyeon held in her breath as much as she could and stared intently at the person. It seemed to be a male, and he was just standing there, staring out into the dark open waters with seemingly no sign of doing anything productive soon.
   He must be here to have some time alone, Taeyeon thought. So this place may be populated after all. But she knew better than to run up to him immediately; she was going to see his face first.
   Determined to see his profile, Taeyeon took a step to the left, as she was hoping to go around and see him from the side.
   CRACK!!
   The sound was audible and loud enough that Taeyeon was sure the person standing only a few metres away could hear it clearly. She cringed and her eyes widened as the person whirled around to look.
   Although it probably wasn't the smartest decision, Taeyeon couldn't think anymore because she let her fear control her. She whirled around before she could even see the person's face and ran deeper into the forest, not caring which way she went, her only goal was to keep herself from being seen. She clutched at the thin scarf around her face as she took the biggest strides she could with her short legs.
   Taeyeon swore she'd turned a million directions before she finally stopped to catch her breath. She turned in all directions to see if the mysterious man was still following her. She relaxed when she saw there wasn't another shadow in sight.
   Now, to figure out where I am, Taeyeon huffed and puffed and she looked around her for any sign of a trail. I'm bound to hit the end of this forest eventually if I walk in one direction. She knew it might not be the smartest decision, but it was the only one she could think of at the time.
   Taeyeon started a game of rock, paper, scissors with herself to decide which direction to go. She ended up picking right. Stepping on the brambles she might've just stepped on two seconds ago, Taeyeon walked towards what she hoped to be the beach.
 

*********************************

 


Leeteuk opened his eyes slowly, and brushed his now messed up hair out of his eye.
   So they've finally done it, Leeteuk thought. he smirked sadly to himself as he took his barren surroundings. He fell down to his knees and stared at the unknown landscape. I'd never thought they'd really have the guts to do this to them.
   A flash of Yesung's pained expression crying out to him came into Leeteuk's mind as his right hand curled into a tight fist. He let the wind carry a tiny and glistening teardrop away silently, without trying to hold it back. The tidy drop of clear liquid flew out of Leeteuk's mournful eye, and floated magically in the air, flowing with his hair and clothes, before it flew away for good.
   "Miahne...everyone..." Leeteuk's voice was melded into the wind as well, nothing more than a quiet whisper.
   Leeteuk felt a horrible wrenching in his heart as an image of Taeyeon in her very worst condition suddenly came into his mind. It was almost like a flashback, although it never really happened...or so he hoped...
   She's lying there on the ground, bruised and battered, her clothes torn and her gorgeous brown hair tangled and twisted so much that it no longer shone brightly like it usually did. She was struggling to keep her eyes open, and her arm was bent in an awkward position. She seemed to be saying something, but Leeteuk couldn't understand her; it was as if she was speaking another language. At last, she slumped down into a lifeless pile, seemingly with no breath left inside.
   Leeteuk's hand punched hard into the sand beneath him, and he let out a harsh and loud cry of frustration and anger thst used up everything he had inside him. As he did so, he saw more images of his dongsaengs, haunting his mind. It was all too much.
   "How could you do this?" Leeteuk muttered through clenched teeth. "Wae? WAE?!" The cry resonated throughout the entire atmosphere around him, trapping him deeper in his agony.
   At last, Leeteuk felt he could no longer take it nor could he let it out more in anyway. All he did then was stare silently out to the deserted lands in front of him and eventually fell into an intoxicating sleep, which was the only place he could just  barely escape from the twisted hell he suddenly was apart of.
   But unfortunately, dreams and nightmares do exist.

 

 

 

I'M BACK!! AFTER SO LONG!!! YAY!! IT'S SUMMER!

Expect more frequent updates from me and of course, THANKS FOR STAYING WITH ME FOR SO LONG! Love you all! <3