Day 2: The Damsel

Entwined Destinies

Taeyeon sprang to her feet and backed away as much as she could from the people surrounding her. They were all covered in black hoods, their faces shielded by them so that she could not see them. Two people suddenly rushed forwards towards Leeteuk's body prodding it and examining it as if to check if he was still alive.

Her eyes tore away from them as she saw the broken ornament scattered below her feet and around Leeteuk's body, speckled with drops of red. She could barely understand how she hadn't gone into another panic attack yet...this was way too much for anyone to handle.

She tried to move but found that she was once again frozen. What had she done? In her attempt to prove she was capable she had made the greatest mistake she could've ever done.

"You guys...what do you want...? Why are you here?" she spoke.

"We came to take care of him," replied the same female voice from before. "But clearly you've done more than enough for us. Take him away!" And before she could even move, Leeteuk's unconscious body was dragged away from her and dissappeared from sight. As she was about to get up to go after them, she found she was immediately pushed down and held back by the person standing in front of her.

"Well Kim Taeyeon, we finally meet in person," the woman spoke. "I admit you're a lot...plainer than I had imagined." Taeyeon said nothing. "Well, we'd better hurry. Dwaddle around any more and she might find a way out. We won't let that happen again."

At once, Taeyeon was grabbed by the arms and dragged away from the hallway. Struggle as she might, she found that she could not let go. Is this happening again? She felt useless, and dissapointed in herself. But more than anything, she wished she could understand what was going on, why this was happening to her, and why on Earth it also involved him.

"CHO HEE!" she screamed desparately. "CHO HEE! HELP ME!" She knew it was pointless, as was immediately covered roughly by her captor at once. Besides, who knows what could've happened to Cho Hee at this point. Her heart felt painfully tight at the thought of it.

"Hmm..." the woman's voice came again. "We got a loudmouth here, haven't we? Even someone like you should understand that such acts are completely pointless. Huang Cho Hee won't be able answer your calls now..."

Taeyeon's eyes widened at the remark. Wait a minute... She struggled for a moment and managed to get her upper lip on top of the man's hand. Without thinking, she bit as hard as she could, causing him to cry out and let go, allowing her to speak for a moment.

"How do you know her full name?" she yelled as quickly as possible. "Do you and Cho Hee have some kind of relation? Tell me--" This time she was forced down, and her hands were tied up. Her eyes flashed in terror as she saw a cloth being produced out of nowhere.

"Don't bother!" the woman declared suddenly. She pointed at the cloth. "Even if we don't gag her, no one will be around to hear her and rescue her anyways. Besides, this is getting interesting...what else to you have to accuse me of, little girl?"

Taeyeon's eyes flared at the sudden inferiority that she was given. She shook her minions' arms away from her body and straightened her back as much as she could to look the lady in the eye.

"I asked you...how do you know Huang Cho Hee?" Taeyeon repeated again, her voice firm and clear.

She could sense her smirk, even in such a darkness.

"I guess you could say that I'm her 'auntie'."
 

****************

Leeteuk stared into blackness, as he tried to comprehend what exactly it was that had happened before he passed out. He recalled seeing the people creeping into the house by the window of his room, and he had snuck out to observe the situation. As he finally caught sight of a few of them, someone had crept up behind him, and after a blinding pain he had collapsed.

And had ended up here...whereever this was.

He hadn't dared to open his eyes yet, for fear of what he would find when he was fully conscious. He didn't want to go back to reality yet, and for a moment he wished to drift into the darkness forever...but of course that would be awfully foolish at this point.

However, that same image flashed again, over and over in his mind.

He didn't want to think about but it pained his mind and crushed his brain.

The person who had hit him...

No...it couldn't be...it can't be...

He clenched his fingers together and breathed a deep sigh.

That blazing expression in the eyes, the brown hair that had been cut short and flaring out behind the person, the round lips that could speak such terrible words which would ache his heart for days.

It can't be Kim Taeyeon...

Was he simply mistaken? It could've been someone who dressed up to be exactly like her. It was entirely possible at that time of day.

But her eyes...the way they shone with such fury, the same eyes he had seen hundreds of times when arguing with her. The look which would terrify him for days...

It was exactly the same.

He breathed yet another sigh, not wanting to think of this horrid possibility.

"Awake, oppa?"

His eyes flashed open, and he bolted straight upwards at the sound of the voice. At once, he cried out in pain as he felt his head throb, undoubtedly still not healed from the impact.

The room was still dark, and his eyes were having trouble adjusting.

"There, there, oppa...you can relax, for now..."

He felt a gentle hand brushed across his forehead, clearing his bangs out of the way as wet cloth was pressed onto it seconds later. He recoiled, still conscious about the fact that he could certainly be in danger.

"What's wrong, oppa? We used to be so close to one another, remember?"

Leeteuk groaned as his eyes finally adjusted. As he saw the person standing in front of him, he felt his body tense up and his heart felt as if it had dropped a million miles. Though it was within the darkness, he could see the person well enough in front of him.

Dark hair. Brown eyes. Gentle smile. White dress.

Leeteuk's mouth hung open to say his first words ever since he woke up.

"Ch...Cho Hee?"

The person's smile widened.
 

****************

"A...aunt?" Taeyeon shuddered.

The lady's terrible smile seemed to be permanent on her face.

"Why? Did you not see in coming at all?" she responded.

Taeyeon was frozen, unable to speak. Kind Cho Hee...caring Cho Hee...friendly & bubbly Cho Hee...was it all a lie?

"You've got to be kidding me..." Taeyeon whispered.