Unexpected Reunion

Entwined Destinies

   My feet are falling apart. Taeyeon groaned as she walked through the dense bushes of the populated forest, her body slowly falling apart. She sworn she'd been attacked by several hundred thousand digusting bugs, stepped on thousands of thorns, and tripped and fell over a tree branch every minute in the time she'd been in the forest. It'd been hours already, and she hadn't a crumb of food or a drop of water to suppress herself. It was to the point that she'd been tempted to swallow a few bright looking berries on a random bush.
   Regardless, she pushed herself forwards, and towards what she deeply hoped to be any source of nutrients to suffice her dizziness. She knew she had to hurry, as she would eventually pass out from hunger and thirst if not from the cold in just a few minutes.
   Taeyeon stopped against a tree and breathed deeply while looking around aimlessly.
   Then she saw it.
   It was a non-shadowed light.
   It stood out from the eerie light that surrounded her--it was her way out.
   Taeyeon didn't know whether or not to laugh or cry at her sudden fortune. Instead, she let out a cry that seemed to be a combination of both, gathered up her remaining strength, and ran towards the shine as fast she could.
   Taeyeon was only a few feet away, when she suddenly slowed down, and finally stopped. The exit was right in front of her, and she could even see the flowing water.
   What if that person is still waiting for me out there? Taeyeon shivered. She looked around as carefully as she could with her 
narrowed and limited view. Deciding she was safe enough, she bolted out of her grassy covering before she could change her mind.
   Taeyeon immediately breathed in fresh and free air that felt different as she burst out from amidst the bushes. She saw the sinking sun on a perfect horizon and she felt so much better out in the open that she was tempted to roll around in the sand beneath her feet.
   At last, when she was done rejoicing, Taeyeon decided to figure where she was. She saw no footprints in the sand, so she decided she must be in a different place from before.
   Phew, I guess that's some progress. Taeyeon pulled the scarf down from her face carefully and stared out into the water. What are the chances it's freshwater, Taeyeon wondered. She was entranced by the 
soft waves and was beckoned to walk towards it.
    As she reached the edge of the dry sand, Taeyeon slowly pulled her sneakers off and left them at the side. She rolled up her jeans slowly, as she definitely did not want to get those wet. She put her right foot first into the water, and then followed in with her left. It was cold, but she felt it would be worth it. She let the water tickle her hands  for a little bit before she scooped  it and brought it up to .
   She took a gentle sip....
   ...and spat it out as quickly as she could.
   Her eyes squinted as she tried to get rid of the salt taste out of as quickly as she could. The wondrous and miraculous spell the water had given her two seconds ago had been broken. As if horrified by it, she jumped out of the water as quickly as she could, grabbing her sneakers.
   "That was extremely surprising," she muttered angrily. "What kind of beach would have saltwater?" Taeyeon kept on grumbling as she rolled down her jeans and continued walking along the edge of the coastline, which had been her original plan.
   She let her eyes drift around the place as she walked, trying to notice anything familiar or noticeable overall. Her eyes slowly drifted over to the sunset, and she suddenly felt a gentleness creep into her heart.
   "Leeteuk-oppa," she whispered softly, sweetly. "Wherever you are, I hope you're sharing this beautiful sunset with me right now." Taeyeon felt a tear flow out of her eyes and land in the sand beneath her as she hoped from the bottom of heart that he was alright. My saviour. She saw his laughing face appear in her mind and she suddenly felt revived and determined. I'll do anything to get away from this island to thank you properly oppa.
   Taeyeon turned away from the fading sun reluctantly and realized she must find a place to rest before the night came. Taeyeon looked at the forest and realized with groan that all of her bed and sleeping materials would have to come from there.
   Taeyeon walked towards the trees again. As she was about to enter, she tripped over something that felt like a log and almost landed flat on her face.
   "Aigo!" she cried out in frustration. She turned around to see what it was that'd done such a thing to her, hoping it would be small enough for her to kick somewhere to vent her angers.
   She realized whatever it was was covered by a bunch of thick leaves. Thinking to herself, she tore the leaves away with a huff, half expecting to see something that may turn out to be a comfy resting spot.
   What she really saw frightened her so much that jumped back and let out a scream.
   It was a man.
   And he seemed to be unconscious.
   Taeyeon took a closer look at the person's face and suddenly felt dizzy and  shaky all over, the fear now paralyzing her completely.
   The man had tousled, very light brown hair, a smooth jawline & soft lips that were slightly parted. Although his eyes were closed, there was mysterious elegance about them. Even though he was clearly unconscious, he was beautiful and charming nonetheless.
   Taeyeon couldn't bring herself to believe it. Her eyes were still widened as she clutched her hand to in fear.
   She knew that man too well. In fact, she had just been thinking about him only minutes ago.
    Park Leeteuk was lying right there in front of Taeyeon, unconscious.

 

************************


 
   "HE WHAT?!!!" The man slammed both of his hands hard down on the wooden table. His face was still unseen, but his obvious and now uncontrollable fury was not hidden.
   "I will repeat myself if you wish sir," this collected and calm voice belonged to who seemed to be a voluptuous woman wearing a dark crimson red business suit and black high heels. Her face was hidden too, but one could see the edge of her soft brown curls and her pearl necklace peeking out from between them. It showed she cared about her appearance to a great measure.
   The woman clutched the clipboard she was holding tighter.
   "He deported Jung Soo and Taeyeon-ssi in the same place."
   The man roared in fury. The woman did not step back nor seemed affected by his reactions whatsoever, judging from everything but her facial expressions.
   "That idiot..." the man grumbled. "...ruined all my plans....WHERE IS HE NOW?!!"
   "He's carrying out the rest of what you told him to--"
   "Terminize it! Get him out of there!" the man yelled. He hurled a stack of papers at the woman, making a mess around where she was standing. Papers flew everywhere, but the woman made no move to pick them and stood there as she always had.
  "I'm sending someone else in," the man exclaimed. He spun around in his chair. "Drag him back here." He said suddenly.
  "Sir?"
  "I SAID DRAG HIM BACK HERE!" he yelled, standing up. "ARE YOU DEAF?!"
  "But sir, how do you want me to--"
  "It's up to you," he replied, his voice softening a little. He slunk back into his chair. "You can take command of this assignment. Take whatever or whoever you need to decide that little imbecile's fate." He picked up a glass of clear liquid, swirled it around a little, and took a sip.
   He spoke slowly after he was. "I'm sure you'll find a completely entertaining way to dispose of him."
  "But sir, what about Jung Soo? Shouldn't I look after him?" the woman replied. Her tone changed for the first time ever since the conversation started.
   At this, the man threw his head back and started laughing loudly and uncontrollably.
  "Sir, I'm sure I can get him to--"
   "You really think," the man said between laughs. "That I'd let you take care of the amazing, precious, handsome and perfect Mr. Park at this point?! You've been recruited for just a week, and you think I'd let you give you such a major job?!" The 
man continued laughing.
   The woman was surprisingly not affected. "Sir, I've proved to be one of the most effective workers so far in this workforce! I've learned more than most people within the course of one week and I am the second best in targetting only losing to--"
   "Enough," the man declared. "I don't need to sit here listening to you flatter yourself." He took another sip of his strange drink. "Since you're so insisting, I'll let you take a shot at it."
   The woman seemed grateful. She bowed down low.
   "Komawoyo, sir, komawoyo--"
   "But on one condition," the man said. "You must succeed without any doubts, there must be no faults in your plan whatsoever...otherwise I'm sending someone to come after you like I'm sending you to that other worthless piece of junk right now." He chuckled softly and picked up his cup again.
   The woman was silent.
   Then she said, "In this case, I think I should just--"
   "Are you backing out?!" the man exclaimed. He burst into laughter again. "I'm afraid you're nothing but words. And those who boast about things they don't have must pay. I won't let you withdraw from this, it's already a done deal."
   There was silence again.
   "Yes, sir."
   The man stood up, seemingly satisfied. "Good, start as soon as possible but go and drag that idiot back first." He started to walk towards the exit. The woman slowly followed him when he suddenly turned back.
   "Oh yes, I forgot."
   "Sir?"
   "Clean up that dreadful mess."
   And with that, the door slammed shut, leaving the woman behind with the mess of papers.